December 19, 2014 | 1297 users online

Primer/ Corrector - W7 - W7 Prime Magic Camera Ready - Face Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by macaronbadger

I was using the Mac pre+prime primer but my foundation was creasing and was so easy to wipe off my face, so I thought I'd try another product and see if there was a difference.
This product was cheap and had relatively good reviews, so for the price I couldn't resist.

When I first got this product I squeezed some out the tube and thought it was like wallpaper paste - gross. However, after shaking the tube a bit and then putting it on my face, I was impressed with the feel of my face afterwards. It is really easily absorbed so you have to use your hands as it just soaks into any brush you try and apply it with.

My foundation goes on so much smoother and it didn't crease so easily (I tried two different foundation with this product and the matt finish looked amazing, the satin/dewy finish creased a bit more easily).

The packaging of this product looks just like the Smashbox Photo-ready primer.

I love this product and it is definitely worth the money. I would be tempted to try the green and purple variants in the future, but this clear one is going to be perfect for my wedding day. Another perk about this product is that it doesn't contain SPF so it won't cause flashback in flash photography.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by dimxim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product a couple of times.
It has a silicone texture and makes foundation glide on smoothly. Minimizes the appearance of pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this primer. I haven't used a lot of different primers before, but I don't even need to try any more after this one. It does exactly what it should. Firstly, it is very affordable - I paid about $14 AUD for it from ebay and one tube lasted months. I use about a pea size amount for my whole face. It feels lovely and soft when applying it, and very silky afterwards. My foundation blends over the top of it perfectly and it gives a flawless finish with no streaks in my foundation. I have combination/oily skin (also slightly acne-prone) and this primer seems to stop my face from becoming oily during the day, and it hasn't broken me out.

The thing I love most about this primer is that it makes my foundation last all day and into the night without having to do any touch-ups. I use a 24 hour foundation but I have used a different, more expensive primer (Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer) under the same foundation and it doesn't make my makeup last nearly as long as this W7 primer does. I'd definitely recommend this to everyone and will be repurchasing it every time I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by fabalab

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Please don't tell me that people actually enjoyed this product?! I don't know if I got a sub-standard item but I have the anti-dull one (I think, the purple tinted one). I'm a make-up artist in training so I know I'm not applying it incorrectly, I've tried using less and more of the product which makes very little difference to how this 'works'. The only thing I liked about it was the feeling it gives when you first apply, that lovely silky feeling that every primer should give. However, that's about it in terms of quality. It did not minimise my pores, brighten my skin, help my foundation glide on any better and in terms of staying power, I found my foundation actually lasted for less time than without it! In terms of smell and things like that, nothing out of the ordinary really. I get that it's dirt cheap, but maybe there's a reason for that? A cheap primer I would recommend instead of this one would be Rimmel Fix & Perfect, which is 6.99, so only a couple of quid more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by pand0rical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this product! it glides on easily and doesn't have a colour or shine, so it looked amazing under my foundation. Made my skin feel amazing and soft, plus no smell. I got it for £3.99 at a local market, so it definitely has value for money. I would 100% buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

the best silicone based primer ever!
most of the primers I´ve tried had the tendency to change the foundation color. I´ve used this primer with several foundations and none of them oxidized. wonderful product for a great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Jayni

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I have ever purchased as I never usually wear it. I wanted something cheap but effective, so I went for a primer by W7. I read previous reviews about this product, so I thought I should try if for myself. And it's brilliant!
I have a combination of oily/dry skin and I'm not a massive sufferer from blemishes, but I wanted my skin to feel soft before applying foundation. All you need is one pump of this primer and it works wonders. It glides on your skin and leaves it feeling like silk! My foundation sets perfectly and leaves my skin feeling soft all day.
The primer has a subtle fragrance but once its on your skin you can't smell it at all. The product feels like thick liquid, but its so soft and not sticky.
I really recommend this. Also, its only £5.99, so you can't go wrong!
So far I've had no problems, so its definitely worth buying.