W7 W7 Prime Magic Camera Ready - Face Primer

4.1

It's super affordable if you're on a budget and it does a really good job for the price you pay. It's a silicone primer and I love silicone primers because it feels like it really fills in pores and fine lines and also creates a smooth surface for foundation or anything you layer on top of it. Deffs recommend!

Pros:
Very very affordable, great for the price you pay and smooths out the skin and makes it super soft

Not really any cons to it

I am convinced that people who have reviewed this both on here and Amazon haven't let it set before putting on foundation, that or the formula has dramatically changed.

If you leave it for 10 mins you get a thin white film all over your face that looks like dead skin. If you try to put anything on afterwards everything rolls off in clumps and balls. Horrible horrible product.

I love this primer so much! It is such a great dupe for the smash box one it's literally the exact for one sixth of the price

It makes my skin feel so smooth and my foundation goes on so well and stays on great. It's really great for diminishing fine lines and big pores

It does help to control oil I have combination skin and oil isn't that big of a problem but I do get a little bit greasy looking in my t-zone during after a few hours and have to top up on powder but not when I have this primer I don't need to powder my t-zone at all which is so handy because I don't have carry powder around anymore with this on

All in all I absolutely love this primer it's so good and more people need to talk about it because it's just such a great primer for it's price:)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I buy this all the time! It is really good and not oily. What you get for your money is amazing! Very cheep and it has great results. I got it nice and cheap from here: http://www.cosmeticco.uk/collections/w7/products/w7-prime-magic-face-primer

Definitely recommend the product and the website I got it off.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've never used a primer before but I am really pleased with how well this W7 Prime Magic Camera Ready Face Primer (clear, not tinted) does the job of helping foundation to go on smoothly and stay on.

A little pea-sized amount does your whole face. It made my skin feel silky and smooth. My foundation stayed on much longer than it did before I used a primer and it (the foundation) didn't go clumpy or discoloured.

I paid just $5 at Chemist Warehouse for this product and I can say it was very good value!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Im so surprised this isnt very popular because this is an awesome product. I hear it is comparable to the Smashbox Photo Ready primer but I cant confirm. Anyways, it seriously makes my face soo smooth and helps the wear of my makeup. This is a silicone based primer and is perfect because it makes my face matte and blurs out my pores. I wouldnt really recommend this product to people with drier skin because it tends to dry it a bit more.
ALSO A TIP: Shake the tube before application, it makes it smoother and easier to blend- therefore a better finish.

I would repurchase (:

Was so skeptical at first given the fact I had never heard of W7 before but I had to try it. Firstly, the price is phenomenal. I picked it up for under $5 at Chemist Warehouse. The product is in a tube and the packaging is pretty ordinary but sanitary. The product is gel like and has a silicon texture. It's crucial you shake the tube first though so the product loosens up. It goes on the skin super smooth and you only need a tiny amount.
It doesn't matter what foundation I use, this makes it look flawless and long wearing!

The price and quality is amazing. Definitely recommend to those who don't want to take their chances on expensive, high end primers.

I was using the Mac pre+prime primer but my foundation was creasing and was so easy to wipe off my face, so I thought I'd try another product and see if there was a difference.
This product was cheap and had relatively good reviews, so for the price I couldn't resist.

When I first got this product I squeezed some out the tube and thought it was like wallpaper paste - gross. However, after shaking the tube a bit and then putting it on my face, I was impressed with the feel of my face afterwards. It is really easily absorbed so you have to use your hands as it just soaks into any brush you try and apply it with.

My foundation goes on so much smoother and it didn't crease so easily (I tried two different foundation with this product and the matt finish looked amazing, the satin/dewy finish creased a bit more easily).

The packaging of this product looks just like the Smashbox Photo-ready primer.

I love this product and it is definitely worth the money. I would be tempted to try the green and purple variants in the future, but this clear one is going to be perfect for my wedding day. Another perk about this product is that it doesn't contain SPF so it won't cause flashback in flash photography.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have repurchased this product a couple of times.
It has a silicone texture and makes foundation glide on smoothly. Minimizes the appearance of pores.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this primer. I haven't used a lot of different primers before, but I don't even need to try any more after this one. It does exactly what it should. Firstly, it is very affordable - I paid about $14 AUD for it from ebay and one tube lasted months. I use about a pea size amount for my whole face. It feels lovely and soft when applying it, and very silky afterwards. My foundation blends over the top of it perfectly and it gives a flawless finish with no streaks in my foundation. I have combination/oily skin (also slightly acne-prone) and this primer seems to stop my face from becoming oily during the day, and it hasn't broken me out.

The thing I love most about this primer is that it makes my foundation last all day and into the night without having to do any touch-ups. I use a 24 hour foundation but I have used a different, more expensive primer (Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer) under the same foundation and it doesn't make my makeup last nearly as long as this W7 primer does. I'd definitely recommend this to everyone and will be repurchasing it every time I run out.

Popular Primer/ Correctors