April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Gels/Soaps - Neutrogena - Body Clear Body wash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This did nothing for me. I don't have terrible body acne, but I get maybe one or two spots on my chest/back/shoulders once a month or so. I bought this in the hopes that it would help clear those spots more quickly. But I actually think this made existing pimples worse and also caused me to get new ones. In the few months that I used this, I had way more spots on my body than I ever have, and this is the only new product I had been using. Once I stopped using this, the spots cleared up right away.
I then tried using this on my upper arms because I had seen reviews saying this product helped clear up KP on some people (those little bumps a lot of people get on their upper arms & thighs). But this did nothing to combat that issue for me either.
I can't even give this points for good scent or nice packaging, because I hated both. The scent was really strong and medicinal and overpowered any other product I used in the shower. And the flip-top lid was really difficult to get open, especially with wet hands.
I'm glad this works well for some people, but it did absolutely nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Niki726

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on my face and body while I'm in the shower. It works great and clears up the breakouts fast. I never wore tanktops in public because of the acne I had on my shoulders and upper back but this product cleared it all up completely without leaving acne marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by hlillico

I have gone through about 5 bottles of this stuff over the years. It works really well on a loufah. I used to use the scrub version with beads which I really enjoyed, but I couldn't find it anywhere so I switched to this one. I have had very few breakouts on my chest and back since I started using these products. The price is good, about $11, and I usually wait for it to go on sale and stock up.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Rosilla

Im surprised I didn't like this product. I used to use the pink grapefruit and i loved it, it actually cleared up all of my acne on my chest, shoulders, and back. I ran out of it so I wanted to try something new, but this one honestly didn't do much. It made the pimples go away much quicker but they're still coming back, and i could still feel the comedones. Ive been using it for month, since it takes a while for the pink grapefruit to start working as well. Ill just go back to the pink grapefruit with no complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by princessreena

I really like this product. I have pretty mild acne on my face, but my body is a completely different story. My back gets huge, red, extremely deep and painful pimples, and my chest has small pink zits with clogged pores as well. I have tried so many products, but nothing ever cleared my acne. My friend recommended Body Clear, and at first I was skeptical because I have tried the face version and it did nothing for me, but I was so desperate! I got a bottle of the CVS version for around $5, and I am so glad I did! It is an orange liquid that I like to lather to make it foamy, then I just my hands to rub it in for a minute on my chest, back, and neck. My acne isn't completely gone, but it has cleared up about 65-70%! I am still in the early stages of using it, so hopefully it keeps working. It is a good price, and the smell is just alright, but I wasn't really concerned about the smell when I bought it. I am so glad I bought this and I finally am feeling hopeful about my acne going away. This product has given me such a confidence boost!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Meaganbar

I am currently at the end of my bottle. The first few weeks I saw no results whatsoever. It definitely didn't make my body acne worse, but it did nothing to clear it. Today I picked up oxy 10 bp. Fingers crossed this works.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Tll3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this got rid of my bacne so i would highly recommend. however, this can be expensive and lasts for a short time depending on how much you use each time. it costs about $9 a bottle at cvs so i would only purchase when it goes on sale. i have using the cvs brand of this product and it works just fine so if you don't care about brand names then you should get the cvs brand.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I was orignally using the neutrogena acne wash on my chest & back, because it did nothing for my face.. and I noticed I wasn't breaking out on my back as much, but my chest was still the same. I ran out of that and decide to buy the body wash. Same thing - it helps my back but not my chest (my face doesn't really respond to salicylic acid so I was surprised my back did). Either way, I would continue to buy as long as my skin still responds well. Also, I use a seperate body wash for the rest of my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although I have quite dry skin almost overall, I suffer from bacne (there are many reasons of course, such as malnutrition, smoking, stress, etc.) Whatever product I've used (including the pricey pruduct of Dr. Murad for the same aim!) hasn't work until I discovered this one. I still have some acne on my back (especially before my periods) but I haven't found anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I am on my 3rd bottle! I've been using it for months!

Price- About $7. Pretty decent.

Packaging- No complaints

Intended Purpose- To rid acne on the back and shoulder

Results- Definitely has decreased my acne. I still have some little bumps, but no more painful pimples.

Smell- A little strong, but I don't mind.

Formula- Lathers up nicely onto a scrubby.

Comparison- I used the grapefruit one and it made my sensitive skin so itchy and irritated.

Conclusion- I really like this product. I will definitely be repurchasing.