Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Bronzer

Mica (Ci 77019), Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Sorbitan Oleate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica. May Contain ( /-): Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 7/16/2015 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have a stack of bronzers, and have tried many others.

I have #3 which is about my skin color needs

Like all LM products, it is not powdery and butter smooth and applies like a dream so easy fast fool proof

I do not reach for this one. I think it give me too much of a glow for day time. I have been reaching for an old matt sheer Paula Dorf bronzer now that I am a tad darker, that too is silky sheer powder that applies like a dream fool proof and Matt

I think I prefer a Matt Bronzer, as I use the Hourglass DIM also as a bronzer which give me enough radiance, and also have a radiance primer

So too much radiance is not good

Perhaps if you have a very matt face of make up this will boost your glow

If you are already glowing, find a matt bronzer

on 6/19/2015 8:22:00 AM

I don't have many higher end bronzers aside from this and Nars Laguna. I don't consider Too Faced Chocolate Soleil to be in this same higher end range although it isn't that much cheaper either. None the less out of all the bronzers I own this one (Number 2) is one of the most beautiful silky bronzers. It is not one I could use to contour but it warms up my skin beautifully. It isn't completely matte as the name states but it's not glittery. It gives a beautiful sheen that makes it looks a lot more natural. It reminds me of my MAC mineralized skin finish but even more silky. As another reviewer said it does kick up a lot of powder but it isn't powder. I do like my products to look nice though so it is annoying having to wipe it down every time I use it but I still won't take off a lippie because like I said before this is the best bronzer I own so far. The lippie off for the packaging is because it is a bit bulky and because the top isn't completely flat like Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks it doesn't fit as well in my storage. That's the only two things I have bad to say about this product and really that's just me being really picky. The product itself is really all that matters and I highly recommend! I really want to try the highlighter from this line next.

on 3/10/2015 8:06:00 AM

I have to agree with the previous writer in that this is what i wanted nars laguna to be. Its just so amazing how its so smooth it doesnt look like i have powder because it looks glowing on the cheeks. Im nc20 and laguna was too muddy on me more of a typical brown contour powder as opposed to a bronzer except that it has shimmer. This doesnt have glitter or shimmer. Its blended so finely that it has the tinniest shiny particles which u need a magnifying glass to see but give the powder its luminosity. Im number 2 bronze which is more yellow based but nice and naturally warm too it is my natural tan colour. As its a baked powder it can get powdery as your brush picks up the product but i assure you on the face there is no powdery chalkiness whatsoever. I have guerlain sun blondes and thats slightly more orange and also very finely milled but i like this better. If i have very matte foundation on i notmally hate more powdery products on top so im happy ive found this. BUT I wish the packaging was less bulky!!!

on 12/3/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product comes in four different shades. Three are bronzers, and one is a highlight. I will be reviewing the highlighting shade - Highlight 01.

I was looking at different highlighters at Sephora when an SA recommended that I check this one out. I hadn't heard of it before and thus hadn't had the opportunity to do much research. However, it looked absolutely beautiful in the container and I figured it would look just as stunning on. This is called "matte radiance" but it isn't truly matte. However, compared to other highlighters, this gives a sheen rather than sparkle or glitter. On Sephora's website it is described as "golden nude" but I personally thought it looked more champagne with a touch of pink rather than golden. I decided to go ahead and purchase it even though I hadn't had the chance to do any further research. At $36, it more than I was looking to spend on a highlighter, but at .26 oz it was larger than the others I had looked at and I figured it would last a long time.

Unfortunately, this didn't work out for me. I apply my highlighters to the tops of my cheek bones and on the bridge of my nose, sometimes my forehead. The result is usually a glowy or luminous look to my skin. However, this didn't provide that glowy look; instead my skin ended up looking oily and shiny. I have normal to slightly dry skin, so looking oily isn't a problem I'm used to. No matter how carefully I would apply this (I really tried to concentrate it onto small areas) it still made my face look greasy. I was disappointed. Thinking that this simply wasn't a good match for skin tone (I'm around NW15) I asked my mom to give it a try. I'm not sure what her skin tone is but she self-tans and is quite a bit darker than me. While it looked better on her, we both agreed that it made her look greasy as well.

Although this product did not work for me, I do think that it is a quality product. It was smooth and buttery, and lasted a very long time on the skin. Perhaps it will pull differently on other skin tones and types, but for me the sheen in this was just too intense.

The compact that it came in was nice and sturdy, although a little large. The powder is actually raised above the rest of the compact in a mound shape, rather than sitting down inside a pan. This will probably make it easier to get the last bit out once you begin to hit pan, but I did experience a lot of fallout onto the rest of the container whenever I would swipe my brush over it.

I can't speak for the bronzer shades since I have not tried them, but I'm sad to say that I had to return the highlighting shade. I recommend trying it on in store if you can before purchasing, and checking how it looks in different lights.

on 9/24/2013 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is what I wanted NARS Laguna to be. These bronzers are an addition to the LM line which seems to be going through a revamping of sorts.

The adjective matte is a misnomer because these bronzers are not matte but have a subtle sheen to them. There is no obvious shimmer which is a nice change from all the shimmery bronzers out there. (who actually tans with a shimmer anyways?!)

LM is known for her superlative textures and this is no exception. The texture is heavenly and silky to the touch. If you're looking for a pigmented bronzer, this will disappoint as it's on the sheer side and this is what I was looking for to apply on my cheeks and temples for that all over glow. You can layer it for more colour and it would be hard to overdo.

It comes in 4 shades (01 to 04) and a highlighter. I'm a NC30/35 and the no. 2 shade is perfect for me. I could use no. 3 but it's a bit on the red side.
No. 1 is best for fair skin tones and No. 4 is suitable for medium to dark skin tones.
The shades are believable without being muddy or yellow. (NARS Laguna is muddy and flat looking on me)

I've been experimenting with the various bronzers I've collected this past year. I like using Bobbi Brown's Deep (yes, I know that's dark and I use a very light hand with this for contouring) as a contour and then apply the LM No. 2 matte radiance baked bronzer on the cheeks and temples for that sunkissed look. The result is a nice healthy glow that doesn't look obvious in any way.

I love applying this bronzer with my Ecotools bronzing brush because it applies so smoothly and effortlessly. There is no streaking that you can find with the more chalky formulas. There is no fragrance and the bronzer lasts all day.

Price point is comparable to NARS: LM retails for $42CAD ($36USD) for 7.50g(0.26 oz) compared to NARS at 8.0g. (it retails for $42CAD as well)

If you're wanting a sheer bronzer or new to using bronzers, this is one to check out.