September 2, 2014 | 1131 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Orly Won't Chip- Polish Shield

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by PinkDahlia119

I returned it. It went on streaky and not at all glossy. What a terrible product. I am a huge Orly fan & love all their other products, Not sure why this is even there.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by anncraig23

I have mixed feelings about this product. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it won't chip for about 5 days, then other times it will chip on the first day. It got thick a lot quicker than normal polishes. I feel like the length of your nails plays a big part in the effectiveness and longevity; it works better on shorter nails. On a high note, it does dry really quickly to a high gloss shine, which I LOVE. I would not recommend to others, and I do not plan to repurchase. I feel like there are many other top coats that work a lot better for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The only thing this polish shield does is make my nail polish dry faster. It has no effect on chipping. My nail polish chips just the same whether I use this top coat or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Diane845

How in the WORLD can Orly claim your nail Polish will not chip! It did nothing! May as well have not even put a protectant coat on. The worst product ever! This actually angers me as I'm tired of companies and the lies! Do not buy! It is clear nail polish at best. Started chipping immediately! Total Crap! Don't waste your money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in the skinny sort of "trial size" bottle a while ago at ulta and I've been really happy with it so far. I usually try to apply my top coat the day after I initially apply the polish (with any top coat not just this one) and it has worked out nicely. I find that it dries quickly, as some have said it smooths out chunky glitters, actually it smooths out most minor blemishes. it seems to make even cheap polishes last around 5-6 days with very little to no chips. I did find that first time I used it, I used it with orlys tough cookie as a base, and that was a failure. I did tough cookie, then a couple coats of a wet n wild fast dry polish, then this and it chipped practically the second it dried. I think this top coat just doesn't mix well with any kind of nail hardeners so I would advise against using them together. Other than that though every other combination I've tried with any polish and orly nail defense or nailtrition as the base has worked out well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I didnt like this top coat at first. I use an orly base coat then bonder then I do my nail art or just polish my nails. I then do another coat of bonder then use this as a top coat and my nails last on average about 7-8 days. I know that seems like a lot but thats what work for me since I only like doing my nails once a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Lisetla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried out this polish because when I paint my nails they always chip! Paid about 8 bucks for it so I figured it would be good. Only lasted one day the next day my nails were chipping. Wouldn't buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

applied well and my nails looked great for five days. chipped in a big chunk on my thumb polish at night on day 5. will try seche vite next.

*UPDATE* used this for about 3 weeks. manicure lasted 4 days on average. not too much shine, my nails looked a bit like gelish nails. but, after 4 days, the nail chipped in large chunks, sometimes taking a layer of my natural nail with it. so made my nail weak.

too bad, because it also did "fix" smudges on my nails, when i bumped the wet nail prior to applying.

i am using Seche Vite now, but haven't gotten around the Seche Vite shrinkage issue yet. Orly Wont Chip had no shrinkage if i used the top coat when my nails were dry (i dried each layer of polish for about 5minutes).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Trillstayovoxo13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chunky. Shrinkage. 0 stars

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never really found my HG topcoat. I have tried drugstore and salon brands (specifically Revlon, Essie and OPI) and was neither disappointed or impressed. I was using my Essie 'Good to Go' top coat and liked the shine, but it wasn't giving my nails good chip-resistance. I had to get some acetone from Sally's and saw this and decided to buy it on a whim without ever trying any other Orly products. The directions on the bottle just say to apply and don't give specifics of wet or dry. With my other topcoats I always wait a minute or two and then go in with the topcoat, so it's not super wet but not dry. I decided to do an accent nail and after I went over the accent nail it made the color transfer to my other nail! I've never had that happen before. So I decided to start over and wait until the polish dried. After I did that, I had the experience of many others with the polish coming off in sheets. So, for my next attempt I went back to applying it over slightly wet nail polish and just did one color so I had no transfer and a few hours later I had chipped my polish...This one is going in the garbage!