November 26, 2014 | 1837 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Honeymania Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased this 2 days ago and I really like it so far. It really does smell like honey! A lot of people have been saying this smells more floral and not so much like honey but to me this smells mostly like honey with a tiny bit of floral mixed in. Either way- it smells great. HOWEVER, it is overpowering and I'm more of a Shea and Almond kind of person ( plus I wear Thierry Muglers Angel everyday and Honeymania kind of clashes with it...).
The consistency is nice, its definitely buttery. It doesn't take long to sink in which is very nice. I have a small travel size one and a full size and I love to take the travel size with me in my purse and use it on my hands which is great for when I'm out and about!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by amylmiller

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the scent but never wear it to the cider mill in the fall. I immediately got attacked by a bee and I never get stung by bees. The bee went down the back of my shirt and I ended up ripping off my shirt in front of a bunch of people while screaming like an idiot.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Totally love these body butters.
I didn't know what to think at first, because this particular formula is very rich but I have found it usually applies best right after I shower when my skin needs the most moisture. It adds much needed moisture to my dry skin and it softens my rough cuticles. I even used it on a small burn on my hand (Why can't I ever track down a tube of Neosporin? Does anyone else misplace their first aid stuff??) and this lovely cream helped with the pain from my burn. Usually, you can get these on a special offer for $12, but I got mine for $5 at a sale. On to the scent: I am very pleased with the smell! To me it's a perfect balance of honey and light floral. Like you're standing in a honeysuckle field. So, even if the scent isn't your thing: these body butters are SO addicting, and wonderful. Did I also mention I have SUPER sensitive skin and this does not upset it? Such an all-around love of mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by lavenderpolkadots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to see a honey scented body butter, but like others have mentioned it had a very heavy floral scent to it. I'm about halfway through the tub and the smell is completely gone. I have no idea what happened. It's sad because when it did smell, the scent would linger on my skin throughout the day. I will use it up because I enjoy the formula and it makes my skin really smooth and soft. I will not repurchase this scent and will probably only get another body butter if The Body Shop has another mega sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by cakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess this one is really love it or hate it. And to me, it was totally love in the first *sniff* lol :] I couldnt stop to sniff my hands whenever I put this on. It smells truly honey to me with a hint of floral, a little bit sweet but not heavy like some fruity perfume. As of the texture, it is a very thick cream which I actually like a lot. I had tried the mango body butter last year, which was pretty sticky and i totally hated it. But this one just absore right away when you put it on, leave no stickiness.

As of the price, reg price is a bit deep at $20 for 200g. But TBS always have sale at 50% off. So it really wasnt that bad as long as you get it when it is on sale. I have already repurchase few more to give it to my friends and families :]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by annalisameyer

I'll preface my review by saying I'm not a floral lover, but this is my very least favorite Body Shop fragrance so far. I purchased it online thinking it would smell light and sweet like honey, but it is super floral and heavy on the white flowers and, IMHO, *extremely* unpleasant. I can't smell honey in it at all. I LOVE TBS and adore their body butters, but this one was a massive disappointment. Hope one of my friends will be able to use it. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by oxymora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This butter is very floral, and quite strong smelling, yet pleasant. It's quite a unique scent. I do wish it smelled more of honey though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This along with neroli jasmine are my favorite scents from the body shop :) this one has a sweetness that I've never smelled in another lotion yet it seems familiar. Lately I've been obsessed with anything honey so I had to get this. The scent lingers nicely on the skin and doesn't seem to Clash love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The scent of this is remarkable. I'm not into floral scents at all, but this was an exception. All I could think about while smelling this was warm lemon tea with lots of fresh honey in it :). I had to pick up the EDT as well since this stuff just picks me right up. The body butter is pretty moisturizing.. not as much as shea but it makes your skin SUPER soft and silky. I would definitely recommend this. I think it's pretty pricy when it's not on sale ($20) but I picked it up for $10 during a sale. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this body butter! I love the smell of the honeymania line-- I would describe it as a sweet, soft, powdery floral. I think it's a scent that can be worn year round. This body butter is completely solid and I just rub my hand around on it to melt some so I can apply it. Because it is so thick, I don't use as much and I have a feeling that this one will last longer than other Body Shop body butters. It moisturizes well and the scent isn't too strong on the skin, so it shouldn't bother anyone at work. I will definitely be repurchasing and I might even check out the perfume!