The Body Shop Honeymania Body Scrub

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/15/2015 12:04:00 PM

As body scrubs go, this is pretty standard stuff and nothing much to write home about. It does a good job of exfoliating and does leave my skin feeling very soft, but I got through the 200ml tub stupidly fast, meaning this worked out to be an expensive product (it cost me 13.00).

The other downside for me is the scent. I think TBS are misleading people by calling this range 'Honeymania' as it doesn't smell in the slightest of honey. In my opinion they should have called in 'Floralmania' because that's much closer to the scent; it's VERY floral and smells a lot like a mix of roses and (possibly) camomile (although the packaging claims it has honey made from the nectar of thousands of wildflowers, so maybe my nose is just faulty!).

It was ok, but on the strength of other scrubs I've tried - both TBS and other brands - I won't be repurchasing this again. Not even if it features in one of TBS's MANY sales!!

on 4/14/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I blasted this scrub on TheBodyShop.ca and then the next day I figured out how to make this stuff work.

In the shower this is an awful scrub. All of the granules dissolve and you're rubbing yourself with a nicely scented body butter. I was reading the package and it said to use on damp skin, totally different from other Body Shop scrubs which say use on wet skin. So before I showered I wet a washcloth and dampened my legs and then applied the scrub. Voila! Here comes the actual scrubbing power! Then I get into the shower and rinse off the scrub and my skin is left so soft. So amazingly soft, like dolphin skin.

And you don't need a lot to get the job done. Normally I mow through scrubs but this one is taking longer.

I really like the smell which is unusual because I don't usually like floral scents but this one is light and pretty, not dowdy or anything like that. It's a sweet floral that just smells like wildflowers.

Honestly, I do like this scrub a lot. Makes my skin feel really soft and smells really nice. I do wish the granules were coarser and didn't dissolve as easily but overall it's nice and not totally unusable as I had previously thought.

Useless. As soon as it gets wet, it dissolves. Unless you scrub yourself with it while you're still dry, it is completely pointless as a scrub. And even then, it's not great because it doesn't spread well. I got a small jar of it inside a gift set and I would never buy a full size. It looks like a creamy scrub and feels somewhat similar to a gritty body butter when you scoop it out, but it doesn't last long. The only redeeming quality about this scrub is that it smells good. The scent is a honeyed floral that is not overwhelming, but is definitely strong. Anyway, if you like the scent, I suggest the body wash. This scrub is pathetic.

on 9/22/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this because I was excited for the new range and it is a cream scrub. I have eczema so normal scrubs will be too harsh. I loved the scent, it is light and flowery. The granules are small and when I rub it into my skin, it does not feel rough.

It does not make my skin smooth like normal Body Shop scrubs like the chocomania scrub. I am pretty sure that one uses sugar grains but it is rather rough for my skin. That one does irritate the most sensitive areas of my skin though. I do have to agree with other reviews that the effect is meh. I am disappointed because I love the scent so much. I suppose this could be more like a wash with small beads in it to massage skin gently.

on 1/31/2014 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this doesn't work as a scrub. There are no scrubbing particles to be found, really. It's more like a firm cream in a jar. Of course it's great for showering and it leaves the skin soft & silky afterwards, like all Body Shop scrubs do, but it's still not a scrub. Love the smell, though, and I mainly use TBS scrubs when I'm too lazy to use lotion or oil after showering. It certainly pampers the skin. But still: If you're looking for a scrub, pick another by TBS. They're all great. This isn't it.

on 12/6/2013 8:29:00 PM

I love the smell and the cream it comes in but the concentration of particles are way too low for any scrubbing action. But since i love the smell so much it was ok at 50% off, which is what i recommend you spend if you are curious. For those seeking real exfoliation i cannot go past clinique body sparkle, a staple since 2005 when it first came out and i have not found anything better.

on 10/17/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love the smell but like others have said, I do not consider this a scrub. It feels like a thick in shower body butter. The granules are so few that they can't do any exfoliating. It does leave my skin moisturized all day but I wish the scent lasted. I think I will see if they have a perfume in this scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

As someone who loves the scent of honey, I was really excited to try this line from The Body Shop. I have really itchy, dry skin, so I like to use abrasive scrubs on my body, and several of the ones from The Body Shop have become favorites of mine, as they exfoliate well and moisturize. I do really enjoy the scent of this product. I would describe it as a soft, sweet, sightly powdery floral. Definitely not overpowering and I think I would use it year round. The product is very thick and essentially solid. It melts on the skin as it is rubbed in. It is extremely moisturizing, but the scrubbing particles are almost non-existent. It makes a great kind of in-shower moisturizer, but fails as a scrub. For that reason, I would not buy it again, but I will enjoy using it up for now and appreciate it for what it can do. It leaves my skin very soft. If you are looking for an abrasive scrub, I would not recommend this product!

on 10/2/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this product yesterday and used it this morning. It doesn't do much, if anything at all. I didn't notice any difference whatsoever with my skin. It's overall underwhelming. The scent is the best part of it: very floral and a little too heavy to be like the regular honey that you can buy in the grocery store. The shop assistant told me that this is because the bees harvest a certain African flower more than any other when they make their honey. It's a very pleasant, natural scent and not overwhelming at all.

on 9/23/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Like all TBS scrub, this is a cream scrub. So very moisturising while it scrubs. Does it do much? I am not sure but it sure smells nice. A sweet floral smell.

Just a whiff. Not overpowering. As a scrub it is just meh. Though very moisturising, I must say.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products