December 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Honeymania Body Scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because I was excited for the new range and it is a cream scrub. I have eczema so normal scrubs will be too harsh. I loved the scent, it is light and flowery. The granules are small and when I rub it into my skin, it does not feel rough.

It does not make my skin smooth like normal Body Shop scrubs like the chocomania scrub. I am pretty sure that one uses sugar grains but it is rather rough for my skin. That one does irritate the most sensitive areas of my skin though. I do have to agree with other reviews that the effect is meh. I am disappointed because I love the scent so much. I suppose this could be more like a wash with small beads in it to massage skin gently.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this doesn't work as a scrub. There are no scrubbing particles to be found, really. It's more like a firm cream in a jar. Of course it's great for showering and it leaves the skin soft & silky afterwards, like all Body Shop scrubs do, but it's still not a scrub. Love the smell, though, and I mainly use TBS scrubs when I'm too lazy to use lotion or oil after showering. It certainly pampers the skin. But still: If you're looking for a scrub, pick another by TBS. They're all great. This isn't it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

I love the smell and the cream it comes in but the concentration of particles are way too low for any scrubbing action. But since i love the smell so much it was ok at 50% off, which is what i recommend you spend if you are curious. For those seeking real exfoliation i cannot go past clinique body sparkle, a staple since 2005 when it first came out and i have not found anything better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell but like others have said, I do not consider this a scrub. It feels like a thick in shower body butter. The granules are so few that they can't do any exfoliating. It does leave my skin moisturized all day but I wish the scent lasted. I think I will see if they have a perfume in this scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As someone who loves the scent of honey, I was really excited to try this line from The Body Shop. I have really itchy, dry skin, so I like to use abrasive scrubs on my body, and several of the ones from The Body Shop have become favorites of mine, as they exfoliate well and moisturize. I do really enjoy the scent of this product. I would describe it as a soft, sweet, sightly powdery floral. Definitely not overpowering and I think I would use it year round. The product is very thick and essentially solid. It melts on the skin as it is rubbed in. It is extremely moisturizing, but the scrubbing particles are almost non-existent. It makes a great kind of in-shower moisturizer, but fails as a scrub. For that reason, I would not buy it again, but I will enjoy using it up for now and appreciate it for what it can do. It leaves my skin very soft. If you are looking for an abrasive scrub, I would not recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this product yesterday and used it this morning. It doesn't do much, if anything at all. I didn't notice any difference whatsoever with my skin. It's overall underwhelming. The scent is the best part of it: very floral and a little too heavy to be like the regular honey that you can buy in the grocery store. The shop assistant told me that this is because the bees harvest a certain African flower more than any other when they make their honey. It's a very pleasant, natural scent and not overwhelming at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

Like all TBS scrub, this is a cream scrub. So very moisturising while it scrubs. Does it do much? I am not sure but it sure smells nice. A sweet floral smell.

Just a whiff. Not overpowering. As a scrub it is just meh. Though very moisturising, I must say.