Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Catfight

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/31/2015 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love the mini F-Bomb lipstick I received and wanted to find a somewhat cooler shade of red and, in the chaos that is Sephora on a Saturday afternoon, I picked Catfight as the best option in the display they had and in the less than ideal lighting. In reality, I should have chosen 69 but I didn't even see it in the display. Catfight is lovely but not really the colour I was looking for. I don't find that it wears quite as well as F-Bomb (the latter lasts all day on me and even as it wears off, it does so evenly, leaving a nice, even "stain" behind). Catfight is a bit brighter and pinker than I really wanted. So next time I'm at Sephora, I'll be looking for 69 or perhaps buying a full size of F-Bomb as well (and let me just say, one again, that I find a lot of these names both childish and tasteless).

on 3/11/2015 10:44:00 AM

spotted it in sephora and just had to have it. when i swatched it on my wrists it seemed creamy and smooth with even pigmentation so i bought it. after i bought it i found out that the only downside is that it isn't as smooth and creamy as i had thought and that it was really dry and rather difficult to apply

on 12/9/2014 4:42:00 AM

I received a sample size of Catfight by trading in 100 of my points at Sephora. At first glance, Catfight looks like a bright red in the tube; however, on my lips, it applied as a reddened bright pink, which clashed a bit with my NC35 skintone. It's not the product's fault for not being the best color for me, but what drops it to two lippies for me is how incredibly drying this lipstick is. I usually power through drying lipsticks (I wear my share of MAC mattes), but Urban Decay touts that this formulation is "creamy, long-lasting, hydrating and nourishing" on their website, and it definitely isn't hydrating or nourishing. Had they omitted those two claims, my score would have been higher. I can't justify giving it more than two lippies because it is so drying on my lips and because it fails to deliver on the company's promises.

I usually will use my lip products all the way to the end, but this sample went in the trash.

on 11/28/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful warm pink color! Flattering on tan skintones. Absolutely love the color.

on 7/29/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the lipstick I have been searching for! So many bright colors are a little too cool for my coloring but this is the fucshia for warmer girls! The color is a bright red leaning fucshia pink. The formula is great, it's smooth and lasts forever. I don't find it to be drying but it's not hydrating either. Catfight is opaque with true to tube color in just one swipe and has a very nice creamy slightly shiny finish. I use a clear lip liner and have no problems with feathering or bleeding. The silver metal packaging is also beautiful. It feels heavy and solid in my hand and the lid feels really secure so I don't worry about it popping off in my purse. This lippy is a perfect 10 in my book!

on 6/28/2014 12:35:00 PM

This color is gorgeous and definitely flattering on many skin tones. Also, this lipstick lasts! However, it felt really drying and I did get the dreaded line of gunk on the inside of my lips. I love Urban Decay but, ultimately, this is not the lipstick for me.

on 2/19/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I might be upset that Urban Decay discontinued their old lipstick line and some of the colors, but I definitely love this Revolution line. This color is a full-pigmented red/pink that is completely flattering. The formula is super creamy and glides on very easily. Most creamy formulas tend to be a bit oily on me and will start to bleed by the end of the day. This lipstick did none of those things. I wore this lipstick with absolutely no lip liner or lip primer and it pretty much lasted the entire day. I reapplied once due to some fading on the inside of the lip, but this was also after eating lunch and drinking from a glass throughout the day. No bleeding at all, the line stayed nice and sharp. I love this stuff. It was my first color from the line and I am going to buy a few more.

on 1/4/2014 8:16:00 AM

I found this formula to be very dry. I had to drag it across my lips and once it was on my lips, they felt tight. I expect a lipstick at this price point to be more creamy and moisturizing. Redeeming points include good pigmentation and that it doesn't seem to smear easily.

I got Catfight as one of my perks from Sephora. This is my first time using the Revolution Lipsticks from UD. I'm personally a huge UD fan; I use their primer, shadows, and foundation on a regular basis. Now it looks like I'm a potential lipstick user! I absolutely love this lipstick. The lasting power is amazing. After a long work day and an equally longer night out it lasted with minimal touch-up. It even lasted after eating and drinking! The color looks more fuscia in the tube, but when applying it looks more red. Either way it's a beautiful color. I also want to say I recommend using this with a gloss or another color lipstick. It lasts all day, but dries into your lips. Now with saying it doesn't DRY OUT your lips, it's actually pretty moisturizing. But the color stains your lips to where it has that distinct line between the lipstick and the natural color of your lips (that is a pet peeve for me personally) so next time I wear this I will try to regularly apply a chapstick or clear gloss over it to blend it better and make it more glossy. But especially if you love matte and pigmented lipsticks, I highly recommend this!

on 11/18/2013 9:41:00 AM

OK 50+ girls. who want to try the dark colors but are afraid to try. This rocking Fushia will work with a few tricks.

I'm actually working with a sample I got for 100 points at Sephora. I will be buying the full size once I used this up. I did invest in in one of the lippencils (jilted) which matches the lippy and helps with the staying power.

Again and I can't stress this enough with the dark colors, You have to exfoliate and keep your lips hydrated with a good balm. It keeps the lip lines at bay. Also a clear lip liner or lip lock helps with the dark colors to avoid bleeding. I don't need to use foundation to matte out my natural lip color but that is an option. You can add this direct from the tube if your comfortable or use a lip brush. I also tapped the color in with my fingers and actually got a pretty day look that wasn't too dark.

This line is highly pigmented, creamy, hydrating and long lasting. You will have a stain on the lips even after eating, drinking etc. I got about 8 hours of noticeable color

I don't have any huge Cons on this other than if you aren't careful with the heavy color you will have a gloppy mess. If you are looking for color Go for it.

Popular Lipsticks