November 28, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Revolution Lipstick - Catfight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the lipstick I have been searching for! So many bright colors are a little too cool for my coloring but this is the fucshia for warmer girls! The color is a bright red leaning fucshia pink. The formula is great, it's smooth and lasts forever. I don't find it to be drying but it's not hydrating either. Catfight is opaque with true to tube color in just one swipe and has a very nice creamy slightly shiny finish. I use a clear lip liner and have no problems with feathering or bleeding. The silver metal packaging is also beautiful. It feels heavy and solid in my hand and the lid feels really secure so I don't worry about it popping off in my purse. This lippy is a perfect 10 in my book!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by genuinewhimsy

This color is gorgeous and definitely flattering on many skin tones. Also, this lipstick lasts! However, it felt really drying and I did get the dreaded line of gunk on the inside of my lips. I love Urban Decay but, ultimately, this is not the lipstick for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I might be upset that Urban Decay discontinued their old lipstick line and some of the colors, but I definitely love this Revolution line. This color is a full-pigmented red/pink that is completely flattering. The formula is super creamy and glides on very easily. Most creamy formulas tend to be a bit oily on me and will start to bleed by the end of the day. This lipstick did none of those things. I wore this lipstick with absolutely no lip liner or lip primer and it pretty much lasted the entire day. I reapplied once due to some fading on the inside of the lip, but this was also after eating lunch and drinking from a glass throughout the day. No bleeding at all, the line stayed nice and sharp. I love this stuff. It was my first color from the line and I am going to buy a few more.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Roseblush82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this formula to be very dry. I had to drag it across my lips and once it was on my lips, they felt tight. I expect a lipstick at this price point to be more creamy and moisturizing. Redeeming points include good pigmentation and that it doesn't seem to smear easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

I got Catfight as one of my perks from Sephora. This is my first time using the Revolution Lipsticks from UD. I'm personally a huge UD fan; I use their primer, shadows, and foundation on a regular basis. Now it looks like I'm a potential lipstick user! I absolutely love this lipstick. The lasting power is amazing. After a long work day and an equally longer night out it lasted with minimal touch-up. It even lasted after eating and drinking! The color looks more fuscia in the tube, but when applying it looks more red. Either way it's a beautiful color. I also want to say I recommend using this with a gloss or another color lipstick. It lasts all day, but dries into your lips. Now with saying it doesn't DRY OUT your lips, it's actually pretty moisturizing. But the color stains your lips to where it has that distinct line between the lipstick and the natural color of your lips (that is a pet peeve for me personally) so next time I wear this I will try to regularly apply a chapstick or clear gloss over it to blend it better and make it more glossy. But especially if you love matte and pigmented lipsticks, I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

OK 50+ girls. who want to try the dark colors but are afraid to try. This rocking Fushia will work with a few tricks.

I'm actually working with a sample I got for 100 points at Sephora. I will be buying the full size once I used this up. I did invest in in one of the lippencils (jilted) which matches the lippy and helps with the staying power.

Again and I can't stress this enough with the dark colors, You have to exfoliate and keep your lips hydrated with a good balm. It keeps the lip lines at bay. Also a clear lip liner or lip lock helps with the dark colors to avoid bleeding. I don't need to use foundation to matte out my natural lip color but that is an option. You can add this direct from the tube if your comfortable or use a lip brush. I also tapped the color in with my fingers and actually got a pretty day look that wasn't too dark.

This line is highly pigmented, creamy, hydrating and long lasting. You will have a stain on the lips even after eating, drinking etc. I got about 8 hours of noticeable color

I don't have any huge Cons on this other than if you aren't careful with the heavy color you will have a gloppy mess. If you are looking for color Go for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Rebeccajw

I bought this lipstick on a whim recently at Sephora. It's a bit brighter than I normally wear, but not shockingly so. This is a very thick and highly pigmented lipstick, and it generally lasts all day (even through meals). It's a bright, fuschia-red with a blue undertone. I'm fair, but it's not too bright for me. I think this would be great for a retro, 1950s-pinup kind of look.

FYI...I found a pretty close (and much cheaper) dupe of this at Dollar General....it's called Envy by LA Colors. Doesn't last quite as long and the tube is not as pretty, but it's 1/22nd of the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by misanders

So I have this in a sample size from Sephora. This lipstick has amazing pigmentation and staying power, I only have to reapply once in a day. The problem I have is that it is very drying and not that easy to apply, it kinda drags. I would say it's a matte formula. I'm wondering if this is specific to the sample size because when I tested these in the store they were all very creamy. I do have this lipstick in fiend and that is very creamy and feels great on the lips. I'd only buy if the full size is different than the sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, I'll drag this puppy up! It is surprisingly comfortable and creamy feeling for an essentially matte lipstick. I have deep rosy/mauve lips & NC35 skin. It shows up as almost fuchsia - or maybe a bright berry. Not pure pink at all or even a bright pink. But it brightens my face instantly without screaming goth or weird in any way.

Only took one lippie off because it doesn't have fantastic staying power in the center of my lips, but compared to more creamy/slippery lipsticks it certainly does. Add the radiant color and nice formula and a big thumbs up from the FOTD board, and I'm happy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a delux sample of this lipstick from Sephora in a shade called Catfight. It's a really bright but deep pink. Reading the package that it came slipped in, it states this new formula is addictive, offers bold color from the first swipe and glides without slipping.

I noticed that it only glides on if you intend to really slather it on from the bullet, but no one really does that. We tend to dab the color on and build layers from there. Having tried to apply it that way, I cant say this lipstick glides on with ease. What I WILL say is that what little I was able to put on I was able to spread it onto my lips really easily, so that was nice. And the color! WOW, didn't have to layer...it was an amazing lovely deep pink with one thin layer.

But then...it faded almost immediately leaving a ring of color on the inside of my mouth rather than the edges which did not look flattering. So upon the 2nd application, I applied more....then it pilled after a couple of hours. I'm not addicted to reapplying it, I can tell you that much. I dont have time. A swipe of chapstick did not stop it from pilling.

I think the only thing I like is that the packaging is a really shiny blue hued silver. It's rather cute. I love the color but I wish the formula really was a revolution but its not and looking at the price of this lipstick makes me feel lucky I got to try it for free.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No