April 17, 2014 | 942 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Superprimer Face Primer - Colour Corrects Redness

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It is nothing amazing, but it helps my foundation go and stay on. It doesn't really so much for redness, just a little. A little goes a long way. It is not shiny like some that I feel greasy, but cover pores well. It looks bright yellow but a dab spreads far. Sets powdery. I wouldn't say it has super shine or oil control, but it dampens those thing. I don't want to look too matte or too shiny. My spf moisturizers make me shiny and my makes my make up slide. So it helps with that. I wish it had some spf, so I did not feel I was tampering with my sunscreen. Nothing amazing but did minimize pores. Make up glide so and looks better and lasts longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

I got this as a free gift from Sephora. There was almost no difference than if I didn't use any primer. It did absolutely nothing to cover redness, and in fact it was harder to blend foundation over the dry spots with this primer. Don't bother, I bet you drug store brands are even better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tampants

So this is very first primer I've ever tried. Oddly enough, I really dislike Clinique stuff. When I was younger I tried using some of their acne products and found it was wayyyy too harsh for my skin. Now with my acne at bay and my only problems being minor redness and dark spots (from acne scars) I decided I could try Clinique again. Thankfully, so far it hasn't caused any breakouts for me. My skin seems to not mind this stuff!

As a primer, I do think my makeup wears longer when I use this beforehand. It smooths my skin out nicely and helps keep foundations from settling into to my pores. It does help with redness as well, but I think it only helps with very minor redness issues. My redness wasn't completely gone just from using it, but was very toned down.

One thing I don't like is that with a primer I was hoping for some oil control, and this really does not do much for that. My nose gets very shiny when using this, and I feel like it's almost worse with this primer.

Price wise it's not too bad, I got mine for $29 at the Bay and it's a decent size tube. You only need a teeny tiny amount too, so I think it'll last a really long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited when I saw these on Clinique's website. I have rosacea and have hoped for a yellow primer that could color correct, and Clinique is a brand that I have a good history with. I asked multiple counters in the local mall about this product for about a month before they finally got some stock. They didn't have any testers yet. But the SA unpacked one for me and I decided to go ahead and get it. Came in a nice tube applicator, easy to use and hygienic.

Unfortunately it doesn't live up to its promises. Did not counter the redness at all, not even a faint blurring effect, just nothing. I thought maybe there would be a difference once I put foundation over it. Nope. Not much of a primer, either. Made my foundation drag when applied over it. Felt icky and oily right out of the tube, and it gave me the fiercest breakout I've had in quite some time. Returned it. Would not repurchase and don't recommend it to anyone looking to counter redness.