April 16, 2014 | 1057 users online

Eyeliner - NARS - Eye Paint in Transvaal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great product! This is a lovely muted shade of grey which looks far softer on me than black. (I'm blonde with fair skin and light eyes.) Have only used the eye paint as a liner. Its consistency is that of a cream rather than a gel like Bobbi Brown for example.

I might also mention that the eye paint wears very well. It doesn't fade nor does it flake even when worn for 12-14 hours straight.

Yes it's expensive but Nars is a quality high end brand. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been on the search for a grey liner that's not blue, or black, or purple. This is it. Transvaal is a true grey that leans the tiniest bit blue on the lid. The product comes in the usual jar packaging, but the opening of this one allows easy access to the liner. The texture is incredibly soft and creamy, which makes it easy to pick up on the brush and apply. The look is more that of an opaque cream, but it remains true to color--it doesn't go lighter or darker on the skin. It dries quickly (although not as quickly as BB gel), so you do need to work quickly, but once it's set, it's on for the day. If you overapply, it can be lightened up a bit with a brush (I used my trusty MAC 219, which worked well). Although the staying power is great, it comes off easily with a two-phase eye makeup remover. We'll see if this will be a liner that dries out quickly, and I'd prefer a cream formula to a gel, but for now, this is a winner. I would repurchase.