April 20, 2014 | 1978 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

Eh. That's really the only thing I can think of when I think of this hand cream. I loved my Victoria's Secret hand cream but wanted something smaller and heavier for traveling since I hate super dry skin especially on my hands. I usually apply this before bed since it now sits on my bedside table but when I apply it, it takes a good 5 minutes for it to really sink in. And then I don't feel like I've even done anything. I like this around my cuticles but even then it's a pain to get it to sink in. I won't repurchase, off to find a new, inexpensive hand cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the rave reviews about this product but it has not worked for me. It does a good job of temporarily moisturizing the hands. For a longer lasting, therapeutic effect, try Badger balm or Savannah Bee Hand creams.

Also I do not like the scent of this cream or the packaging. It is difficult to squeeze the product out once the tube gets on the empty side. I like hand creams that come in a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by jamieisjewish

I use this on my face as a preventative measure because my skin gets dry and chapped in winter. My face has become so soft since I started using it. I never knew that my skin needed moisture so much. I use it twice daily. I am so sad that I did not know how much my skin needed this before recently. I had previously had a lot of clogged pores/blemishes/pimples. Over the years, they resulted in scars and large pores that maybe only I notice. But since I started using this, the clogging and pimples almost completely stopped happening or began to heal quickly, sometimes literally overnight. I had misplaced it for about 2 days in the 2 months that I have been using this and I started noticing the skin problems coming back. I have felt so much more confident about my skin with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by fallfromgrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because I noticed my hands were getting very dry from the start of winter and because it was sale. Regular price was 9.99 Canadian and I got it for something like 5.99. Thinking back, that is a great price for such a good product. I went back to the Rexall where I bought it to pick up more at the sale price but they were all gone. I would pay full price but it's been a while and this product has not been re-stocked.

In terms of the product, it comes in a small tube so it's easy to pop into a purse. The actual product looks a bit like vaseline but it's not oily or greasy. I use a dab for each hand, only applying to the back of my hands and knuckles where my skin is most dry. When you start rubbing it into your skin, the cream turns white. It takes a little bit of work but keep rubbing it and it eventually absorbs into the skin. There's no fragrance and leaves no sheen either. If you use a little and don't notice much of a difference, use a bit more. When I use it I notice a difference in the look and feel of my skin right away! Pretty amazing!

I'm not keen on the price so I gave it 3/5. I'm not very particular about the packaging so I gave that 5/5 but I suppose there could be a better packaging method to use so that you can use all the cream. I plan on cutting my tube open. Overall, I gave it a 4/5, 1 lippie deduction for the cost. This product really does work for dry hands so I would definitely give it a try, particularly in the winter months.

P.S. I've even tried using it on my lips. I think it's ok but honestly, I unconsciously lick my lips way too much that when I get cracked lips it takes a little while to heal. So, I can't say that this product works any better on my lips than a lip product specifically for dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Peanutbutterbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best hand cream I've ever used. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist as I get extremely severe dermatitis/eczema (cracked and bleeding palms and fingers). This soothes my hands instantly and when I use it regularly my hands are in good shape. So cheap too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Linamakeup

I love Neutrogena Norwegian Formula line, especially the Lip Moisturizer and Body Emulsion. The hand cream feels extremely moisturizing when putting it on, but unlike the Lip Moisturizer and Body Emulsion, the hand cream doesn't sink into the skin. My hands will feel very moisturized for as long as I have the cream on, but once the effect wears off or the cream washed off, my hands feel very dry. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

No matter what season it is, my hands are always dry and lacking moisture. I've tried a fair amount of drugstore and high-end hand creams (A'kin, Crabtree and Evelyn, L'occitane, Garnier and Nivea) that have only ever provided temporary moisture and relief for my dry hands. If I didn't apply any of the aforementioned for two days, my cuticles and hands would be back to its constant state of dryness. Conversely, the only hand cream that has ever provided long-term moisturise for my hands is this Neutrogena one.

Unlike other hand creams that I've tried, the effect of the Neutrogena cream lasts for days in the coldest season. I felt too lazy to apply for around 5 days during winter once - my hands and cuticles were still soft and well-moisturised! To me, a hand cream performs well if it truly maintains moisture and prevents cracking in your hands in winter. I am pleased to say the moisture in my hands is still retained even through hand washing. The concentrated formula means that the cream will last a relatively long period of time, even with daily use. I disagree with other reviewers who say the cream is greasy and takes too long to absorb - only a miniscule amount is meant to be used. Less is more and better in this case; the cream is supposed to last over 200 applications. Absorption time is quick and there is no greasy residue is left behind unless excess hand cream has been applied.
This is officially my favourite one and dare I say, holy grail hand cream. An absolutely wonderful gem from Neutrogena.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent barrier cream but I do not find it nourishing or really moisturizing for my parched hands. I don't like the feel on my hands when I apply this, while I find that it does sink in reasonably quick my hands do not feel pampered or even well cared for. In my experience, if a hand cream spells out Glycerin as the second ingredient on the list - which is the case here - it is the type of translucent ointment which looks similar to vaseline and immediately turns slippery and washes off when it comes in contact with water. To be quite clear, most hand creams contain Glycerin, and per se there is nothing wrong with that ingredient, but I much prefer if a hand cream formula has a lower percentage of Glycerin, in favor of more oils or vegetable butters. These "richer" hand creams are opaque and white in color and do not turn into a slippery mess when hands get wet. At less than half the price, Neutrogena would be a much cheaper alternative to my long time favorite, L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream. But I am sorry to say it is in no way a substitute for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by wq13

I have had eczema for as long as i can remember and it is especially annoying when it flares up on my hands. I keep this little hand cream in my backpack for school and I use it after I come in from the cold weather and also after I wash my hands. I have the unscented version and it's a thick, clear cream. Unlike some other reviewers, I don't find this cream sticky or hard to spread. It sinks in fast and leaves my hands feeling moisturized.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in my handbag right now. It's an HG, but it's the best hand cream I've found so far. It's not the most aesthetic of hand creams. The simple tube packaging is just that, simple, but I can understand why some people do not like the formula. It's like a cream-gel consistency, but applies like a thick white paste and can be difficult to spread. I have very dry hands because of work, and also suffer from eczema around my knuckles. When I get a flare-up, when I want a barrier cream or when I simply just want to moisturizer my dry hands at night, this is my go-to product. Sure its a bit thick and greasy, but most hand creams are. And after sitting in front of the TV for an hour, it's had sufficient time to sink in and I don't notice the stickiness anymore. The best part is when I go to wash my hands and I can still feel the cream there on my skin. It's great!