Marc Anthony Strictly Curls STRETCH

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING.

My hair is bra strap length, thick but with very fine strands (I just have a lot of fine hairs), with S shaped curls that tighten up or loosen up depending on what I put in my hair, how I dry it and how I style it. My hair is VERY malleable so that may be a factor in this product being so effective for me. If I just pull my hair into a ponytail the front of my hair straightens out from the pressure of the ponytail. My hair also straightens easily. The reason I don't like to style my hair with tighter curls is not because I don't like the look, but because very curly hair is unpredictable, random and difficult to control. I need to use a lot of product to control my hair and make the curls uniform. I prefer to wear my hair with very soft curls/waves or straight. It's a lot more manageable that way.

I use this product on my hair after I towel dry it, split my hair into 2 over each shoulder, and I use about a quarter sized amount on each side of my hair. Starting from the roots to the ends, I smooth the product into my hair and tug my hair down as I go along. Then I take my blow dryer and I blow dry my hair, pointing the nozzle downwards. I don't use a diffuser. When my hair is totally dry, I brush it and add shine/frizz serum onto my hair. I'm left with wavy, bouncy hair with very soft and big S shaped curls, with no frizz at all. The only parts of my hair that don't totally loosen up are the curls close to my scalp on the back and sides of my head, which are a little bit tighter than the rest of my hair. I don't mind this as I'm not expecting to have a sleek look after using this product, I just wanted to loosen up my curls and make them more manageable, and this product does exactly that.

A bonus is that it smells great... has a lovely creamy lemon scent, it doesn't make your hair greasy or sticky, it's cheap and easy to find. I bought mine at Rite Aid. Definite repurchase! I have not been this excited about a hair product in a very long time.

Hands down THE BEST product I have ever found for my curly hair...

My hair texture: fine but lots of it.
My curl texture: not tight ringlets, not loose waves...something in between that.
My issue: most products are either way too heavy or way too light.

I cannot say enough about this stuff. It works!!! I have been using this product for over a year now and I pretty much use it every time I wash and style my hair. I have yet to have a bad hair day with this curl cream. It's heavy enough that it holds my curl, yet it's light enough that it dries to a soft finish and I cannot feel any product in my hair. I get shine, volume and it DEFINITELY losens my curl to a really pretty beachy wave. It's awesome. At $10 CDN the 200 mL bottle lasts me about 3 months on an average usage of every 3 days. I won't use anything else in my hair anymore. Whether I leave it to air dry naturally, or I use a diffuser, I get consistent result. The best, best, best!

on 9/22/2013 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

When I saw an ad for this in an Ulta flyer, I knew I had to have it. "Stretch --- Loosens & Lengthens Tight Curls" YUP! That's for me! When I scanned the ingredient list in the store, I was a bit disappointed: Water, Cetrimonum Chloride, Proplyene Glycol, etc., etc. That sounds like a conditioner!? :-/ Anyhow, so I tried it and it actually seems to work. It has a yummy lemon scent, but it does have the feel of a regular rinse-out conditioner. Maybe that's really what it is....but my curls do seem wavier, bigger & looser. FYI- I apply a generous amount to my hair when it's wet (after shampooing and conditioning), comb it through, then let it air-dry, usually while it's in a bun/knot. I'll continue to use this product as long as I get these results.

Popular Styling Products