October 25, 2014 | 1552 users online

Lip Gloss - Kevyn Aucoin - Elegant Lip Gloss in Valentina

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Uranium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a lip gloss/balm that comes in a flip-top compact with a mirror. Valentina is a really pretty muted fuchsia color, and it's well-pigmented but buildable on the lips so you can make it as sheer or opaque as you'd like. The great thing about this gloss (it's really not what I would call a gloss, especially since it's not shiny -- it's more like a Bobbi Brown pot rouge) is that it stains the lips so even after you eat or drink while wearing this, the color will remain after the product has faded. It's got a nice texture, not sticky, but not especially moisturizing. I don't notice any odor or flavor.

I got this on sale from Hautelook and I think it normally retails at $27 -- personally, I'd say that was overpriced, although the packaging is nice and it does feel "elegant" like the name implies. I do like this better than the Bobbi Brown pot rouge I have (it's more comfortable on the lips and wears longer, plus the stain remains), and that retails for right around the same price, so there's that to consider. On the other hand, the pot rouge is also marketed as a cheek color, while the Kevyn Aucoin is not (although it would probably work well as one, if applied with a light touch).