September 1, 2014 | 1088 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MichelleBoyett87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love all the NYX round lipsticks I've bought in the past but this one...this one looked horrible once applied. In the tube it looks like it could be a natural nudey mauvey 90's kind of color but once I put it on, it turned into a gross grayish brownish purple color. I really wanted to love it but against my pale skin and naturally rose lips this looked awful. I returned it right away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Samanthabrost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this lipstick! I rarely wear lipstick because i don't like to look too flashy and I have been searching for an everyday lipstick for years! This is the one! It's a bit darker than my natural lip color so it gives me a natural look but is still noticeable. As for the consistency it goes on really smoothly but is not shiny nor matte. As far as staying power this will stay a few hours but will need reapplication. Not a problem though. No bad smell. All time favorite lipstick !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Really weird, kitchen cleaner kind of smell and taste, although both dissipate fairly quickly. Staying power isn't great. But good, neutral color by itself, although I like it over MAC Retro (which is too matte and has too inconsistent an application for me). Together they create a nice red/mauve for daytime wear. This is my first NYX lipstick and I'm fairly pleased.

Update: I really can't get past the smell and taste of this lipstick. I'm not particularly sensitive, but I feel like I have a strong kitchen cleaner on my face. The color also isn't growing on me. It's too purple for my taste. Won't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away..... oh wait wrong story. Seriously I was a HUGE fan of clinque's chubby stick in Pink Fringe which on me was a mauve pink that I've never been able to duplicate anywhere. However this comes pretty close. It's a little on the lighter side so darker tones may find this a bit chalky, I'm a Med/lite cool tone and this comes off a neutral mauve/pink almost not quite MLBB. This also is a pretty close dupe to Benefits Lady like (which they also discontinued blaaa) yes it does have a bit of that old lady lipstick smell but I wear lipstick I don't eat it and the color payoff for me is creamy and opaque. It's not a true matte so the wear time is about average for a drug store lippy. You're going to have to re apply after eatting, drinking and general wear after a few hours. Also this is one of those lippys and shades that if you have dry, chapped or flakey lips, exfoliate and balm or it's going to be a mess on your lips.

If you are looking for perfection go invest in a higher end lippy like Mac or ESL. But this is pretty darn sweet for a DS product and you don't break the bank and can buy several colors for the price of one of the higher ends. IF you can go to Ulta, CVS, Walmart or Target (if they carry the line) and look or try the colors there. The web site is off on shades and you won't necessarily get what you think you are getting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by snowwhite229

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the Nyx Rounds I have, Nyx in Thalia is the one I always wear. In addition, I just bought this shade by mistake. Nyx in thalia is my mlbb lipstick. This lipstick have a mauve tone in it, but not empowering. One thing I dislike is the scent and do not stay that long.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by fairbrownblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my-lips-but-maybe-one-shade-darker. My lips are not very pigmented and I consider this an almost nude on me. I am quite fair and wear lipstick because I want to emphasize the shape of my lips.

I am still getting used to it and right now the floral smell is hitting me like a bathroom deodorizer. (By the way, the floral is much stronger than in any other NYX lipsticks I own. It does go away after a while. But it's there!) I am one of those who is constantly repurchasing the same shade of lipstick (a plummy mauve color, think: Bobbi Brown raisin or Revlon balmstain sultry) so I am trying something new.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by AbbeysMommy357

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to color! Keeps my lips fairly hydrated and color seems to last!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mrspinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this after seeing it on Pinterest and liked it a lot. It was a nice compliment to my blonde hair, fair skin and neutral makeup. It was very creamy and had a nice shade reminiscent of Bobbi Browns "brown". I misplaced it and repurchased, but the new one seemed much more pinky mauve. After a bit, I found the original in a purse I hadn't used in a while and compared- Two totally different colors! The texture is great, colors inconsistent, and I'm not a fan of the little plastic thing at the bottom that shows the color- it always comes off. I'm kind of unsure about rating this, I do get a great color with the brighter shade if I layer a more beige/nude with it but it's a lot of work for something that should be great straight out of the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this from Walgreens last night for 3.99 (regular price). I really like it so far. It is kind of a nude/pinky/taupe color that is very versatile. This is a great color to wear to work or out on the town with a smokey eye. Very creamy texture and seems last a few hours for me. Can't beat the price either!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Probably the best nyx lipstick on me. Very creamy and such a multi dimensional color. I always get compliments

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No