January 29, 2015 | 2004 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2015 11:20:00 AM More reviews by geekymakeup

The price is out of this world for a lipstick. Only $5 at Target. I will say there is a huge selection of colors to choose from, so you can find something that works for your color complexion. The NYX website is great and has even more color selections than your local Target. But this is not a long lasting lipstick. It goes glide on very easily, but it also glides off as quickly as you put it on.

The Thalia color on my yellow undertones comes off as a weird purple and pink. The pigmentation is light compared to the color of the tube. You will need to apply multiple coats of this lipstick to get a true deep color. This is my quick, just need to run into the store without nude lips lipstick.

The plus is the cost, but if you most super hydrating, long lasting, buy a more expensive lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 1:41:00 AM More reviews by TheSkyAway

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I actually impulse bought this based on the name. Oh, don't look at me like that, you've done it too. You know you have.

I love me some dark lip color so this nude pink was sort of a gamble. Turns out it is the best of the several lipsticks I bought today! It is a nude, pinkish mauve that a lot of people would describe as a "My Lips Only Better" type of color, but it is substantially different (in a good way, I prefer not to wear lipstick that matches my natural color - why?!) than my own lip shade so I don't feel like I can put it in that category. It goes on really creamy and slightly lighter than you'd expect, but it sort of settles and looks much more like it is in the tube. Semi-matte/satin finish (which I love), and definitely not sticky (which I hate). It also does not feel heavy or thick on the lips, which is always good in a lipstick.

I am used to long-wear lipsticks (like Covergirl Outlast), and this is definitely not one of those (it will come off on your martini glass, coffee cup, boyfriend, girlfriend, or hair), but that's not a minus because it's not that kind of lipstick.

The price is great ($6 or so) and it doesn't have a nasty flavor or fragrance like a lot of drugstore makeup. Wears nicely, doesn't dry out my lips. I think this will make a good "gotta go out and be a grownup" lipstick or for days when I want to do smoky eyes with light lips I've never been able to, because I always thought nudes looked rubbish on me! I guess I was buying the wrong nudes, yeah?

For an impulse buy (NYX lip color products were buy one get one - how could I say no?) it turned out fantastic. I'd definitely get it again, and I am looking to try out some more lipsticks from the NYX basic lipstick line, now that I know they feel good and wear well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

This is so creamy that even with a lip liner it slides everywhere, it also has this old lady scent to it. Swatched, it looks beautiful but on my lips it turns into this greyish pink which isnt flatering

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by slstern13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this color and creamy formula SO SO SO SO SO SO much. BUT holy moly, it is probably the shortest-lasting lipstick I have ever owned. It lasts like 15 minutes.

I want to love this so bad because the color is gorgeous. It looks and feels so creamy and opaque. For the two seconds it is on my lips it is gorgeous.

But the color and formula are useless if it only lasts a few minutes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by bubbadog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the strangest color on me, a grey lilac. Very odd and unflattering.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of MAC Syrup and I tried this, seeing as the color is pretty similar. And what can I say, I do love the color (it goes on opaque, yay!) and the smell is inoffensive. However, this lipstick is so soft and creamy that it fades super fast and I actually feel like the lipstick is melting in the tube. For that reason, I will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by dinorawrer

It's a lovely colour, but it tastes like soap! I thought it was just me. I even messaged NYX and they said that they have never heard of this complaint. But from reading the other reviews on this page, it's great to hear that I'm not the only one that thought this!

Will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

This is my favorite lipstick right now. I saw a swatch of MAC RiRi Bad Girl on Pinterest and have been after the color ever since. So why not just buy the MAC one, you ask? Well, I don't even know if I would be able to get my hands on it (not paying an arm and a leg on Ebay) and other swatches that I have seen of it do not look the same. So to save me a trip to the mall and my wallet a crying spell (since I can never just buy the ONE thing I set out to buy), I looked for a dupe. This is very close IMO. It's a neutral, mauvey color that seems to be so popular right now. In my research, another close match would be NYX's Euro Trash but my store didn't have that one when I went and I'm impatient. I can't possibly wait for them to restock. So I bought this one. Gorgeous. In love and rocking it every day since.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by KMCJM

Wow this is a really lovely lipstick. I don't often wear lipstick as I just haven't come across any that I love.
I picked this up at target on special for just over $6 AU recently, and I'm glad I did.
The colour looks very natural on me, just slightly darker than my lip colour, and it's so smooth and creamy. Was very moisturising on my dry winter lips. It also made my lips look so full! Staying power was good on me too. Still left a tint on lips as it started to wear off. Haven't noticed any unpleasant smell that others have mentioned either.
Absolutely loving this, will definitely buy again. So cheap too!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by MichelleBoyett87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love all the NYX round lipsticks I've bought in the past but this one...this one looked horrible once applied. In the tube it looks like it could be a natural nudey mauvey 90's kind of color but once I put it on, it turned into a gross grayish brownish purple color. I really wanted to love it but against my pale skin and naturally rose lips this looked awful. I returned it right away.