August 30, 2014 | 1707 users online

Eye Primer - Rimmel - Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will agree with the negative reviews. There is nothing good to say about this primer. Goes on shiny and makes my eye shadow crease faster. You're better off wearing no primer than this one. In the garbage it goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by all the horrible reviews. No, this isn't the best or longest lasting primer I've used under eyeshadow but it isn't bad. I won a tube from Allure and, of course, tried it out. I use it over moisturizer and sunscreen and it still works. It, for me, works the best under Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows. I have Tough as Taupe and on me it creases. I seem to be the only one but it does. With this primer, it doesn't. I put it on over all the above mentioned products and also on my eyebrows (more accurately, where I want eyebrows) and it helps keep the pencil in place. For the price I have absolutely no complaints and I will definitely purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Should have listened to the reviews on this one. Put it on this morning, its not even lunch and not only is my eye shadow gone but it looks like it has also removed my foundation AND concealer because i can see my dark shadows on my lids. HOW it managed to do that i cant tell ya but its probably going in the garbage and I am not one to throw stuff away. I usually find a use for it but i cant even use it as a hilighter or shimmer because it takes off my other makeup. On to the next, which is ELF...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lipstickwhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Words cannot describe how bad this primer is I have tried pretty much every drugstore eye primer and this by far the worst! First of all there is barely any product in the tube I had to keep pumping the wand to get product on the applicator then I put it on my eyelids and it's this white,pearly greasy stuff that doesn't really dry.A few hours later I look in the mirror and it looks like I had cried and smeared all my eye makeup my eyelids were crease city most of my eye shadow was gone and what was there was a mess just a little greasy eye shadow left with those black lines you get when your makeup smears on your lids.Another thing that was weird is that it makes your eye shadow bumpy I can't explain it just little bumps maybe it balls up? I don't know what I do know is that this product sucks balls it went in the trash immediately seems it was pretty much emty after one use anyway.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There were cheaper eye primers than this but I thought I would go for this hoping it would help eye make up stay on longer and possibly even 'exaggerate' the colour as it claims. It does neither.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by starlette17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Whoa horrible!! I tried to give this a chance but my eye makeup literally slid off. As soon as you put this stuff on your eyes they feel greasy. What was Rimmel thinking?! Going back to the $1 ELF primer! Much better!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

exaggerate our claims is more like it. everyone is 100% correct: it creases, it just completely fails. stick with milani for ds primer. performs like urban decay at 1/3 of the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HolyMotherofTerribleMakeup. This stuff is horrible. I rarely write negative reviews about anything but I just have to say I don't even see how this stuff is called a primer! I feel like my shadow stays on longer when I wear no primer compare to this! I have very dry skin everywhere on my face other than my eyelids so I do need a primer to keep my shadows on all day and thought I'd give this a try because I do enjoy some Rimmel products, but I was extremely disappointed and obviously won't be repurchasing. Lameeee.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by 089315r

I am shocked at the many horrible reviews. This is one of the better primers I have used. I gave this a 4 simply because it is not really waterproof and it does not really intensify colour put on top. If you are looking for a primer that will keep your shadow on for the day and not crease, this is an affordable product that works well. I recommend it and I will be buying it again.

In case it helps, I apply this on clean, un-moisturized eyelids to avoid sliding. PAT the product on to achieve a heavier base.

Hope I hear some other purchasers back me up!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by NicoleM96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I mean pretty much reading all the reviews just now, mine is going to be very similar. It didnt do anything but actually crease my eyeshadow more. I was looking for a drugstore eyeshadow primer becuase I was done forking out the money for the urban decay one, so I picked up this one. Bad decision. I herd the wet n wild fergie eyeshadow primer is good, so hopefully I can find that somewhere.