Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer

1.5

I bought this at Target when I found it in the clearance bin. I was excited to use it, and was very disappointed. It had a very greasy and oily consistency, and smelled a little odd. It made my lids feel slimy, and the applicator was very rough on my skin (I don't like those kinds of applicators for eye primers in general, so maybe it's just my personal preference). It did a decent job keeping shadows on, after I waited for it to dry for a second. I threw it out after a couple days, since it was on sale for less than a dollar anyway, and not worth the hassle to return.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Didn't work well for me.... It just didn't seem to blend in to my eyelids... It just set on top and when I tried to apply eyeshadow (wet or dry) it just mushed all together.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At least I am not the only person to like this product - in fact love it! I am really shocked to see the negative reviews and scores and I probably would not have bought this product if I had seen these reviews. Oh well, here are some of the things I like about the product.

1) it is cheap. The Urban Decay primers are lovely but I can buy about four of these for the price of one of those.
2) it makes my eye shadow last all day. Once I apply this, my eye shadow does not budge.
3) It can make all the difference to not so well pigmented eye shadows.
4) Ease of application.
5) does not irritate my eyes.

This does not really neutralise the pinky pigmentation of my eyelids but it makes the eyeshadow apply so well, I don't really need anything to neutralise them.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i truly am shocked at the many horrible reviews this has, i am not saying this is HG but its
a nice DS primer. I have normal lids and i like it very much, reminds me of the NARS shadow primer (but 20$ cheaper) it does take a min to dry for shadow application, the price is def
a bargain and i had my shadow last and no slip ect as other reviews. so IMO its a good product if on budget.

This is not an eye primer. Primer are suppose to make eye shadows last longer this primer makes it last shorter without it. It's a waist of money. Don't buy it.

I must echo what everyone else has said.

I could tell as soon as i tried to apply it that it was not going to be a good primer. It was impossible to apply a smooth layer, it was creasing up even when my eye was closed and skin was taut. It's say to let dry before applying eyeshadow but it took ages to 'dry' and even then it still felt quite moist and moved easily.

I'm so glad it was dirt cheap so i don't feel to cheated when I throw it in the bin after only a couple of uses.

This product is a shimmery white color. The application brush makes it hard to get even coverage. When dry it is not smart to use a sheer color with this primer because this primer will show through. Igot this product in clearance. Maybe it was out of date? But if I didn't warm it up in my pocket it would clump. Also if your eye itches befor it is dry.... then it will flake off. Over all it irritates my eyes. Miss supper sensitive eyes here. Dont waste your money.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Worst eyeshadow primer I have ever used! I swear a couple hours later my eyeshadow looked WORSE than it does when I don't use any primer at all! And the box is very misleading, it says that this product is supposed to make the colors of your eyeshadow more bright and it failed to do that as well. Good thing it was only $3.97!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Terrible. I have oily lids and must prime for any staying power. Was on sale so I gave it a try. I wouldn't take this item if it was free ...

I've been trying to find a product that works best for my extremely oily eyelids and so far, I have yet to find what I'm looking for. Out of the three eyelid primers I have tried so far, this was absolutely the worst. You can tell when you're applying this product that it won't work well. After about an hour of wear, this product had already allowed my eyeshadow to crease horribly. I wouldn't ever recommend this to anyone and I will not even use the tube I've already bought. Much less repurchase.