Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

3.4

on 8/5/2015 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I only bought this originally because I think the baby lips products are packaged so cute. I didn't really expect much from it because I had yet to find the perfect, long-lasting lip balm. I chose the Too Cool one.

Just one application of this in the morning makes my lips smooth and perfect. Ever since using it my lips have not been dry once. One time between losing it and repurchasing it I definitely noticed the difference. I'm so happy with baby lips that I don't see myself ever purchasing another lip balm unless I heard some insane review for it or someone gave me one as a gift or something and I discovered it was amazing because for me Dr Rescue has been incomparable to what I have used before.

I love the Too Cool version because it is clear and just makes your lips look shinier when first applying. I normally put it on during my morning skincare routine and by the time it comes to apply my makeup it has sunk into my lips leaving them primed for whatever product I will use on them.

I did purchase the coral version of Dr Rescue once and while it had the exact same amazing smoothing and hydrating qualities and while the colour was nice, I found that it looked too . . . smeary? I don't know how to describe it but I didn't like it and with the clear version this isn't an issue. This might just be because I really like to slather it on so my lips are really smooth so this might not be an issue for other people.

on 7/19/2015 6:41:00 AM

I don't remember exactly which shade I got, but it was one of the pink ones. This is garbage. This was one of the worst lip "treatments" I have ever used. All it did was dry out my lips, which were already dry. I assumed "Dr. Rescue" meant it would be super hydrating. It also didn't give much colour. It doesn't smell too good, and it tastes even worse.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be great, but I decided to try it because of some of the reviews. Waste of money, and it caused more damage. Cute packaging, but that's about it.

Also, Maybelline tests products on animals and I do not support that.

on 7/11/2015 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been using Maybelline Baby Lips for over a year now. I currently have 7 different shades. That's how much I love these Baby Lips. Before Baby Lips, I used the traditional chap stick and what not, but I noticed people purchasing Baby Lips, Eos, Burt's Bees, etc. I decided to try Baby Lips and I fell in love. Not only did my lips become suckle and sweet, the tint allows for me not to worry about putting an extra layer of lipstick. It's everything that I ever wanted in a lip balm. However, Dr. Rescue Coral Crave smelled like actual medicine and the "tint" does not even work. I guess it's a nice minty/cooling feeling on your lips, especially when your lips are dried, such as in the Winter, but overall I wasn't too fond of it.

on 7/10/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to like these. I assumed since these were medicated they would be better then the original but my god. They dried out lips and holy Hera they smell like cough syrup, I kissed my boyfriend wearing this and he got grossed out. Will never use again.

on 7/9/2015 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I enjoyed the Baby lips and Electro lips so I was excited to try the Dr Rescue unfortunately I was disappointed. It moisturises but not for long, the smell is a bit too menthol for me, it reminds me of having a cold. I used the Coral shade and I was not impressed, the colour was subtle. I will not use this product for moisture or colour.

on 6/18/2015 7:25:00 PM

My favorite shade is soothing sorbet. It has a slight menthol scent and taste, which I personally like. Compared to the original babylips, I like this much, much better. It has a thicker formula and doesn't feel like oil when I apply to my lips (which I feel regular baby lips feel like). The color is light, but enough to make my lips a pretty red (I have pretty dark lips already though), and I've never used up a lip balm before but I can see myself finishing this one! I'm half way there and I'm surprised because many of my lip balms are still almost new, like I've barely used them.

on 5/19/2015 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is only for Dr. Rescue. This is my second go round. I really wanted to like this. Sooooo bad. I like the tingle effect, but this particular product really makes my lips flake up all over. And the color is lovely in the tube but comes out very opaque on my lips. It reminds me of lip butter from The Body Shoppe. (horrid) I finally had to come to the conclusion that even as a night treatment, this one just won't work for me. I really hated to throw out the tube. 😣 I do, however, like the plain, clear one. I think it's peppermint.

on 5/11/2015 7:20:00 PM

I mean it is a good product but not for me. Before, I had a problem with chapped lips because I kept licking it. I looked on youtube for reviews of this product and they said it really mostourized lips. So I tried it out. It felt like it was working but when I looked at the mirror, it became more chapped.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had mixed feelings about this product.

Pros: Creamy application.
Moderate pigment.

Cons: Doesn't leave lips feeling softer or more hydrated after it wears off, which is about an hour or two.

My own fault: I purchased this menthol kind without thinking that it's apparently sort of meant for cold sores? So I might try the regular Baby Lips, as other reviews have indicated it is more moisturizing than this Dr Baby Lips version. Also the color I got (Berry Soft) is a bit too cool for me - I am fair/medium and generally cool/neutral skintone, and this color just seems to clash slightly with my skin for some reason.

To summarize, I won't repurchase the Dr (menthol) version again, but may try the original Baby Lips in a more neutral color.

on 4/19/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried baby lips before and it has always worked perfect, but this one makes my lips so dry and cracked my lips even get swollen when I use it, I didn't think it was my baby lips because I've tried it before but when I start looking at the reviews I realized like it's not coincidence that I get my lips crazy swollen just the couple of days I've been using this Dr rescue baby lips...

Popular Lip Treatments