Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

3.5

on 6/18/2015 7:25:00 PM

My favorite shade is soothing sorbet. It has a slight menthol scent and taste, which I personally like. Compared to the original babylips, I like this much, much better. It has a thicker formula and doesn't feel like oil when I apply to my lips (which I feel regular baby lips feel like). The color is light, but enough to make my lips a pretty red (I have pretty dark lips already though), and I've never used up a lip balm before but I can see myself finishing this one! I'm half way there and I'm surprised because many of my lip balms are still almost new, like I've barely used them.

on 5/19/2015 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This is only for Dr. Rescue. This is my second go round. I really wanted to like this. Sooooo bad. I like the tingle effect, but this particular product really makes my lips flake up all over. And the color is lovely in the tube but comes out very opaque on my lips. It reminds me of lip butter from The Body Shoppe. (horrid) I finally had to come to the conclusion that even as a night treatment, this one just won't work for me. I really hated to throw out the tube. 😣 I do, however, like the plain, clear one. I think it's peppermint.

on 5/11/2015 7:20:00 PM

I mean it is a good product but not for me. Before, I had a problem with chapped lips because I kept licking it. I looked on youtube for reviews of this product and they said it really mostourized lips. So I tried it out. It felt like it was working but when I looked at the mirror, it became more chapped.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had mixed feelings about this product.

Pros: Creamy application.
Moderate pigment.

Cons: Doesn't leave lips feeling softer or more hydrated after it wears off, which is about an hour or two.

My own fault: I purchased this menthol kind without thinking that it's apparently sort of meant for cold sores? So I might try the regular Baby Lips, as other reviews have indicated it is more moisturizing than this Dr Baby Lips version. Also the color I got (Berry Soft) is a bit too cool for me - I am fair/medium and generally cool/neutral skintone, and this color just seems to clash slightly with my skin for some reason.

To summarize, I won't repurchase the Dr (menthol) version again, but may try the original Baby Lips in a more neutral color.

on 4/19/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried baby lips before and it has always worked perfect, but this one makes my lips so dry and cracked my lips even get swollen when I use it, I didn't think it was my baby lips because I've tried it before but when I start looking at the reviews I realized like it's not coincidence that I get my lips crazy swollen just the couple of days I've been using this Dr rescue baby lips...

I have this in Coral Crave.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for coral. This isn't a bright coral, it's a very soft pink-coral.

I haven't tried the other Dr Rescue ones, but it feels lighter than the regular Baby Lips.

The "medicinal ingredient" = freaking menthol. Haha. Okay. But I do like the minty feeling. If my lips are really cracked, the minty feeling to it is a bit of a shock. It doesn't last long though. Well...the lip balm itself doesn't last long, but I'm not too bothered by that. Despite this being "Dr Rescue", I actually find this less moisturizing than the other Baby Lips.

Colour = yes. Lip Balm = quite decent. Packaging = less juvenile than regular Baby Lips, but the lid feels a bit insecure. I haven't had it come off, but I don't trust it.

This does dry out the lips but what most people don't understand is this is for the treatment of cold sores & for its purpose it works extremely well. However this is not a day to day go to lip balm it is very drying hints it gets rid of cold sores which is its purpose

on 3/14/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm about to contact the manufacturer because my daughters lip became dry and cracked and she has a black mark on her today. I pray it doesn't get worse!! I purchased the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue end of January at a local Target. I've never had any lip problems my entire life but the colors looked pretty and I said maybe I would try something new. I purchased 2 because they were on sale. One for me and one for my daughter. I started using mine and in a couple days the right corner of my lip was cracking. I stopped using it right away because thats the only new product I was using on my lips. A day later my entire right side of my lip and cheek were black and blue and very swollen as I was about to take a trip to Bangkok to celebrate my birthday. I was alarmed but I thought maybe I had some allergic reaction. I asked my daughter if she was OK and she said she was just fine. I did take pictures and figured it was just me after putting anti biotic ointment it began to clear in a week. I was on my birthday trip in Bangkok for a week with a swollen lip. My daughter is 12 and today her side of her lip has a black mark now I'm alarmed and need to make sure and try to figure out if this is happening to other people. Please be careful!!!

I purchased Dr. Rescue in Just Peachy. This is worst shade of lip color I have ever used. I thought that this would be a sheer wash of peach color. Boy, was I wrong! This shade washes me out like no other and makes me look like I'm pretending to be high fashion and failing. The color is a pastel color when applied and looks like theatrical makeup. I thought the menthol would at least be a redeeming quality, but it's not even moisturizing. It looks like I put concealer on chapped lips when I wear this.

AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS. I fell for the hype and I'm sad I wasted the four bucks or whatever this costs. I used it once and threw it in the trash. It's awful.

on 2/20/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have a hard time liking any Maybelline products. There are a million better products out there on the market by other brands. Don't be fooled by the "Dr. Rescue" bit - it's just menthol that's added (Whooptie doo, am I right?). I purchased "Just Peachy" and I can barely wear it. It's the most unnatural looking pastel colour on your lips and it simply goes on and looks revolting. The only time I'll be caught wearing it is before I go to bed and moisturize my lips (aka, be somewhere where nobody else sees me).

Overall verdict: don't waste you time and money.

Popular Lip Treatments