Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

3.4

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ok so I know people say that this stuff actually drys your lips out and stuff (and they might actually be right) but I still think this stuff is amazing. I have lips that are awfully, almost chronically dry. They've constantly got that disgusting white layer on them (I know TMI) and not even the most moisturizing things have helped. That said I've never tried any of the super expensive lip balms from Sephora--like the Fresh or Dior--as I can't make myself spend THAT much money on a lip balm, but I've tried my fair amount of things like Vasaline and Nivea Lip butters. But this stuff is the only thing that actually brings me relief. I like to just put it on and leave it for like 10 minutes, and seriously it makes my lips feel SO GOOD and makes them feel smooth and supple and amazing. That said, I'm not sure how actually moisturizing this stuff is; mostly, I just use it to provide immediate relief when my lips are cracked/bleeding, and then I'll go in with the Vasoline or Nivea.

So yeah moral of the story, this stuff supposedly dry out your lips, but its basically the only thing I've found that provides relief from chapped and cracked lips almost immediately. If you're looking for something on "regular" lips then yeah go with Vasoline or something, but this stuff is great in providing relief when your lips are super cracked and dry.

Heard great things & saw it was medicated so bought it. It feels great growing on but my lips felt dry within the hour. Then I found out menthol actually dries your lips & doesn't moisturize. Definitely not worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The name of the one I have, and only one I like of all the baby lips, is too cool.
It is a simple white tube with a clear balm that leaves a light shine on the lips and gives a cooling sensation which I love.
It feels like coconut oil on the lips and has a light menthol scent that is not very strong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I first bought Dr. Rescue Too Cool because I needed a new chapstick and since then, I'm on my second tube and recently bought Dr. Rescue Pink Me Up and Crystal Line which came packaged up in a pack of 4 from Costco. I would say it works better for me than Nivea. A lot of people complain that the Dr. Rescue line isn't giving them enough colour but this line of chapstick wasn't made for colour! It's a basic, hydrating, blister-healing chapstick and it does the job for my super chapped lips, especially in the winter and with braces on. I like that I can apply it anywhere without worrying if it's smudging colour all over my lips and it applies smoothly with a slight shine. I actually prefer the scent of the cooling menthol to sickening smells of artificial fruit and candy that's found in a lot of other Baby Lips and the slight tingle is nice too. For me it also lasts a decent time, sometimes even over a few hours if I'm not vigorously eating or drinking and I don't find myself reapplying very frequently because my lips feel better for hours afterward. All of my friends have either loved it or hated it so I would say try it out for yourself! It's not pricey and if you can get the 4-pack Costco one like I did for around $10 it's a steal!

I bought this since my lips were dried out like the Sahara desert and it needed moisture stat. I like the smell of mint and the slight tingle on the lips.

My lips don't look or feel dry but when I rub my lips together to even out the product. A small part of my upper lip feels dry against my bottom lip. Which is weird because I usually never get dry upper lip but mostly my bottom one.

I bought this in the color Coral Crave. The color is very sheer coral almost transparent. If you think you are going to buy this for the color is is not recommended. I looks like your natural lip color so it won't make your dry patches more noticeable.

Overall opinion: I don't hate this product but I don't love it either.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I bought it on a whim at Target, and it turns out that I love it! I've never had any of the Baby Lips before, but I needed chapstick and some of my friends endorsed this one over the more expensive Sephora lip balm. It has the same texture plus the tingly menthol of it really works for me. I keep it by my desk and re-apply frequently. My lips are super chapped all the time, mostly from medications I take that make me dehydrated and the joys of working at a university that keeps the ambient humidity at about 3%. This stuff makes my mouth feel much better. It goes on smooth, it tingles nicely, and I feel like my lips are better for it. And it's cheap. I haven't tried the tinted versions, but that's next. I'm a believer.

I bought a two-pack of these because I thought it might be nice in winter. I shouldn't have, though. I don't hate the scent of mint or eucalyptus (and I actually love the scent of mint) but this was too much. For me it was like applying a Hall's cough drop to my lips. It's sort of invigorating in that Vick's VapoRub sort of way, if you like that, but since I associate that with being sick, it's a lose-lose for me. The colors are pretty and the formula is pretty close to the classic BabyLips formula, but personally I just couldn't get past the scent.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I have the Dr. Rescue lip balm in the shade "Berry Soft". This was the first Maybelline product I have ever tried and I was quite disappointed. I purchased this at the very peak of the whole Baby Lips hype.
I can't really talk about staying power, since I didn't wear this much nor long enough to test it out. I was really overwhelmed by the strong menthol taste and smell, my lips felt like they were burning. The formula, although smooth, made my lips feel dry and somehow enhanced any flaky skin on them.
The colour was also made my lips look ghostly, it was just the wrong shade of pink and didn't really compliment my skin tone. I will not be repurchasing.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I only bought this originally because I think the baby lips products are packaged so cute. I didn't really expect much from it because I had yet to find the perfect, long-lasting lip balm. I chose the Too Cool one.

Just one application of this in the morning makes my lips smooth and perfect. Ever since using it my lips have not been dry once. One time between losing it and repurchasing it I definitely noticed the difference. I'm so happy with baby lips that I don't see myself ever purchasing another lip balm unless I heard some insane review for it or someone gave me one as a gift or something and I discovered it was amazing because for me Dr Rescue has been incomparable to what I have used before.

I love the Too Cool version because it is clear and just makes your lips look shinier when first applying. I normally put it on during my morning skincare routine and by the time it comes to apply my makeup it has sunk into my lips leaving them primed for whatever product I will use on them.

I did purchase the coral version of Dr Rescue once and while it had the exact same amazing smoothing and hydrating qualities and while the colour was nice, I found that it looked too . . . smeary? I don't know how to describe it but I didn't like it and with the clear version this isn't an issue. This might just be because I really like to slather it on so my lips are really smooth so this might not be an issue for other people.

I don't remember exactly which shade I got, but it was one of the pink ones. This is garbage. This was one of the worst lip "treatments" I have ever used. All it did was dry out my lips, which were already dry. I assumed "Dr. Rescue" meant it would be super hydrating. It also didn't give much colour. It doesn't smell too good, and it tastes even worse.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be great, but I decided to try it because of some of the reviews. Waste of money, and it caused more damage. Cute packaging, but that's about it.

Also, Maybelline tests products on animals and I do not support that.

Popular Lip Treatments