December 19, 2014 | 1188 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lilmissmay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've seen Babylips around for awhile and I've always been put off by the price of them at my local walmart. They usually are priced between $6-$10 but a few days ago I found them on sale for $2.97! What really intrigued me was that this product was medicated and was made for dry, chapped lips. So as I stood there, biting at my scaly, sore lips I decided I would give it a try. I'm so glad I made that decision because this stuff rocks. I got "pink me up".
It's a sheer pink, not too pink but not too sheer. Looks great with any makeup look because it matches natural lips perfectly.
I love that it smells a tiny bit like mint, instead of like cupcakes. The menthol is really soothing and cool feeling. I noticed immediately that my lips felt better and didn't feel chapped at all after applying it. This stuff really is a rescue!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I will admit I was reluctant at first to try the Dr. Rescue brand Baby Lips even though I loved the color range and I also love the original Baby Lips line. I thought that it would be too strong and be more of a chapped lips treatment than an everyday tinted balm. I was wrong on that assumption though as it's turned out to be an amazing everyday tinted balm.

Why I love it:

- the color payoff is sheer and natural looking (I prefer sheer balms to matte lipsticks)
- it goes on smooth
- it lasts awhile
- when reapplying the color doesn't build up or look cakey
- as it's a sheer tint it makes the perfect finish to a 'no makeup' makeup look
- the price is good
- it's easy to find as many stores carry this brand
- the scent is a refreshing mint

So I think these definitely rock! Though I feel the need to mention that if you prefer a more bold, more matte or more bright lip look do not try these as they will not give you the color payoff you're looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by cutiepatootie83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This SAVED my extremely dry and chapped lips!! And the colors are so pretty and soft! Love Love love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ASparkes

I really love using this. It has worked for me every time. never fails. I would recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleyfreak101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

honestly this product is not very moisturizing at all. when i shop for a lip balm i want it to moisturize. the pigment in the balm is very pretty, but the smell makes you not want to wear it. overall i would not recommend this product to buy to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by SLeal13

This is the best lip treatment ive ever used! It burns a little when you put it on, but thats cuz its working. And it lasts a long time and makes your lips smooth all day. I most definetely love this product

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by coldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this when i ran out of lip balm , and i also had a cold at the time , i figured that it would help with my flaky lips . It didnt , I put it on and i had to re apply 5 times within an hour. I got them on sale 2 for $5 , didnt bother to try the other colored one i got , i got too cool and berry soft . I returned them and exchanged them for minty sheer from the electro line and pink quartz from the cystral line. Now my lips feel much better .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

Most people seem to complain about the smell/taste but I actually love it! It makes my lips feel minty fresh. As far as what it claims to do , I mean c'mon it's still a cosmetic even though it's "medicated" and you're paying like 5$ so if you're looking for something of better quality then pay for it and don't complain! This is great for the price

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really impressed with this stuff, actually. :) It feels good on your lips gliding on, soothes and smells kinda like mint, and gives lips a little tint of color without overdoing it. The packaging is cute and not too bulky, and the price was good, because these always seem to be on sale, but always well stocked too, so that says something good in itself. The only thing that gets to me was the name of the line "Baby Lips." What? You couldn't find a better name for this lip balm gold? But aside from that- I can see why everyone loves it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by dropdeadlovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the medicated feeling and my lips are left soft. I have this in just peachy which is a horrid color on deeper skin nc 45. Lol but i lightly pat it or apply over lipstick and my lips are good to go. Ive had better lip balms. Id only buy again if its discounted