April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Sugarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I picked this up in Coral Crave for my sister during a makeup haul for her graduation pictures. She has rather dry lips and since she was just starting out with makeup, I figured that this sheer lip balm with medicated care was the perfect thing.
She had only used it twice for the pictures and left it in the bathroom, so in the mornings, I just did a quick swipe of it before leaving the house. I was in love with the menthol aspect as it left my lips tingling (in a good way!) with a slight glossed-hue to give colour to my lips without being as dramatic as a lipstick or lip stain, even. The other shades in the Dr. Rescue seemed very sheer and great for everyday, casual looks, the exception being the Soothing Sorbet if you're looking for a darker stained appearance. I would no doubt, try all these in the other colours though.
Unfortunately, my sister took back the balm and I never saw it again. However, I can see the hype everyone had for the Baby Lips, and the Dr. Rescue (being the only line I've tried and adored from Maybelline) was a favourite of mine. I am an avid EOS wearer though, however, once I run out of those babies, I will perhaps purchase my own stick of Baby Lips!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A few months ago, I moved to New Mexico. That means dry desert. Endless, endless dryness. My lips were quickly paying the price: they became sore and dry and I decided I needed to get some kind of medicated lipbalm. So I chose Baby Lips, given all of the good reviews I had heard.

The type I chose was Soothing Sorbet, which gives my lips a nice red tint as well as a dose of much needed moisturizing. It tingles when you put it on, which is actually kind of nice, and it certainly does have that refreshing sorbet flavour. It is discreet, however, and fades quickly once you pop it on.

I really liked the colour of Soothing Sorbet. In fact, I like the colour enough to buy it just as a lip tint rather than for the medicated balm part. It looks very natural when it goes on and adds just enough colour to brighten my face without looking too obvious. I also recommended it to my friend, who is Hispanic, and it looked just as good on her as it does on my very light skin.

I think that I would repurchase this. It is a good product for a good price. However, the only thing that puts my off a little is the packaging. It just feels kind of...cheap. I mean, I know it is a very reasonably priced product, but it is just so easy to get messy. When I apply it from the tube, the product goes all down the white sides and stains it. Maybe I'm just OCD, but it bugs me a lot. I always have to clean the container after applying as a result. But maybe that is just me haha :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by bygollymissmolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to work. I bought this in December, because my other medicated lip balm ran out, and I wanted to try something new. The first time I used it I didn't notice a difference. The second time I used it my lips felt a little dry, but by the third time my lips were flaking. I looked up why and apparently it contains a lot of petroleum which drys out your lips. Next time you see these in the drugstore just keep walking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by joojoobea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hero.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Ikvira

I have the color berry soft and I must admit that I made a mistake.... the color didn't turn out the way I thought it would. My skin tone is light medium and when I put it on it just looked weird! I've bought the original non-medicated ones before and tried giving this one a shot but it just felt thick and strange. I guess this'll be an at home lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by JSJ8809

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am surprised so many people dislike this product. I absolutely love it. Sure the menthol scent is not for everyone and I would prefer the other scents in the regular line, but that's a minor thing. I bought the Just Peachy color and it is a perfect nude color. I am a huge fan of nude lipsticks and gloss and will spend quite a bit to find the right shade. This shade is totally flattering, does not seep into creases and helps condition my lips. What more could you ask for? I will definitely continue to purchase the peach color and will probably stock up in case they stop selling it.

If you hate the scent, try the regular peach version of Baby Lips. Smells and tastes awesome. Not as opaque but still nice peachy nude.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Dextruxtion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I struggle with dry/chapped lips fairly often. I'm constantly applying something or other to my lips, and since I don't like to wear colors or stains very often, I got the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in 'Too Cool' which is basically just a clean, colorless stick.

I fell in love the first application.
It glides on so smooth, and feels silky while you're wearing it.
Accompanied is a wonderful refreshing, tingling sensation but it's not nearly as strong
as other lip products with menthol so it doesn't feel/smell overbearing or unpleasant.

It adds a sheer, non-sticky soft glaze which is very enticing.
Lasts a decent while, though I do tend to reapply it several times through the day and as such am consequently beginning to put a dent in my first tube purchased about a week ago.

I added three lipsticks simply because I'm blowing through it fairly quickly and can't say that the overall health/softness/suppleness of my lips is much improved. So basically, for me, it's amazing while it's freshly applied, but the long term benefit and cost per how quickly I go through it are what I'm a little iffy about.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The tube is cute, but it chapped my lips! Lol my lips are mildly dry, not chapped to begin with, and now I need lip balm bc of this stuff. At least it's cheap, and I had a coupon on top of it. Beware.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover271200

they are very moisturizing and I like the colours but I didn't get the tingling sensation everyone was talking about.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

guh! So disappointed. I was so excited to try it, but I can't stand how dry it makes my lips.