Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

3.6

This does dry out the lips but what most people don't understand is this is for the treatment of cold sores & for its purpose it works extremely well. However this is not a day to day go to lip balm it is very drying hints it gets rid of cold sores which is its purpose

on 3/14/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm about to contact the manufacturer because my daughters lip became dry and cracked and she has a black mark on her today. I pray it doesn't get worse!! I purchased the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue end of January at a local Target. I've never had any lip problems my entire life but the colors looked pretty and I said maybe I would try something new. I purchased 2 because they were on sale. One for me and one for my daughter. I started using mine and in a couple days the right corner of my lip was cracking. I stopped using it right away because thats the only new product I was using on my lips. A day later my entire right side of my lip and cheek were black and blue and very swollen as I was about to take a trip to Bangkok to celebrate my birthday. I was alarmed but I thought maybe I had some allergic reaction. I asked my daughter if she was OK and she said she was just fine. I did take pictures and figured it was just me after putting anti biotic ointment it began to clear in a week. I was on my birthday trip in Bangkok for a week with a swollen lip. My daughter is 12 and today her side of her lip has a black mark now I'm alarmed and need to make sure and try to figure out if this is happening to other people. Please be careful!!!

I purchased Dr. Rescue in Just Peachy. This is worst shade of lip color I have ever used. I thought that this would be a sheer wash of peach color. Boy, was I wrong! This shade washes me out like no other and makes me look like I'm pretending to be high fashion and failing. The color is a pastel color when applied and looks like theatrical makeup. I thought the menthol would at least be a redeeming quality, but it's not even moisturizing. It looks like I put concealer on chapped lips when I wear this.

AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS. I fell for the hype and I'm sad I wasted the four bucks or whatever this costs. I used it once and threw it in the trash. It's awful.

on 2/20/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have a hard time liking any Maybelline products. There are a million better products out there on the market by other brands. Don't be fooled by the "Dr. Rescue" bit - it's just menthol that's added (Whooptie doo, am I right?). I purchased "Just Peachy" and I can barely wear it. It's the most unnatural looking pastel colour on your lips and it simply goes on and looks revolting. The only time I'll be caught wearing it is before I go to bed and moisturize my lips (aka, be somewhere where nobody else sees me).

Overall verdict: don't waste you time and money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I always try to give Maybelline products a chance, but they KEEP ON disappointing me. At first I thought it was going really well. I thought i'd try out this lip balm as some "winter repair", as it has been very cold in the UK. I think this lip balm is formulated to first give you the feeling of hydration and THEN make your lips even drier, so you keep using it! It has made my lips flake off in places and left them sore. I have tried the normal Baby Lips in Peach Kiss and Very Cherry and then I bought the electro purple one too (this was when my addiction for lip tinting balms was at its peak, but before I had tested out this balm PROPERLY). Above all the WORST was Dr Rescue, which implies in the name, but NOT in its description, to make your lips "better". Very clever, Maybelline. It has menthol in it. Does menthol not make you feel chilly? I understand the properties of it clearing your airways, but I don't see the point in using it in a lip balm?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Being a lip balm junkie, why of course I had to try baby lips dr. rescue! I purchased the shade "coral crave". This balm feels wonderfully smooth going on. I am a big fan of menthol in my lip balms so that was a plus too! I also really enjoyed the pop of color it gave to my lips. Very sheer color though. Definitely a great mlbb look. Unfortunately this balm is just not very moisturizing. In order to keep my lips hydrated I needed to reapply very frequently. Like every hour frequently! So this probably won't sit well with those that have very dry lips. The packaging also isn't the greatest. Mine came loose from the tube very quickly with frequent use. But, even with the cons I still enjoyed using this balm. The light moisture will probably work great for the summer months and the tint of color it gives is great. I probably won't repurchase though just because I am constantly finding and trying new lip balms.

I was really excited to try these when they came out, as every lipstick that I would apply makes my lips so dry and flaky ewww. So I thought yayy those could give my lips a nice colour and moisturize them at the same time which is brilliant. I also liked the packaging and found their name so cute :D However, they did not moisture my lips at all, as soon as I apply it they went all flaky and dry color isnt nice either. Waste of money :/

on 1/29/2015 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really love the cherry baby lips so was v dissapointed at The DR rescue range. It's very cold in the UK at the moment and windy and snowy most days so I bought it to keep my lips moisturized. After a few days of using it its made my lips feel sore and like i've got an under the skin breakout on my upper lip. Overall it's made my lips a lot dryer than before and i'm not a fan of the colour range as i'm quite pale and they wash out my complexion.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product on a whim and I really like I have the colour 35 in too cool and I really like it slot gouge if does leave my lips soft if kind of leaves my lips feeling tight but I do really like it

on 1/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stinks so bad I can't even use it...it smells like the sausage balls my Mamaw makes for Christmas Eve...not something I want in a lip balm.

Popular Lip Treatments