Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue

3.6

on 2/20/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a hard time liking any Maybelline products. There are a million better products out there on the market by other brands. Don't be fooled by the "Dr. Rescue" bit - it's just menthol that's added (Whooptie doo, am I right?). I purchased "Just Peachy" and I can barely wear it. It's the most unnatural looking pastel colour on your lips and it simply goes on and looks revolting. The only time I'll be caught wearing it is before I go to bed and moisturize my lips (aka, be somewhere where nobody else sees me).

Overall verdict: don't waste you time and money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I always try to give Maybelline products a chance, but they KEEP ON disappointing me. At first I thought it was going really well. I thought i'd try out this lip balm as some "winter repair", as it has been very cold in the UK. I think this lip balm is formulated to first give you the feeling of hydration and THEN make your lips even drier, so you keep using it! It has made my lips flake off in places and left them sore. I have tried the normal Baby Lips in Peach Kiss and Very Cherry and then I bought the electro purple one too (this was when my addiction for lip tinting balms was at its peak, but before I had tested out this balm PROPERLY). Above all the WORST was Dr Rescue, which implies in the name, but NOT in its description, to make your lips "better". Very clever, Maybelline. It has menthol in it. Does menthol not make you feel chilly? I understand the properties of it clearing your airways, but I don't see the point in using it in a lip balm?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Being a lip balm junkie, why of course I had to try baby lips dr. rescue! I purchased the shade "coral crave". This balm feels wonderfully smooth going on. I am a big fan of menthol in my lip balms so that was a plus too! I also really enjoyed the pop of color it gave to my lips. Very sheer color though. Definitely a great mlbb look. Unfortunately this balm is just not very moisturizing. In order to keep my lips hydrated I needed to reapply very frequently. Like every hour frequently! So this probably won't sit well with those that have very dry lips. The packaging also isn't the greatest. Mine came loose from the tube very quickly with frequent use. But, even with the cons I still enjoyed using this balm. The light moisture will probably work great for the summer months and the tint of color it gives is great. I probably won't repurchase though just because I am constantly finding and trying new lip balms.

I was really excited to try these when they came out, as every lipstick that I would apply makes my lips so dry and flaky ewww. So I thought yayy those could give my lips a nice colour and moisturize them at the same time which is brilliant. I also liked the packaging and found their name so cute :D However, they did not moisture my lips at all, as soon as I apply it they went all flaky and dry color isnt nice either. Waste of money :/

on 1/29/2015 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Really love the cherry baby lips so was v dissapointed at The DR rescue range. It's very cold in the UK at the moment and windy and snowy most days so I bought it to keep my lips moisturized. After a few days of using it its made my lips feel sore and like i've got an under the skin breakout on my upper lip. Overall it's made my lips a lot dryer than before and i'm not a fan of the colour range as i'm quite pale and they wash out my complexion.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product on a whim and I really like I have the colour 35 in too cool and I really like it slot gouge if does leave my lips soft if kind of leaves my lips feeling tight but I do really like it

on 1/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stinks so bad I can't even use it...it smells like the sausage balls my Mamaw makes for Christmas Eve...not something I want in a lip balm.

on 1/5/2015 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I prefer the normal baby lips this just made my lips more dry and chap
need to reapply every five minutes
nice tingle feeling

on 12/17/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've seen Babylips around for awhile and I've always been put off by the price of them at my local walmart. They usually are priced between $6-$10 but a few days ago I found them on sale for $2.97! What really intrigued me was that this product was medicated and was made for dry, chapped lips. So as I stood there, biting at my scaly, sore lips I decided I would give it a try. I'm so glad I made that decision because this stuff rocks. I got "pink me up".
It's a sheer pink, not too pink but not too sheer. Looks great with any makeup look because it matches natural lips perfectly.
I love that it smells a tiny bit like mint, instead of like cupcakes. The menthol is really soothing and cool feeling. I noticed immediately that my lips felt better and didn't feel chapped at all after applying it. This stuff really is a rescue!

on 12/7/2014 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will admit I was reluctant at first to try the Dr. Rescue brand Baby Lips even though I loved the color range and I also love the original Baby Lips line. I thought that it would be too strong and be more of a chapped lips treatment than an everyday tinted balm. I was wrong on that assumption though as it's turned out to be an amazing everyday tinted balm.

Why I love it:

- the color payoff is sheer and natural looking (I prefer sheer balms to matte lipsticks)
- it goes on smooth
- it lasts awhile
- when reapplying the color doesn't build up or look cakey
- as it's a sheer tint it makes the perfect finish to a 'no makeup' makeup look
- the price is good
- it's easy to find as many stores carry this brand
- the scent is a refreshing mint

So I think these definitely rock! Though I feel the need to mention that if you prefer a more bold, more matte or more bright lip look do not try these as they will not give you the color payoff you're looking for.

Popular Lip Treatments