September 17, 2014 | 1978 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Korres - Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Product Info: $30 USD for 1.01 oz at Sephora, Korress says "Recommended for all skin types and ideal for sensitive skin".

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, C12-16 Alcohols, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Triheptanoin, Yogurt, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Menthyl Lactate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Palmitic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Palmitic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/ VP Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Fragrance (parfum), Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Bisabolol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Gluceptate, Lecithin, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract.

Review: I thought this might be an ok moisturising primer, but it's actually pretty light, almost like a lotion or milky gel type texture. It does add some moisture and a slightly dewier look to whatever foundation you use over top. It didn't make any difference in the longevity of my make-up but it did help it to apply more smoothly. It's basically the same effect you'd get from any old moisturiser.

It has a strong scent (not unpleasant or bad but very noticeable) that lasts for hours on skin no matter what you apply on top. It also contains menthyl lactate - which produces a cooling/tingling sensation when you apply. It can be super irritating though for many including myself, and my skin would have that "menthol"-y feeling like you have toothpaste on your face or something for about 4 hours. . .definitely not good for skin and I just wanted to wash it off but was running late the first day I tried it (stupidly right before work). I don't know why Korres felt the need to add this irritant to a primer meant for sensitive skin! Myself having combination sensitive skin, I would say this is one of the *least* ideal primers for sensitive skinned individuals, and they market this towards sensitive-skinned women, a terrible idea. Aside from irritation other cons for me were:

- as mentioned above, does not make any difference in wear time of my make-up
- doesn't do anything more than my regular moisturizer
- ingredients make this difficult to recommend for any skin type, it's not hydrating enough for dry skin (plus the irritating cooling sensation makes my dry patches even drier), contains too many potentially clogging ingredients for acne/clog-prones, and if you have normal skin why add needless irritation into your routine?. . .I would struggle to recommend this to anyone really.

I tried mixing this with a different primer, to see if it would lessen the irritation from the menthyl lactate and fragrance but it made almost no difference, if anything it only delayed the onset of irritation.

Recommend/Repurchase? No, would not recommend this to anyone, too many problematic ingredients. Definitely would never repurchase, and returned my tube after 3 uses.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was in search of a primer without dimethicone in it to avoid aggravating my acne. I found the ingredients list for this and thought it would be a great primer to try. I have to say I had mixed reactions to this. At first I loved the scent and was excited it did not have an icky smell to it. Then I started using this. I found that even under layers of makeup (foundation, concealer, powder, blush, etc) that I could still smell it. I love scent in my products, but this was too strong of a scent that I started to feel sickly when I could still smell it on me a while after I had applied it. The only thing I did love was the gel feel of this and how easily it smoothed in leaving me with a clean canvas. I also felt this helped my makeup last. If the company would change the scent on this I would purchase this, otherwise I plan on steering clear of it.