December 22, 2014 | 1657 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Flat Out Fabulous

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by catarinaarantes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is a gorgeous color, and last all day... i eat, drink, and work with it and doesn't need any touch ups... But...sometimes when i don't exfoliate my lips it can be a little dry....
but hey it's an amazing product

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by yasmintysaurus

Great lipstick! First mac lipstick I ever bought and fell in love, great colour and lasts when applied properly. Obviously because it is matte it needs a base layer of some sort of lip balm otherwise you end up with very dry lips but I would certainly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Girl About Town but better. I love that it's matte and that is slightly darker and more on the raspberry side of GAT. I wear it with subculture or magenta liners or more to love pro longwear liner. It looks amazing with just lashes and winged liner or with a taupe shimmery eye. It looks great with a contoured face or with a light neutral blush. Have gone through two of these so far. When I wear it I always get compliments as it looks well against my pale skin, black hair and grey/blue eyes. All my friends have bought this too. If you want to change up a vintage/pin up look this is an amazing alternative to red.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

beautiful!! not much else to say. nyx butter gloss in sugar cookie ($5) is a nice match on top to add a little shine & moisture if the retro matte formula is too drying for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by dobravka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This along with Rebel are hands down the most gorgeous lipstick colours I've tried by MAC. Its kind of a cool, violet-pink, without being too purple. I've worn it in summer and winter and it always seems to compliment my complexion. It is retro matte formula, but didn't find it nearly as drying at Ruby Woo, and it glides on nicely without having to tug your lips. Seriously, buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Bossyespy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As the name suggests ... it is FABULOUS. FOF is such a gorgeous pink that looks so flattering on my skin tone. No lip liner is required but sometimes I like to pair it with MAC's Currant liner which turns it into more of a plum shade but still so gorgeous! I recommend FOF as a must have especially for ladies with brown complexions. Although it is a retro matte formulae I don't find it too drying at all, it glides on easily and does not dry out my lips. This is by far my favorite pink lipstick... It is indeed flat out fabulous!!!! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by jPettersenn

One of my all time favorites! I love matte lipsticks and this retro matte one is no exception! It really is fabulous. This was my first retro matte lipstick, and to be honest I was kind of scared to try it, cause I do have very dry lips to begin with and could only imagine how cakey this would be on me, specially after a few hours of wearing it. But I was totally wrong! I bought MACs lip primer at the same time, and I use it under every matte lipstick and it really does wonders. The lips doesn't dry at all during the day, and the primer doesn't make them look shiny like a regular lip balm would, so they keep their matte finish just the way i like it! It also glides on perfectly.
This is definitely worth the money, and I will keep buying this lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by stls

This is aptly named, fabulous indeed! Looks like a cross between Girl About Town and Rebel but with a deep matte finish, very very stricking combo!
The texture is really matte and yes, it's drying and uncomfortable BUT without the matte finish it wouldn't be that perfect. Just be sure your lips are in good shape, use lipbalm and lipliner.
I never add lipgloss on top 'cause I adore it on its own. Staying power is great as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by organicsliving694

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love MAC lipstick it stays forever goes on so smooth and evenly and it just looks flawless on any smile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mintgreen27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Intense, bright fuschia. It makes me look and fabulous. The lipstick color is very intense. A few light dabs over the lips are enough to color them, no need to swipe. It is very drying and the color stain stays on your lips for a very long time. Moisturize yournlips before application and after removing it. I do not use it everyday becsuse the color clashes with some of my outfit. Also, it might appear glaring and too-bright in the formal office setting.