MAC Retro Matte - Flat Out Fabulous

4.7

on 8/1/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Flat out Fabulous is a berry, bold retro-matte finish lippie. You can play this color up or down w/various lip liners and/or glosses to your taste. When I prefer to tone the color down, I use a plum lip liner or if I want a vibrant finish, I'll use MAC Magenta lip liner. Would recommend dabbing lips w/balm before application.

Pros: versatile color, stays put most of the day
Cons: will smudge after meals, constant inflating prices, drying

on 7/11/2015 2:13:00 PM

I have really mixed feelings about this lipstick. The color is absolutely gorgeous. It's very vibrant and pops against my pale skin tone. I wore this out for the first time the other day and got an absurd amount of compliments on it. I felt like a rock star! Haha. But the retro matte formula is awful in my opinion. Sure, it's pigmented and relatively long lasting but towards the end of the day it felt so dry and heavy on my lips that it almost hurt. I have other Mac lipsticks that are the matte formula and none of them come close to being this dry. So while I love the bold and bright color, I don't think I'll ever be buying anything in this formula again.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this pink on my darker skin tones

on 5/28/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love it, color, texture, awsm. Last long. I'm happy they don't test on animals bunnies they suffer for cosmetics industries. I'm not going to smile on someone else pain.

If u hav darker skin plz experience this color.

on 5/24/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is very deceptive online. It appears to be a rich blue based purple with a fuchsia undertone, but in person it's more berry toned and sheer. I don't see the point in sheer MAC lipsticks, so it was returned. None of the other retro mattes live up to Ruby Woo, unfortunately.

on 5/23/2015 10:44:00 AM

For sure my favorite MAC Lipstick! Is so beautiful, a pink color with purple undertone, really opaque and looks good on every skin tone. AMAZING!

on 5/14/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This lippy is one of my favs. I just adore Matte lipstick and I like to have a few shades always. This is one of them. Its a beautiful deep fuchsia, which adds beautiful colour to any season. Its not as drying as some of the Retro Mattes but I still use a lip primer. It lasts over 6 hours for work, and I reapply after lunch.

on 5/14/2015 3:43:00 PM

Everything you need to know about this colour is in its name. It really is Flat Out Fabulous.

It looks good on virtually everyone, despite being an intense, bright magenta. I pair it with MAC's lipliner in Magenta.

There is some drag when applying it, as it is a pretty solid matte. I don't find it dries me out, but I could see if you didn't like the feel of mattes like this, you might not like this one, or could find it drying. The colour lasts well and stays at its full intensity for a good length of time.

I hope to never not own a tube of this.

on 4/21/2015 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this lipstick.One of my favorite m.a.c lipsticks. I always get compliments when I use it.

on 4/21/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can see why this product has such rave reviews. This lipstick is BOLD and beautiful- one of those lipsticks that makes you feel like a million bucks no matter what kind of mood you're in. It's much more bold than what I usually go for, but it's too pretty to pass up. I was unsure of the matte formula at first, but the matte formula is what makes this lipstick so amazing. TRY IT!

Popular Lipsticks