MAC Retro Matte - Flat Out Fabulous

4.8

on 3/26/2015 3:14:00 PM

I 100% fail to see how this flipping gorgeous liptick could look bad on ANYONE. It doesn't need another review, but I just want to say that if you're looking for a dark, yet somehow bright?!, look that's not TOO much lip and lasts for hourssss, this is the one. It looks good during the day; it's dramatic enough for night. That's the magic of it. It has the impact of red, but with an unexpected edge. Def drying, but workable.

on 3/26/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am so in love with this lipstick, perfect if you ask me.. It perks up my look no matter what am wearing. Beautiful colour, nothing compares to this.. Not even my much loved Heroine, Ruby Woo and Rebel. I think it would suit a wide range of skin tones. Am NW43 for reference.

As for the formula, it's pretty much drying being retro matte (super matte!) so be sure to properly exfoliate and moisturize your lips before applying. The upside is that it lasts a looong time which I love coz I don't like having to think of touching up lipstick every hour!

I will definitely be coming back for this baby again and again whenever I run out. Like its name it's simply fabulous!

on 3/4/2015 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

If you love a matte, vivid bluish-tone fuchsia lipstick, then you need not look any further than Flat Out Fabulous! This lipstick is it, indeed. The colour totally pops against my mocha complexion. It is gorgeous. And, it lasts all day!! I applied the lipstick from the tube (with EOS Coconut Milk balm beneath) at 10:30am, ate, drank, and it was still just as vivid when I had to rub (rub hard) it off at 11pm. It is not even categorized as a long-wearing lipstick. It's the retro matte formula and I love it. Go and get this!! It is absolutely worth the money. As a matter of fact, get it in a few highly wearable shades (subject to your own opinion, of course) and you will be set for lipsticks. One application of the lipstick will fix you for the day. It's perfection!

on 2/23/2015 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick. looks amazing with a purple or pink eye and lots of eyelashes. staying power is off the chart. eat, drink, kiss this baby stays on. perfect bold colour if you arent into reds or anything to dark. would like beautiful on any skin tone. I am so pale as I live in Scotland and this is definatly one of my top mac lipsticks, its also a recent purchase and i have wore it so much already

This really is FABULOUS! I'm in love! This lipstick honestly has to be in my top 5. Its a beautiful color, It will look good on anyone! I'm definitely repurchasing when I run out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have perfectly fair skin without any blemishes and green blue eyes. I thought the colour would overtake my face, but a customer convinced me that it would look vividly stunning. I think this shade is unique in that you can make it glamorous - which is not the case for all other bright pinks. I wear it with a white Chanel blouse and dark denim with heels. Unlike a classic red lip It's glamorously edgy. I have so many ppl complimenting me on this shade, & I wear it no matter the current trend or season. The nude lip is starting to really become uniformly boring

on 2/17/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love the look and feel of this lip stick, the color is very vibrant and I think looks beautiful on both fair complexions and tan.

You can also use a lip balm under before applying this and it'll give you an even more subtle look.

on 2/15/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Far out this baby has some serious staying power! I have dry lips so prep is a must, though I get about 4 hours of solid wear before needing to apply a balm over the top to prevent flaking. Yet it lasts all day and into the night,leaving a more rosy pink stain when it does finally fade. The colour is vibrant and although bright surprisingly wearable and flattering with many looks. Retro matte means super matte. Even the balm I apply over it throughout the day only shines it temporarily, and mind you the effect is just as delicious looking. It doesn't pull as much as ruby woo when applying, and a good lip brush can fix that if it bothers you, but I find it very user friendly for a matte. Although it appears opaque I have a freckle on my lip I can still see through it if I look closely. This isn't visible with the MAC luxe Catharina which is a very similar colour, but it's not enough to warrant losing a lippy over. I have a small cut on my lip that it has stained bright pink for 2 days now, even after removing it with oil and cleansing a few times. Food and drinks are no match, I don't need to touch up after most meals. This lipstick is indeed fabulous and seriously means business if you like your lip products to be long wearing, and frankly who doesn't?

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i loveeeeeeeeee flat out fabulous this color looks really good on any skin tone ..... color stays on all day ..... love mac lipstick

I don't see how this is a top seller it is a bland plum not pretty on and my least favorite of the mattes im returning this for heroine. There are so many lipsticks in matte that are similar and prettier and brighter and now that milani is making mattes ill stick with them or nyx for matte colors like this.

Popular Lipsticks