July 31, 2014 | 2120 users online

Liquid - Kleancolor True Self Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

True Self Luminous Moisturizing Foundation is yet another foundation that surprised me with how nice it is with it being cheap. They're typically $4, but I bought mine for $1 at a discount cosmetic store. I have two: 6 Honey & 10 Tan. It's easy to see 6 Honey is way too light for me unless it's wintertime; 10 Tan is the colour I wear most of the time & closest to my natural skin tone. 6 Honey is the darkest of the light shades & 10 Tan is the third to last darkest of the dark shades.

It's easy to blend & although it offers light coverage, it's buildable without getting caked. I don't think it hides blemishes or discoloration. Wearing it feels comfortable & natural. The only thing I dislike about this is how it "hydrates my skin with essential moisture"óno, this is OILY. I'm not exaggerating; this foundation is so oily that I can literally & physically see the oil. There are some ingredients in here that you typically want to avoid, & because I have oily skin, I of all people should be avoiding this at all costs. However, because of how hard it is for me to find a dark foundation with red/orange undertones, I'm willing to deal with it. Lastly, the packaging conveniently includes a pump. If you don't have sensitive skin & if you're not golden/yellow undertone, give this a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by meganmumaw

I did say that I would buy the product again, but honestly, I don't know. What I like about the product: fragrance is good, coverage is good, cheap, color matching is decent, and applies nicely. What I don't like about the product: The packaging is cute, but dispenses product a little weird. (If there is an air bubble, product will splatter, and bathroom will look like a foundation crime scene.) And, it burns my eyes. But, I use anti-aging serums and creams on my eyes which can have small amounts of acids, and vit. A can make skin sensitive. So, maybe that's why it burned my eyes? It wasn't an unbearable "Let's call 911 because I'm going to die" burn, but it was uncomfortable. I looked at the ingredients on the package, and basically the same as any other drugstore brand. So, I don't know. This was my experience, you may need to be the judge because there aren't too many reviews on Kleancolor foundations.