November 24, 2014 | 2006 users online

Foundations - Revlon - ColorStay Foundation Stick [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why many people don't like this, it has the best staying power out of all colorstay foundations, but I did take one lippie off because the smell is absolutely nasty! It does go away after a while though, but if you are sensitive to smells - stay away from this.
For me this foundation works well to keep my face looking fresh after 10 hours of work in a very hot and humid climate, and all I have to do is blot a bit few times during the day/night.
You can still get it in some places here in Asia, so I don't know if it's totally discontinued or not...
*a little edit*:
my roommate got the same one the other day, everything is exactly the same, packaging, and she got it in the same store I always shop at - but the one she got doesn't have the nasty smell?!So I went straight after her and got one more, and guess what - when I opened it, the smell was there again!!!Guess I'm just don't have luck when it comes to the fragrance of this thing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by missparks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, to qualify, I said yes I'd buy it again, but I'm pretty sure It's discontinued so I won't have the opportunity. That said, I tend to stock up on products when I think they'll be discontonued and I STILL have a couple of tubes of this left. First of all, a sincere congratulations to any of you who've managed to actually use this as an all-over face foundation. I couldn't pull it off. It just never blended right. So why did I purchse the extra tubes? This stuff works magic on my under eye circles! It's thick enough and it has the saying power to keep my eyes looking fresh all day. Add to that the portability of the product and, obviously, the fact that only using it under my eyes makes it last forever, and I'm in heaven!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 8:30:00 PM More reviews by bedhead19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this was the lightest in this that i could buy, and it is too dark and too orange. on top of that, it is crazy heavy makeup. i really wish i hadn't bought this. i'm a cool PPP and i bought ivory. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Iseult6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I basically got this because it was 99 cents at Cosmetics & More, and also because I had really liked the liquid ColorStay foundation, until I realised that even hard scrubbing never got it off my face completely... Anyway.

I have oily skin, so I was a bit apprehensive about this one. It IS pretty thick and greasy, but here's the surprise: once you set it with powder, it becomes matte AND STAYS THAT WAY for much much longer than any "mattifying" foundation for oily skin has ever done for me! I suspect it works like a greaseproof paper; it's slick itself, so it keeps the greasies in. Also, it is extremely quick to put on, and you don't need a sponge. Just blend it in with fingers. The shade Ivory blends perfectly in my PPP/LLL cool-toned skin.

This is definitely my stick foundation HG, although sometimes I still want to go liquid. However, when I need to stay unshiny for 10 hours+, I always reach for this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by pookieandpaco

I have had different experiences using this foundation. The first time I purchased this stick foundation, it was wonderful. The coverage was great and it looked like I was wearing powder. The next time the SMELL was so terrible, I couldn't keep it on my face without getting sick. I thought surely this was just a bad product. I went and bought another one. This one had the same awful SMELL. I had to throw this one away. If you get a good stick, it's great. If not, you will have wasted 10.00. I believe this product is now discontinued and not worth the risk.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2005 12:32:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Unless you like spending hours in the bathroom removing your makeup, avoid Revlon's Colorstay foundation. Besides being mask-like on the skin, I cleansed my face three times and still found traces of this gunk in my pores. Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2005 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Borg72

I bought this stick a while ago , liking the convenient way it was packaged and how it wasn't messy to use. But the good reviews end there. After applying it, I found it to be greasy and oily with hardly any good coverage. I'm a Hayfever sufferer as well and everytime I blew my nose, the tissue would be covered in orangey beige foundation and my nose would be ridiculously exposed!

I think I actually got zits from it and I have to agree with another board member, it stunk vile! I actually think that was the main reason I stopped using it!

The Colorstay liquid foundation is not much better - except that it DOES actually stay on - so much in fact that is near impossible to remove at night/morning! Very frustrating!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2005 11:30:00 PM More reviews by lizzie29

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think they have discontinued this but I stocked up on EBay in sand beige which blends into my skin like no other color I've ever tried. I also live in a hot humid climate and it stays put in 90 percent humidity. Looks natural, but now that I am using titanium dioxide sunscreen under my foundation I am hunting for a makeup that looks better over it.--Good Luck to me, right?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 10:23:00 PM More reviews by TaraMarie

It was too greasy and did not blend well, and I bought 2 different shades and both looked fake. Not worth the money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2004 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sneezydiva3

I first bought this to wear as stage make-up. Real stage make-up is a greasy nasty mess, and I thought maybe this would have more staying power and clog my pores less on my combination skin. It stayed on beautifully under the hot lights, (though I set it with powder.) It did clog my pores a little, but for the stage you have to put on a very, very thick layer, and it clogged my pores much less than other stick foundations. I didn't get any breakouts, just a few whiteheads and blackheads. And even with such a thick layer, it look wonderful. After the show was over, I tried using it as a "normal" make-up. It can go on quite sheer and has a lovely finish, though I still set it with powder. For my everyday make-up, I still prefer colorstay natural. But drier skin types that want a make-up with real staying power, should really give this a try.