November 26, 2014 | 1931 users online

Sunscreen - Elemental Herbs- Kids Sunscreen SPF 30+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've spent thousands of dollars on facial sunscreens that went into the trash after one or two uses. I have very specific criteria that are hard to meet. I don't need waterproof, since I use sunscreen primarily under makeup doing my daily activities. This is one of the two or three I have ever used that passed every one of my requirements.
1. Zinc Oxide-only sunscreen with at least 30 SPF (actual SPF 33)
2. Unscented with minimal ingredient aroma
3. No white cast on fair skin
4. Doesn't sting my eyes
5. Non-greasy
6. Non-drying
7. Functional over skin serum/treatment (doesn't ball up)
8. Works well under foundation and appropriate for combo skin
9. Includes several proven antioxidants (green tea, grape seed, rose hip, etc.)
10. Doesn't provoke my rosacea
11. Reasonably priced

For my needs, this sunscreen is superb. I've found a couple of application tricks that really help. First, I apply this to my face one section at a time and blend thoroughly. This is thick and can dry very quickly leaving white streaks if you're not careful. I am particularly careful around my brows and hairline. Second, no additives. I tried blending this with vitamin c powder, and that was a bad idea. It turned abnormally dry and made my face feel and look painfully dry. Third, you don't have to wait for this to "sink in" before applying makeup, but you might need to experiment with this depending on what kind of makeup you are using.

I have combination skin and use this over a light oil serum in the morning, then apply long-wearing liquid foundation and other cosmetics. This remains comfortable from 8 a.m. until when I take it off around 11 p.m. Not a problem to remove and very reliable for normal daily sun protection. I love this stuff and I recommend it to everyone with skin similar to mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by A88A

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite facial sunscreens. I have melasma, so I've been phasing out all of my chemical sunscreens, as I believe they make my melasma worse, or need frequent reapplication. I wear makeup, so reapplication is a no go for me. This is a 22.5% non-nano based zinc sunscreen. The texture is not perfect, but it's pretty darn good. I don't find it extremely greasy, and it doesn't seem to break me out. This may be a YMMV situation, though, as it does contain coconut derivatives, which break some folks out. The best method of application is to apply on slightly damp skin, and this minimizes the slight white cast that this product leaves behind (although the bottle suggests that the product is non-whitening, I find that it is, just a bit). As an added bonus, this product is coral reef safe. I don't live anywhere near a coral reef, but that might be a selling point for any lucky person who does. The texture is thicker than Biore UV Perfect Face milk (another one of my favorites for my face, but slightly irritating on my tretinoin-addled skin), but can work under makeup, if applied carefully on slightly damp skin.

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 22.5% (Non-nanoparticle).
Additional Ingredients: Organic Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Juice*, Water (Aqua), Organic Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract*, Glycerin, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, Organic Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil*, Organic Mauritia Vinifera (Buriti) Fruit Oil*, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Methylcellulose, Stearic Acid, Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Organic Butyrospermun Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Xanthan Gum, Less than 1% of Total Formula Preservative Blend (Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ethyhexyl Glycerin).