November 22, 2014 | 1866 users online

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My Hair Type:
Very fine, dense, mid-length, kinky/curly 4A. Healthy, natural, no color or chemicals, but frequent heat styler. Previously relaxed then texlaxed for years. I counteract/prevent damage with heat protection, deep conditioning treatments and either wet bun or blow out. Currently in need of a trim, I wanted something that would help my ends look soft, fresh and not frayed when I blow out and flat iron until I am able to trim it. Also, I wanted to have lots of bounce and sleekness that lasts for more than a day.

My Application:
I clarified hair to remove all buildup (used V05), and then applied this conditoner to my towel hair in the shower. Didn't rinse. I then applied more to my ends, generously, when I got out of the shower, and pinned it up, sat under the hair steamer. The conditioner had a lotion like consistency and a perfumy smell that I actually liked, it smelled fresh. After 20 minutes under the steamer, I waited a few minutes for cuticles to close, then rinsed with tepid-cool water.

Results:
Rinse was easy with excellent detangling. Hair felt soft, smooth, and curls clumped, which is a great sign. I didn't need any leave-in conditioner to detangle, but spritzed a bit of Tresseme Heat Protectant only on the ends of my damp hair. When I blew my hair out, it was gorgeous, soft, and the split ends were barely noticeable. Normally by 2nd day hair, my blowout has lost its bouce and looks dry. This is going on Day 3 and it still looks fantastic, and I couldn't keep my hands out of it. Neither could my husband. :)

I tried this because I found it mentioned as an alternative to kerastase. I ahve never used Kerastase, so can't compare to that. I can compare to the other brands I normally use, a mix of high-end and some drugstore cheapies: Kenra, Matrix, Tresseme, Ojon, Phyto. This definitely stays in rotation because I think it gave a better finish than ALL of them. Not sure how it will perform long term because the ingredients seem mediocre - but the results were excellent.

Haven't tried the corresponding shampoo yet but this has me interested in trying that, and maybe even Kerastase now...