Rimmel Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 17

4.8

on 5/2/2015 9:27:00 PM

To start off, I am not a big lipstick person. I tend to just wear lip balm or a tad of lip gloss. I do own about 10 different lipsticks, mostly from MAC, usually wear them once and never touch them again. I know, I know, a huge waste. Anyway, I was looking for a nude color that was low in cost as I did not want to spend lots of money on something that would most likely end up sitting in a drawer. I found this shade and did a quick swatch on the back of my hand and liked the color, so I decided to buy it. I put it on in the car and fell in love with everything about this lipstick; the color, the formula, the finish, the scent and definitely the price. It is a beautiful shade, I suck at trying to describe colors but this is a perfect color for my skin tone and has great staying power. I have worn this every day since I bought it and even got a few compliments at work. I will probably try another shade from this collection soon, but this is definitely my HG lipstick.. okay, I might be somewhat into lipstick now..

on 10/24/2014 11:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This color works wonderfully for me. It is nicely pigmented and lasts thru my morning coffee.

on 10/4/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I only bought this lipstick because Rimmel was buy one product get a second 50% off and I needed an eyeliner. So, I grabbed this shade because it (haha) reminded me of Kylie Jenner's go to lip color. I usually stick to Revlon or MAC lippys so this was a leap of faith for me but at $4.99 I figured I wouldn't be losing too much if I didn't like it. The formula is great, the slight watermelon fragrance is distracting but it is not as potent as the vanilla fragrance of MAC. It's a very wearable neutral pink. The sticker leans towards mauve but the shade is slightly more pink.

I've been wearing it with everything, to work, to the farmers market, and to run errands, it seems to brighten up my face and goes well with my skin tone. (I'm always worried about pinks and reds bringing attention to redness around my nose)

You should absolutely try this color!

on 8/30/2014 3:41:00 PM

This is the perfect peach pink that I have been looking for. It offers great pigmentation and staying power. It is a beautiful shade and I really like that it doesn't wear off right away. I think the quality is better than the MAC lipsticks that I had been purchasing. I'm so glad I found this!

on 8/26/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

When I reach for a nude, I almost always grab this light peachy-pink shade. The shade is warm, light pink with just a tiny drop of brown, which gives it a bit of a nude tone and it works for daytime with light eye makeup or at night with heavier makeup. While not at all shimmery, is a bit of golden sheen to this color. It gives the pink color warmth and personality while not looking the least bit shimmery.

Some people complain about the texture of this lip color. It's a bit grainy but it still goes on smooth and wears very well. I don't need my lipstick to be creamy for the few seconds I am applying it to my lips.

#17 has the fruity, Jolly Rancher scent of the Kate Moss matte lipsticks, which I find to be pleasant. The scent does not linger though, which is nice.

This lipstick was not easy to find, so when I misplaced mine I immediately searched for another and bought it. The next morning I found the original tube. Now I have a backup! Yay!

on 8/21/2014 5:21:00 PM

Just bought a second tube to keep in my purse. Can't add much to what the previous reviewers say about this lipstick. Price is so good compared to the department store brands, which have nothing better to offer, quality-wise, than this drugstore lipstick.

It kind of glows, love the color, which hovers right on the boundary line between warm and cool---a perfect neutral peachy-pink. It looks fresh and clean---young---but not adolescent, and with enough pigment to cover well.

I love it!

on 7/7/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great lipstick. Slick on a little balm first (you already do that, right?), and you'll be happy with this. It goes on smoothly, opaquely, and with just the right amount of color, and lasts pretty darned well. I can easily get three or four hours out of it, although it will transfer to whatever you drink from (if you aren't eating or drinking, you might get even more but I am always drinking something). But even when I wipe my lips to reapply it, I am amazed at how much color is left.

This is a perfect soft nude pink for me, not so yellow I look sick, and not so blue it pulls lavender. It's lighter than my own lips but makes for a nice nude look with darker eye looks.

Seriously, it is just perfect. I don't need a liner with it at all which is rare for me...that makes it just about the best ever for a quick, pretty lip that lasts!

I bought this without a coupon or any discount just because I felt like it. It was $5.99 plus tax at my Walgreen's. That's not too shabby for a great pink lippy, is it? I may need a backup of this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Really nice neutral pink. I hate the smell at first (watermelon?) but it goes away pretty quickly. So far not drying, which is nice. This is kinda close to MAC Lovelorn but a little warmer...I actually like this better than Lovelorn. And for a third of the price, you can't beat it.

on 3/17/2014 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Leave it to Kate to make the most stylish and functional lipstick around.

I'm a lip gloss/lipstick freak. I seriously love the stuff. Always trying different kinds. Expensive to drug store. This product has some beautiful neutrals and pinks (my fav.) Also, the consistency and texture is amazing. It stays matte without looking chalky. JUST as good as the MAC lipsticks, but much cheaper.

AND they smell good! :D

Really nice, everyday pink. It is drying but I have no problems when using a lip balm before applying. The scent is a bit overwhelming at first but doesn't last more than a minute. Overall, it's really nice and the packaging is cute!

Popular Lipsticks