Olay silky berry

3.3

on 6/28/2015 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to love this product when it was called "silk whimsy" but for some reason when it changed to silky berry, the scent changed as well. I think silk whimsy had a much more fresh, clean scent with a hint of something sweet. Silky berry on the other hand, smells like a cheap, strawberry scented lotion that you might find as a bonus with a kid's toy. It smells very fake, heavy, and frankly just obnoxious. Which is very disappointing because silk whimsy was my absolute go-to! It does absorb quickly but it's nothing special as far as moisturizing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've sniffed this one a dozen times but never bought until recently - it's a clean scent with a hint of berry, nothing amazing in the bottle. I finally bought it because I'd tried everything else decent at least once, and Silky Berry is much nicer in the shower than in the bottle - the berry scent comes out more, but it isn't sickeningly sweet or artificial. It lathers a lot, but isn't drying in winter, and the bottle is a good size. I'll probably buy this again!

on 9/14/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Buying bodywash takes me forever. My boyfriend and I spend a good 15 minutes at least popping caps and sniffing different bottles at the store. We both have quite a passion for smelling awesome. While I tend to prefer "soapy" scents like Irish spring or dial, I just couldn't say no to this one. Berry scented products always seem too artificial to me, but this smells delicious! And it actually lasts on your skin long after showering. It's about $5 at walmart, but it's a huge bottle. Lathers nicely no residue and leaves skin very soft.