September 23, 2014 | 2035 users online

Brows - Jordana - Brow Powder Natural Taupe

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this item in my second "mini-haul" from Cherry Culture. I am evaluating the product itself, rather than the sad fact that the color isn't quite right for me. This is my third brow powder from Jordana (from the single shades). There really aren't too many reviews or swatches out there on these powders, so it's been hard to evaluate which would work best for me. The two I got before weren't quite right. I can't remember the shades, but mainly the problem was that the colors were too warm to look good with my coloring.

That said, the product itself is quite wonderful: smooth, pigmented, easy to apply. The screw-off top doesn't bother me. Yeah, it's cheap, but you can pay a LOT more for an inferior product in glitzy packaging. The shade itself I would not call quite a true taupe. To me, taupe tends also towards a neutral gray and I cannot perceive this in the shade. This is a light to mid-toned warm brown which sadly doesn't suit me at all. On the other hand I can imagine this looking fabulous on someone with red hair or perhaps strawberry blond as a lid color or crease color if the skin is quite fair.

I wish these were offered in stores so I could see what would work of the 6 shades. I need a very cool taupe/brown and those are so difficult to find. It's so hard to find truly matte eyeshadows these days. I don't know why they aren't offered more broadly, as not all of us like shimmer and glitter. These are a little gem. I just wish I had better luck with the shades.