October 2, 2014 | 1840 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Smokebox Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Hawaiianxangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for years and I love it! Im already hitting pan on my black colored one. what sucks though is whenever I go to look for this product at department stores, they never have it. other than that though, its a really great product and I will definitely be buying another one...if i can find it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 10:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetie_cake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These shadows are very pigmented. Most of them end up looking the same on. It took me a few tries to get the hang of this, you have to use a very light hand and blend, blend, blend! If not you end up looking like you have a black eye, I like the brown colors the best, they look good to wear as a daytime smoky eye.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Sandraleigh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible product to work with. Shadows are not very blendable and when you use the lighter color on top, it changes the color of the shadows as if you had added yellow. I hate this product and I feel I got ripped off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by cchottie55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first got this product, I didn't know what to make of it. The packaging is nice but the part that keeps it closed broke for some reason (and trust me, I take good care of my cosmetics). It took me a few tries to make the smokey effect look good, but after that, it's come to be one of my favorite palettes. I would experiment on yourself a few times before going out with this on, but after I got the hang of it I receive a lot of compliments when I go out!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by charmy186

*sigh* oh dear, i really wanted to like this product! i'm still wondering if its the product itself i have a problem with or the fact that i'm kind of clumsy when it comes to applying eye makeup and illiterate in doing a "smoky eye" on myself. the colors in the palette itself are beautiful- each color has a solid part and then a more glittery counterpart. the shadows are very pigemented (which thus, made it hard to blend for me) and the applicators were sort of weird, i think. for some reason, the shadow also flaked onto my cheeks when i was applying it. what a shame, since i'm such a fan of smashbox's eye primer- it works great with other eyeshadows but not this?!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2005 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ChevygaL4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can't give this a full review just yet, but I have to say, the colors look AMAZING in the case! Five sparkly shades & five matte coordinating shades in a mirrored case with two applicators. I can't wait to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 6:01:00 AM More reviews by lexy37

best smashbox product ever- if you only buy one smashbox item [which was impossible to me, as you may tell by my reviews] let it be this one. such a PERFECT palette for creating fall's smokey eye ;p adore this. staple, highly highly recommend ;p [see my earlier review below under previous sn 'lexy7737']

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lexy7737

smashbox's smokebox palette is the absolute BEST for a smokey eye.. very long lasting and the palette has a wide range of colours to choose from.. so whether it is a light smokey eye for day or dramatic for nights out, this one palette is all you'll ever need. great coordinating colours.. very simple and easy to use ;p

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2005 3:24:00 PM More reviews by JoolsKing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

From reading other comments it occured to me that possibly people had missed the point of this item! It is for creating the "smokey eye" that is in fashion currently, you take one of the dark colours and put it in the center of the lower eyelid and blend out with the pale colour and voila a perfect smokey eye!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2004 7:29:00 PM More reviews by galinphilly

Ughhh! I love a smokey eye, but no matter which shades and how I applied these shadows, I ended up looking like I had a black eye (or 2, to be precise). I followed the QVC demo instructions too. This went right back in the box to QVC, and I got myself a gorgeous Dior quint instead.