October 21, 2014 | 2097 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST C15 Super Booster

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! Since I started using Paula's Choice products, my hyper pigmentation has decreased to the point that I can cover it with tinted moisturizer rather than full coverage foundation. I can't single out a specific product, since I bought several at the same time but I'm sure the C15 worked! I find it's easier to use when mixed with one of her serums. I mix 4 drops of this into an antioxidant serum in the morning. I've already bought this three times and I don't foresee switching to a new vitamin C product anytime soon!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Made my skin greasy. Did not seem very potent if it was then it was not very stable. Oxidized and turned orange quickly after purchasing much faster than any other vit. C serum I have tried. I also broke out and skin was not as bright. I saw no positive results from this at all.
My diy serum is far better than this and quickly cleared up the dullness and marks this created. Also my diy serum w/o vit E stays fresh longer. I will no longer purchase any vit c serums as I am having better results with my homemade serum instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by etain_anders

This is crazy expensive enough that I only bought the sample and I am trying out other vitamin C serums to avoid repurchasing. That said, the only thing I dislike about it is the price. The serum itself is fantastic. I can't comment on how it works on its own, but with Lacura's Q10 nightcream it is fantastic. I have very fine lines below my eyes, and a few weeks of mixing this serum with the Lacura and applying it and those lines disappear! However, they came back once I ran out of the serum. I'm currently trying cheaper alternatives, but if I can't find anything, you better believe I'll go back to PC even if it is expensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I love the DIY vitamin c serum that I make for myself. However, this serum really doesn't seem strong enough to do much. I got this as a free sample with my PC order, but there was enough to use almost daily for about 3 weeks. No irritation, but no results either. I'll stick to my homemade.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Bought the sample a few times to give it a fair shot and didn't see any results. However, her other products have worked wonders for me. Also, most of her products already contain Vitamin C, so to have it as a stand alone product didn't seem feasible, especially for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by tmwall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this serum pretty consistently for about 6 months. It is by no means a miracle in a bottle, but is a pretty decent Vitamin C serum for the price - especially compared to more expensive brands. My skin is oily & acne-prone & just beginning to see fine lines. I tried this serum alone or under my night moisturizer for about 2 weeks & was not impressed. It was light & sank in quickly, but I saw no results. I checked more reviews & saw others mixing it with with the PC Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Serum, so I did the same. That must have been the magic formula for my skin because after 3 weeks, my skin was smoother, brighter, & my hyperpigmentation faded by 50%! If you're curious, definitely give it a try - it's amazingly inexpensive - but you'll probably want to mix it with another anti-aging product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Nikiya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this booster for around four weeks, and have not noticed much difference. I would not mind going on using it, but this is the MOST user unfriendly product I have ever tried, It comes in a small bottle with a tight fitting dropper. It dries so fast you need to spread it quickly. However, inserting the dropper again is tricky and the bottle is small enough to be easily knocked over. That ended up happening and more than half of this expensive product ended up improving my furniture.
I had read wonderful reviews and I am surprised nobody mentioned the awkward presentation and consistency before. I am not buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the 2nd Vit C serum I've tried. I got really great results with Kiehl's Clearly Corrective (Vit C serum) and decided to try PC's because I trust her brand but unfortunately the C15 did nothing for me. I didn't get any visible results from this. At first, I was mixing it into my Estee Lauder night serum and not getting results so then I started using it alone, still without results. I was using about 4-5 drops all over my face 2 times a day. With the Kiehl's vitamin C serum, I saw obvious results and it made my skin look so radiant and even healed some pitted acne scars I had so I kind of expected the same from this. The C15 oxidized and turned yellow-tinged after about 3.5 months. Also, it smells a little bit like bacon. It's funny because PC products are either a hit or miss for me, and the hits are all HG products. This one's a miss.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot use this all over because it does tend to turn my face red and it doesn't settle down until I wash it off. It is also pretty oily going on.

I will keep purchasing the sample sizes though because I use this around and under my eye area because I believe it helps my dark eye circles and brightens that area up a little bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read Paula's book about skincare. I was totally convinced by her. I ended up purchasing two of her products: C 15 and the BHA 2% liquid. The BHA 2% liquid is fine, but I guess it is too harsh for me. Everytime I used it, I can see redness immediately around my nose area. So I can not choose but abandon using that.
The C 15 is just such a disaster for me! It is greasy and oily no matter how long I wait for it to dry before apply my other skincare routine and foundation! What is worse, it cause me break out! All those tiny tiny red bumps under my skin after three to four days usage of it! Imaging you are expecting smooth and radiant skin the next morning, only end up getting redness and bumpiness around your nose and forehand area! It is such a nightmare. I am still working to kill these under-skin-pimples !