April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Treatments - Paula's Choice - RESIST C15 Super Booster

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using the C 15 Booster at the beggining of this year. My results haven poisitive. Gone are the fine lines under my eyes. There is a new brightness too. I am on my second bottle as I use it full strenght. It will feel sticky in higher concentration so I apply NIA 24 SSC over tthe serum. I have to say my skin has always had good clarity, but now it is near flawless. A few weeks ago my dermatologist asked me to remove my makeup before zapping two small spider veins. I was not wearing any makeup. That may speak volumes to the serum. No irritation, dryness or burning like with other L Ascorbic type products. If you have any reservations, you can purchase the two week sample size. This is the only product in her line that has worked for me so far. Will make spelling and other corrections later....keyboard acting up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Mittenzzs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh my God this stuff is amazing. I used it on marks left from pimples and it has lightened them so much and hasn't caused any breakouts at all. Of course it's still important to use sunscreen while using this as well. I'm so glad I bought this product. The only downside is it's kind of expensive for a full bottle so I just get the samples that cost about $9.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by janaesso

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of C15 with an order just to try it out. I used it on one side of my face feeling I would be able to see any difference easily. I used it daily mixed in with either my moisturizer or vitaman E oil. Within a week I thought I was seeing things, my normal puffy under eyes were less puffy on the eye I was using the C15 serum. Didn't expect that at all. My fine lines were reduced, skin was looking far less dull and firmer. After another week of use on only one side of my face you could really tell my treated side looked better and brighter, puffiness all but gone!

I really love this product though due to shipping, exchange, duty and taxes bringing it into Canada it does add up to be a bit expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I got a free sample of this when I was stocking up on my regular PC moisturizer and toner. I started using it slowly as I have acne prone skin and was concerned it might cause a breakout. I started using it every other night and then after the first week I went to every night. After three weeks of use I started seeing a noticeable difference in my skin, my hyper-pigmentation was starting to fade and some recent redness/marks left from a few TOTM zits were also quickly fading. I then started using it on my SO's sun spots at night. After another 2 weeks of using it myself and applying it to my SO's sun spots I placed an order for a full bottle which, with a 20% off coupon, came to a little over $30. I now fill up my sample bottle as needed and keep the full-sized bottle in the fridge as this will keep the vitamin-c stable longer. Both my SO and myself have noticed really great results using this, I feel silly that it's taken me this long to realize the benefits of a high-concentrate vitamin c product. My skin looks SO much better, I've been wearing a lot less concealer and foundation, and my SO is shocked by the amount of fading he has seen with his 2 sun spots and a red splotch that have been getting worse for the last 5 years. I do not have any sun spots thankfully because I use retin-a at night, an antioxidant moisturizer, and regular sunscreen during the day, only a lot of red-ness and a splotchy skin tone. My SO on the other hand will only put sunsreen on his sun spots, I have argued with him for years about preventative measures but he won't listen. Instead he occasionally buys some drugstore lightening product with an aha and non-prescription strength hydroquininone, but he's terrible with applying it regularly. I applied this c15 to his sun spots the first few weeks and now he's so happy with the results he's actually applying it himself which is nothing short of a miracle. I'm trying to get him to apply it EVERYWHERE, but one step at a time I guess.

I can't say enough good things about this product, it is effective and affordable, at the rate I'm going, using 3-4 drops per day for myself and about 2 drops for my SO it will probably last 3+ months. It really is the most affordable high-concentration vitamin c booster on the market, even at full price.

It can be a bit sensitizing but as long as I mix it with a good moisturizer or serum *I don't notice much sensitivity. I definitely recommend ordering a sample size to try out, it says it's a 2-week sample but i got much more than 2 weeks from it. This truly is an HG product for me, I don't ever want to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Shiahyr

Wow, definitely a HG product for me. I used a couple of serums by Paula’s Choice, but I did not notice any changes in my skin so I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one. The consistency is very watery/liquidy, so you can mix it with your current Paula’s Choice serum. I personally use a toner (Paula’s Choice), then exfoliate (5% or 8% AHA by Paula’s Choice), then C15 Booster, then Olay Regenerists serum on top of that, eye cream (Regenerist), and finally moisturizer with sunscreen spf 50 (regenerist). I think that the C15 Booster has really made a difference in my skin, providing an overall brightening effect, and making the skin a little better. I did not notice that red/brown spots from acne were significantly faded but it does help with the overall complexion. I read a bit online and saw a lot of good write-ups on vitamin C. BTW, notice that vitamin c is not the most stable vitamin in a liquid form so don’t keep it around for months and month because it will oxidize, so within 1.5-3 months you will need to re-supply.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by amypenner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic Vitamin C serum!! For a while, I was making my own serum which worked well, but you do have to keep it in the fridge, and remake it quite often, which I tended to neglect, particularly after a late night out (which is when I needed it the most!). This product provides me with a happy medium, as it is not very expensive (compared to other serums of this type) and you can apply it after a late night, ensuring you wake up looking much fresher than you would normally.

It only lasts 3 months which, although a bit frustrating if you have wasted product, it is a testament to the fact that Vitamin C oxidises very quickly, so any Vitamin C product you have that lasts longer either is no longer potent (Vitamin C long gone) or it has lots of preservatives.

Overall, every night that I use this product, I wake up with skin that looks much fresher than when I use other products (I switch between this, and a number of AHA products to manage my oily skin)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this serum based on the near universal glowing reviews. Honestly, I don't get the hype. This serum isn't awful. In fact, it isn't anything. It didn't affect my skin in a positive or negative way.

This was my first Paula's Choice product. I got this serum along with the Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum in a package deal for a reduced price on the Paula's Choice website. The service was decent enough but I found that the Skin Balancing Serum was a bust. I put that aside and used the Super Boost serum in the morning after washing because I use Neostrata moistuizer and night and, evidently, using vitamin c with glycolic acid is a no no. I used this for a full month with no results. Then I figured I wasn't using it enough so I nixed my Neostrata and started using this twice a day. I'm thankful I didn't break out but I also didn't see any brightening, reduction of brown marks or anything change in my skin. I like the way the serum feels meaning it's not sticky or goopy and doesn't muck up any moisturizer or makeup I put on top. I've used a few vitamin c serums/moisturizers in the past that did impart some brightening so I'm not sure what's up with this serum. I'm likely going to finish the bottle because it's there and it doesn't seem to be harming my skin. I don't know if I'd recommend this to others. I think a homemade vitamin c serum might work better and it would certainly be more cost efficent. Again, this serum isn't terrible and I didn't experience any adverse affects, it just didn't seem to do much of anything.

The odd part about this purchase isn't so much the lackluster results but the reaction I got from the Paula's Choice website. As with almost every product I use, I decided to leave a review on their site. The Paula's Choice website is nearly full of five star, terse reviews and there's a reason for this. For one, the amount of characters (or letters) you're able to use is something like 300. That's about a short paragraph and, if you're wordy like me, impossible to work with. Second, the folks at Paula's Choice vet all the reviews before they're posted. That's fine and dandy because spamming and fake reviews are irritating but I discovered they don't post reviews that aren't positive. I wasn't thrilled with the Skin Balancing Serum and said as much but I didn't rail against it or the Super Booster. About a day after I submitted my review, a customer service rep contacted me via email and asked me why I didn't like the Skin Balancing Serum. I told him why and also detailed that it feels like silcone-y chalk, made me break out and I simply didn't like it. He sent an email or two aruging this point as there are supposedly no pore clogging ingredients in the serum and asked me if I was sure I broke out because of the serum. I stopped answering after that because frankly, I'm not going to defend the fact that I didn't like a product nor am I going to change my mind because someone said that a product couldn't possible cause me to break out. I know my skin and I know what new product I introduced to it. I tried the serum at various times and each time, I got a pimple. It's not rocket science. The customer service care rep sent a few more emails trying to get me to change my mind (which went unanswered) and then refunded the full amount for both products which I didn't ask for. That's generous of them because I wasn't seeking a refund but I also noted they didn't post my review.

I can't say this practice is shady because I did get my money back on products I didn't care for and wasn't asked to return the products but I find the lack of objective reviews on that site to be questionable. I suppose they're running on the "We Want Happy Customers Only" idea which is fine but I'd advise anyone who is thinking about buying from the site to read the reviews elsewhere before buying.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This caused my skin to break out. I believe the trigger ingredient was castor oil. My skin stopped breaking out & healed as soon as I stopped using this product. Returning for a refund. Would not repurchase.

The packaging is nice. The product is a nice consistency that spreads easily on the skin & absorbs well. The price is fair, imo. Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me as I have very acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this serum! It's watery with no slip or greasy feeling and smells exactly like Vitamin C vitamin pills. I put a few drops directly on my face, follow with my AHA or BHA, then my moisturizer/sunscreen. My skin looks fresher and brighter after a week or so of using this. It's cheaper than Estée Lauder serums, and you only need a few drops so the $45 bottle should last a couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently found Paula's Choice and am so pleased with all of her products. My dermatologist even commented on how radiant and smooth my skin looks since I started using this and other skin care products. I typically mix this with my moisturizer and apply. I look 10 years younger after using this for a month. Honestly this is the best i have used and i have tried many skin care lines from high end (Chanel, Estee Lauder,Perricone, Dermalogica, Murad, Shiseido etc.) to drugstore items my dermatologist recommended. If it doesn't work for you I am sorry but this has been a lifesaver for my face!!!