July 24, 2014 | 2199 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST C15 Super Booster

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Nikiya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this booster for around four weeks, and have not noticed much difference. I would not mind going on using it, but this is the MOST user unfriendly product I have ever tried, It comes in a small bottle with a tight fitting dropper. It dries so fast you need to spread it quickly. However, inserting the dropper again is tricky and the bottle is small enough to be easily knocked over. That ended up happening and more than half of this expensive product ended up improving my furniture.
I had read wonderful reviews and I am surprised nobody mentioned the awkward presentation and consistency before. I am not buying again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the 2nd Vit C serum I've tried. I got really great results with Kiehl's Clearly Corrective (Vit C serum) and decided to try PC's because I trust her brand but unfortunately the C15 did nothing for me. I didn't get any visible results from this. At first, I was mixing it into my Estee Lauder night serum and not getting results so then I started using it alone, still without results. I was using about 4-5 drops all over my face 2 times a day. With the Kiehl's vitamin C serum, I saw obvious results and it made my skin look so radiant and even healed some pitted acne scars I had so I kind of expected the same from this. The C15 oxidized and turned yellow-tinged after about 3.5 months. Also, it smells a little bit like bacon. It's funny because PC products are either a hit or miss for me, and the hits are all HG products. This one's a miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot use this all over because it does tend to turn my face red and it doesn't settle down until I wash it off. It is also pretty oily going on.

I will keep purchasing the sample sizes though because I use this around and under my eye area because I believe it helps my dark eye circles and brightens that area up a little bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read Paula's book about skincare. I was totally convinced by her. I ended up purchasing two of her products: C 15 and the BHA 2% liquid. The BHA 2% liquid is fine, but I guess it is too harsh for me. Everytime I used it, I can see redness immediately around my nose area. So I can not choose but abandon using that.
The C 15 is just such a disaster for me! It is greasy and oily no matter how long I wait for it to dry before apply my other skincare routine and foundation! What is worse, it cause me break out! All those tiny tiny red bumps under my skin after three to four days usage of it! Imaging you are expecting smooth and radiant skin the next morning, only end up getting redness and bumpiness around your nose and forehand area! It is such a nightmare. I am still working to kill these under-skin-pimples !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive, oily skin which loves to clog, get seborrheic dermatitis etc. This serum actually seems to help my skin function better, less sensitive, less oil and no clogs. And I love the effect on my skin tone! I use this in the morning, under sunscreen. I use the AHA or BHA every 2nd night, and cannot use the Vit C serum and exfoliant together, too ouchy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell for the hype and purchased it. It's done absolutely nothing for my skin. In fact, I've been getting a better result from her serums by using them alone. Perhaps if it was reformulated to be a simple but effective, stand-alone C serum (or had its ascorbic acid concentration raised to 20%) it would be more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Claudia2014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really enjoying this product. I have acne probe sensitive skin and I have really noticed a difference since I started using this. My skin seems to glow and it's visibly smoother. I use this in conjunction with the PC resist serum

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by tealeafy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I regret buying this product full size.

After years of glycolic acid abuse, my skin has become completely crazy. It is dry and oily at the same time, and the harsh Canadian winter didn't help.
Since my skin has become so sensitive to AHA, I turned to vitamin C, in the hope of regaining that glowing skin I had up thanks to my Mene & Moy potions. Alas, even though it does make my skin glow in the short term (a day), it also infuses it with tiny pimples (due to the irritation I guess). I've tried twice weekly, weekly, daily applications, and the result is still the same : pimples on my cheeks, forehead and chin. And it also tends to fire up my eczema...

I have used very little of the bottle, and you're supposed to use it up within a few months.
Another fistful of dollars down the drain...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this is it so so good. I use Retin-A micro and use this at night after an exfoliating toner and have had no reactions. Paula's website indicates the formula can oxidize and turn yellow after about 3 months due to inevitable air exposure. I use almost a full pipette of this nightly and it lasts me about 3 months. The first bottle I had oxidized near the end but the second one I finished off with no issues. I don't use this sparingly on the least. I apply the Retin-A over it and then my moisturizer. It doesn't make me sensitive at all. There is a sample size available, highly recommend trying it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 yellow toned skin, old acne marks and discoloration to fade.

Tried Skinceuticals (2 kinds) and Ole H C serums, whose formulations seem to break me out. My only other comparisons for PC, and the first few weeks, I seemed to notice brightening effects and then just a flatline on progress for the remaining 2-3m it took me to finish the bottle.

Moving on to try the Haba White Lady C serum that everyone is raving about recently.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No