Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (thickener), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

on 3/23/2015 2:55:00 PM

This product made my face feel like I had the worst sunburn ever. It was swollen and red for 3 days after the only time I ever used it. NEVER again. I am going back to Murads C products.

on 3/21/2015 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a believer, this stuff rocks and my skin has never looked better. I have used several C serums and made my own. It is a bit pricey, about on par with Ole Henricksen Truth Serum, but not nearly as spendy as Skinceuticals. Paulas Choice C15 is quite thin and watery compared to other C serums, but it does such a great job it can be overlooked. My skin is much brighter, smoother, and healthy looking. I apply daily in the morning before sunscreen and after a few weeks my skin looks dramatically better. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 3/2/2015 3:21:00 AM

Pros - Mild to moderate brightening of the skin

Cons - Whoa, expensive! Also, it doesn't last long - so if you're not sure you're going to use it religiously, don't bother. You won't get through the bottle before it breaks down and becomes useless.

Instead, I am using their new 25% Vitamin C spot treatment. It's more expensive, but here's the thing - you don't have to use nearly as much. In fact, I only buy the sample size (19$).

The 25% spot treatment is stronger, more effective, and I enjoy the lotion texture compared to this product's watery texture.

on 2/24/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I like paula's choice products, have several of them in my skincare routine. Unfortunately not this. I bought into the hype and purchased this during the sale for $45, usual price it retails for $65 I believe. The first few times I applied it, it seemed like a miracle and brightened my skin giving it a glow. I was really wowed and thought finally something that can rejuvenate my dull skin. However after the first couple of times, the effect seemed to have diminished and whether I apply this or not doesn't make a difference to my skin.

It probably works better on someone who needs help in fading acne scars or marks but I typically have clear skin, just dullness and dryness so this didn't help.

Not repurchasing, the good point though. I did not break out.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Just ran out of my second bottle and was incredibly sad. I typically don't try Vitamin C products because I'm more concerned with fine lines and pores than I am pigmentation. However PC anything, I will try at least once. I was pleasantly surprised with this, it stung a little bit, as many active products do, but I was able to tolerate twice daily application when mixing it with face oils. I eventually started applying it around my eye area too, which is when I truly fell in love. When using this at night, I woke up looking way more rested, the skin looked firmer, less puffy and fine lines were definitely minimized.
Definite repurchase.

on 2/8/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I like this product because it's a booster and can be used mixed with all my other products (as those of you who read my reviews know, I am a product junkie).

This is a combination of 15% stabilized vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid), antioxidant vitamin E, ferulic acid, and peptides. It claims to repair visible signs of aging and stimulate collagen production for smoother, brighter, and firmer skin. I like the combo of C and ferulic acid and it does seems to lighten and smooth skin quite well. As a prior reviewer reccommended I am storing it in a tempurature controlled drawer because one bottle lasts up to 90 days and I want to keep it fresh.

on 12/28/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Yawn: another Vitamin C miracle snake oil !!!
I didn't expect much to begin with but PC has a good return policy from my previous experience. and so I placed one in my order.
In fact, they made a mistake and end up sending me 2 for the price of 1.

I've been using it under my night cream for a couple of months now, and recently I found my foundation looks heavy & rather unnatural looking (for a man). In fact, I still used the same fdn. routine as usual, what happed was my skin has got much better that a tinted moisturizer will do, and no concealer. The only difference is using this product and Forma treatment from the dermatologist. But I gave credit to this product because Forma is just a firming treatment, it does not brighten or lighten dark spots.
I have 2 dark spots on my lower lip that looks like its dotted on by eyebrow pencil, now it is more like a light taupe colour.
I like this more than the Ester C-15 by Perricone, and the price is easier to swallow too.

on 12/21/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The C15 booster is a holy grail product! I've been using this serum since the beginning of August and I am on my third bottle! The price is steep, however, using discount codes allows me to purchase it. I refrigerate my bottle because it slows down oxidation. My second bottle was still clear after 2 1/2 months, usually the time when it turns yellow, orange, and then brown rendering it useless. The C15 booster smells like hot dog, when you refrigerate it, the smell goes away. I use 4-5 drops of the serum every night, after cleansing my face with Paula's Choice hydralight and moisture boost or CeraVe foaming.

Now, on to the performance of the serum. Back in August, I had many acne scars which wouldn't budge after several months of them being present. After using the serum for a few months, I noticed the acne scars fading. To accelerate the results, I began to use the serum straight after washing my face. I used to use it after applying the Hada Labo arbutin lotion (aka toner) but I guess using it slowed down the effect of the C15. Now, many acne scars have faded! My face looks very clear and some people ask me what I do to my skin to make it look that way. I also had a tanned forehead and chin from sun damage, the hyper-pigmented areas have lightened up making my skin look more even. Now when I get any pimples, I'm not scared of their scar because I know my C15 booster will fade them quickly.

I think most people will benefit from using antioxidant serums. Antioxidants can boost your sunscreen's protectiveness. You must wear sunscreen when you're out or else your efforts will be futile. I use the Biore uv watery essence sunscreen spf 50 pa +++ and apply 1/4 tsp to get the advertised spf 50 and pa +++.

I plan to use the C15 booster for as long as I can :D

on 12/7/2014 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love this! I really see a difference in the clarity of my skin with regular use. I use this straight up in the morning before moisturizer...I don;t mix with another product/serum like it states to do in the instructions. It does have a smell to it like some other vitamin C products (faintly like hot dogs). And the packaging is not the best as there is some leakage sometimes off the top when dispensing the product, but all and all I'm pretty happy with it.

on 11/25/2014 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Due to the price of this, I only got a reduced size, sort of like a luxury sample containing enough to last me about a month. After about a weeks use I noticed my skin was getting patchy and uneven. I discontinued and my skin cleared up and went back to normal. I then tried two more times to use it for a week or so, but again my skin went patchy. It didn't break me out, it just messed with my skin's balance in a way that made it look less healthy.

Popular Treatments (Face)