Paula's Choice RESIST C15 Super Booster

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (emulsifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (thickener), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (cell-communicating ingredient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

To begin, the first good thing about this booster is how many different ways it can be used. You can either apply it directly to your face, add it to a serum, add it to a moisturizer, or add it to a mask. My personal favorite way is to apply it directly onto the face. I have issues with adult acne at 22 and have numerous old acne scars, especially on my chin due to hormonal acne. This booster is full of vitamin C (super concentrate) which helps fads spots. I have been using this for about a month and it has done wonders for my skin.
Not only are my acne scars fading (it is gradual because I have had them for years) but my genera complexion is much brighter and clearer. So not only does it target dark spots, it also helps with little spots all over.
The packaging is quite nice as well. It comes in a glass bottle with a little stopper on the inside. The concept is that you twist it whenever you close it until you here a click. This is to stop oxidization and keep the product as fresh and effective for as long as possible. This is super smart and I wish all companies would do this (we all have products that have gone bad).

In conclusion, definitely try this!

If you are hesitating about the price, here is a code for 10$ off:

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

PROS
-dries ultra fast
-non-greasy, water light texture
-brightens overall skin tone
-effective for light hyperpigmentation. Not very effective for very dark spots. Sunscreen must be worn daily in order for product to work at maximum effectiveness.

CONS
-only lasts 2.5 months with daily use
-can oxidize quickly, depending on the bottle. I’ve had 1 bottle that stayed clear for over 2 months. Another bottle started darkening quickly after a 3 weeks.
-Overpriced. Always get it at a discount if you can. Feel free to use my referral link for $10 off. http://goo.gl/JmDwaq

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm 46 and began using Paula's Choice a few years ago. It is the best group of products I've used as it keeps my somewhat oily skin clear but without over drying it.

I really liked this vitamin c product, which I used after cleansing, toning and exfoliating.

This summer I decided to switch to a cheaper product sold by Amazon, which got great reviews. After using it for a few months, I'm back to Paula's Choice as it just didn't seem to brighten my skin as much.

Feel free to use this code: http://goo.gl/ZBGQF4 if you order from the Paula's Choice website. You get $10 off your first PC order, and I get $10 off my next one.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I purchase the sample of this for $9 (!), and I adored it! I would mix it into my moisturizer and then apply it on my entire face, under my eyes, and down my neck. It helped my moisturizer soak in a lot faster, but if certain parts of my face needed serious moisture I found that that I needed to apply more moisturizer on top of this stuff. If you apply it alone without mixing it with another product, it still performs really well, and over the few weeks of using the sample (which is quite some time for how small it was), my skin really seemed to be bright and dewy when I woke up.

The biggest downside of this product is the price, though! $50 for a product that is guaranteed to only last you for 3 months? No thank you. I'd recommend getting the sample first and seeing if this is life-changing enough for you swallow the price. I don't think this was enough of a boost for me to permanently add it to my skin care routine, but I might purchase another sample at some point if I feel my skin needs it (especially during these Texas winters!) If you want to make the price a little less jaw-dropping, you can get it for $38 with this link: http://goo.gl/mlJdKK Hopefully that'll help out those of you who are a bit more hesitant because, without the price, this product performed so beautifully!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know if this works because I could not get past the smell of this product which does not diminish over time. I am new to vitamin c products and so far the only one I have liked is the full size sample I got of Exuviance which is a powder you add to your moisturizer. It is exorbitantly priced so when I run out I am going to explore powdered vitamin c at whole foods.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4
Price: 4 ($48 USD)
Packaging: 3
Buy again: Yes (But really I would say "maybe")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this serum about a month ago after I was noticing my skin was looking a little dull and lacklustre. Also, with the weather warming up here in Toronto, ON, I noticed my freckles were becoming darker and more numerous, so I got this in hopes of lightening them up just a little (I'm not so disillusioned to think that something will rid me of them entirely). For reference I am in my late 20s, asian, with NC30-ish olive, acne-prone skin.

Product:
This product is an antioxidant serum containing 15% Vitamin C, vitamin E, ferulic acid, and peptides. It says you can use it alone, or with your other serums/skincare to protect skin from environmental damage, and stimulate collagen production for smoother, brighter, and firmer skin.

It's a thin, almost watery, clear fluid. It has a slightly smokey smell, but it isn't altogether unpleasant - I just wear mine at night. It can have a slightly tacky or sticky feel if you use too much, so stick with the 2-4 drops for the face, rather than using several dropper-fuls as you might be tempted to use. I sometimes use it alone (focusing on any specific areas rather than full face) or with the Resist Ultra-Light antioxidant serum (for the full face).

Packaging:
This product comes in an orange glass dropper-style bottle. It has a special stopper in the neck of the bottle to prevent a lot of air coming in, which can oxidize the product (hence why some people experience the colour change) and ruin the effectiveness. After reading many reviews I decided to put a small amount of the product in an empty glass dropper bottle for my use and keep the rest in the fridge. This helps to keep the majority of the product fresher for longer, so you can actually use the whole bottle.

The dropper style dispensing, while a little tricky, is probably the best way to use this product since it's so thin and runny (A pump wouldn't work at all).

Results:
I don't use it every single day because I'm worried my skin will get used to it and then it won't work anymore, but I use it a few times a week. I've noticed that after a few uses my skin does look brighter and healthier, and it did help to fade post-inflammatory acne marks (along with sunscreen). I don't have wrinkles or anything yet, so I can't speak to the collagen boosting benefits.

I will note that initially when I got it I used a lot of product on bare skin, and I started to break out in numerous little tiny breakouts. When I cut back to a few drops, my skin got better and the breakouts stopped - so don't go overboard!

Final Thoughts:
It's a nice product to have, but not a necessity. If you aren't sure about buying it, you can always try the other serums that Paula has on her site - they are pretty good too, and until you're sure you want to spend the big bucks on this serum, they are worth the money and affordable, and user friendly. I will have to use up the rest of this product before I'm sure I want to repurchase.

Meh. I have used the entire sample and it has done nothing for my skin. The texture is a problem as it is hard to apply. It needs more slip, I don't want to manhandle my face to get an even application of product! Back to the lab Paula. Full disclosure- I used the Skinceuticals serum this product copied and I liked it even less! More expensive, God-awful aroma, and most damning- no beneficial effects. Perhaps some people don't respond to topical vitamin C because I have yet to experience any improvement in tone or texture from this product category after >10 years of trying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At first I balked at the price - $48 dollars is a lot for me to spend, and most of the Paula's Choice products cost less than this. But then I saw a similar product that SkinCeuticals offers for $162, and then this didn't seem so bad. The percentages of C, E, and ferulic acid are the same, and this one costs less.

The product can be used alone but the instructions say you can add it to another moisturizer. It does have a very light scent but to me it smells like crushed up vitamin C tablets, and nothing more offensive than that. If you add a masking fragrance to a product, you risk irritating the skin.

I am able to use this without irritation, but I don't use a ton of it at once. It is strong. I avoided it completely when I had a bad reaction to another product that contained menthol. You should sample it before buying if you have rosacea or eczema or any inflammatory condition, because it might be too much for you. The dropper makes it easy to overdose.

I use 3 or 4 drops, which is plenty. You really only need 1 or 2 drops. With regular use, I noticed my freckles fading and it seemed to improve texture.

I bought a second bottle because I did see improvement from the first bottle.

Another texture-improving product she has is RESIST Intensive Repair Cream. It's marketed to dry skin but makes a good night cream. Retinol is the active ingredient in that, and it only costs $29, so that might be an option for you if this product doesn't ring your bell.

I try not to go overboard applying several products to my face at once, because I can't. My face is sensitive. I don't use two retinol products together and I try not to use two acne-fighting products on the same day, etc. I don't use an AHA and a BHA on the same day. I'll use a cleanser, a toner, then a treatment or moisturizer. For daytime I use a sunscreen and foundation, but not applied over lots of creams. I save the moisturizers for night unless my skin feels dry or itchy, and my need for a gel or cream depends a lot on temperature and humidity.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this product didn't do anything for me. It came in a nice bottle, but that's about it. It smelled horrible and I am 99.9% of the time not offended by smells in skincare products. It reminded me of the smell of a sewer. This did nothing for me and might as well been putting plain water on my face. Actually, just water alone would have been better. I used the Paula's Choice Resist line exclusively for 6 months. It just dried out my skin even more and made it look so dull. The items I used were: Resist C15 Super Booster, Resist Cellular Day Moisturizer with spf 25, Resist Non-Greasy Moisturizer, Resist Wrinkle Repair Retinol serum, Skin Perfecting 2% BHA, Resist Toner, Resist Cleanser, Resist Foundation, Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment 5% AHA, Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA. With all of this, I not only saw no results, my skin looked worse. I like to enjoy my skincare. That is huge for me. These products bored me. I ended up throwing what wasn't used up in the garbage after giving it a good 6 months. In summary, they were so boring and ineffective. Fortunately, I am using new (NON-Paula's Choice) products now that have made a huge difference. I am enjoying my skincare routine again!

Helps giving a radiant on my face. The smell is a bit off but whatevs this product is good.