July 26, 2014 | 1922 users online

Eyes - Blinc - Kiss Me Mascara Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dancerwannabe

As a contact lense wearer looking for a flake free mascara, I kept coming across reviews about how great this mascara is but the price kept me from buying it. After reading so many reviews about how great Blinc is I finally decided to give it a try. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it has been a pretty big disappointment. t looks nice enough when you put it on - nothing special but a nice natural look. The real problem is that by the end of the day I have little bits of mascara under my eyes. It also doesn't hold curl for very long.

To be fair - I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't flake or smudge on me so maybe it's me. I don't know if I'm rubbing my eyes without realizing it but I'm pretty sure I'm not:-P. The other variable is that mine came as part of a holiday kit Blinc put out this year so maybe they used older mascaras for their kits. Still - if that's the case they definitely lost a potential customer here.

Also, FYI L'oreal makes a tubing mascara that's about a quarter of the price and you can find in most drugstores. There's just no justifying the price of this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product and makes the Blinc mascara that I already love even better. This primer makes my lashes look really long and the mascara goes on smoothly. Can't live without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by jenpixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Blinc's mascara primer claims to 'condition, strengthen, volumize', and in my experience it was a bit of a let down.

As an eyelash conditioner, it was just alright. Not the best, not the worst, just alright. I did notice increased softness, but no fewer eyelashes fell out than usual, and 18 seems like a lot for a so-so conditioner when I could use a number of different plant-based oils instead. Although this can also be used as a brow set, which I suppose increases its value slightly.

As a mascara primer, again, it was alright, nothing more. Contrary to its volumising claim, I didn't notice any substantial thickening effect, but rather a lengthening effect. However it dropped my curl immediately and caused clumps if I wasn't really careful. I found it worked best with one really light coat, even though the leaflet that came with it said that it could be layered repeatedly for more volume. Yeah, if more volume means major clumps. Which it doesn't, for me anyway. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by MiaMoore

When using it under the Kiss Me mascara, this does give a little volume and length, but it also gives a lot of clumps, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mmmgonzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a swap and am so pleasantly suprised. The Kiss Me mascara on it's own is ok, it gives some color, makes my lashes look darker but not really more impressive or longer. When I curl my lashes, use the primer, then the mascara the difference is amazing. This really enhances the Kiss Me Mascara, which I like to use due to it's tubing effect (no racoon eyes after washing my face!)

In the process of trying to find a backup :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by miyoshi637

A little strange for me. It makes your lashes white and doesn't really do anything. It sometimes separated my eyelashes nicely and sometimes it didn't. It kind of made them look fuller. But I'll just stick with the Blinc Mascara by itself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by brasscupcakes

This is a such a lovely mascara primer, I would give it a 5, but for the fact that it does not work with Kiss Mascara, which was why I bought two tubes at once, figuring it would add a little oomph to a mascara that never ever ever bothers my sensitive eyes but doesn't do much for my lashes, sadly.

Not. This primer does make all other mascaras look a lot better. And it really does feel good on your lashes, and may even be good for them. It just doesn't do much for Kiss Me coated lashes besides make them clumpy.

So I probably won't buy again, as I don't necessarily need primer with most mascaras, only Kiss. (plus I wouldn't need to -- there is a huge amount in these tubes and I don't toss mine after three months, I steam them, open, wand separated from the tube, over a vegetable steamer basket to re-sterilize). Worth buying to use with other mascaras if you feel you need a primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, this product is called Blinc Lash Primer. Just wanted to sort that out. Perhaps they changed the product name?

I love this primer! Originally, I purchased it to use it at night to condition my lashes, as I tint my lashes and noticed they were falling out and looking ragged lately. Sure enough, my lashes ceased to fall out and began to feel silky, thanks to the oils, protein, vitamin b5 (panthenol) and sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid). I love it so much, I started to use the lash primer in the morning, too. Though it can go on a bit white, it dries clear.

As my semipermanent lash tint was fading, I decided to apply mascara over the primer in the morning (Clinique Naturally Glossy). Wow! I didn't expect the primer to work so well under mascara, but it does! My lashes are naturally long, but lack volume - that is, when I don't use this primer. With the primer and a coat or two of mascara, my lashes are dark, long and voluminous. I'm in love!

I'll definitely repurchase to use as a conditioning treatment *and* as a primer under mascara. Unlike other primers/treatments, this doesn't contain drying alcohols or other ingredients (botanicals, fragrance, etc.) that may irritate my sensitive eyes. It would be ideal if there were no preservatives, but since this goes near your eyes, there's no getting around them.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Panthenol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carnauba Wax, Bht, Kukui Nut Oil, Macademia Nut Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Polybutene, Mineral Oil, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Amy_28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have friends who have used this and it had no staying power, but I LOVE IT!!!! It doesn't come off until I take it off. These friends of mine have very oily skin, perhaps they have oily lashes? The directions do advise that you apply the mascara prior to applting any moisturizer and ensure the lashes are comepletly dry.

It doesn't clump, makes my lashes look gorgeous and stays on all day long, and then some.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Hmmm... interesting reviews below. Anyway, I like this product and have been using it for about a year together with my beloved Blin Kiss Me mascara. The mascara on its own gives me a very natural, "my lashes but better" look; however, when paired with this primer, I get a much more dramatic, "look at my lashes" look. Works well enough for me. No clumping, easy application.

For those below who left reviews using this to promote "lash growth" well, that's just silly! Lashes grow from the inside-out... just like the hair on your head. The only thing a primer has the ability to do is slightly thicken the diamter of the existing lash prior to mascara application, which in turn makes for a thicker looking lash.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No