Revlon Super Lustrous Berry Allure

4.8

on 5/27/2015 12:07:00 PM

I actually had been eyeballing this gloss for a while, and found it on clearance at Walgreens, which makes me think it's being discontinued. That would be a shame, too, because it's such a pretty color. In the tube it looks like a very bright berry that leans purple, but on the lips it's more muted. In some ways I wish it did have a touch more pigment, but the way it is, it's more wearable and natural, which is good in itself.
I normally don't care for lipgloss, but I like this formula. It's got a touch of that stickiness, but it's more a moisturizing feel, and it feels nice on the lips, too. There's no strong scent or flavor, either. (Actually I detect no scent, and no real flavor, though I'm not really a lip licker, either.)
One oddity, and maybe it's just a fluke, but it looks like the tube wasn't all the way filled, like there's an air bubble in it, though it was sealed when I bought it. (Other Revlon glosses I have from the same line don't have that.) I'm guessing it's some factory glitch, and I still got it for a great price, so I won't complain. It's just a bit odd is all.

on 1/8/2014 10:50:00 AM

Do not be fooled by how dark & vampy this looks in the tube. It turns into a very wearable, soft neutral berry on the lips. If like me you thought, "I am not buying a berry color now, it is almost spring...that is too fall-ish", think again. It is like a soft flush on your lips. It has a beautiful balance of purple & pink, of course skewing a hair on the purple side because it is a berry. But so, so easy to wear. I tried this on when I bought it, then ran into a friend on the way to the gym, she kept gushing about how pretty & cute I looked (the only thing different on my unwashed body, with my dirty hair, was this lipgloss). That kind of clinched the awesomeness of this shade. I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes. Repeat it is not that dark on, it is a very soft all year round muted berry toned perfection. Just try it. It is awesome.

on 11/19/2013 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm obsessed with this lip gloss and I'm not a lip gloss girl at all. You can wear it on its own but I think its best over another lip product. Even though it looks really dark in the tube the colour is quite sheered out when you apply it. So, on it's own its quite blah. However, on top of another lip product its amazing. It really finishes off a lip stick or lip stain. It deepens whatever lip colour you've got on and adds a beautiful shine. Best for girls with dark hair and those who love wearable deep berry lips.

on 9/13/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have tried 4 of the new super lustrous lipglosses. This is the best. The texture is an amazing gel that is so smooth and so even and easy to use. Some of the others were really streaky (kiss me coral was sooo bad, I had to return it based on texture alone). The color is fabulous. It looks scary and dark in the tube, but it's sheer enough that it's fine, even on my super white face. It's a classic berry shade, very fall/winter. It is a little pricy for the amount in a drugstore lipgloss. It's $8 for only 0.13 oz so it's smaller than a MAC lipgloss (0.17 oz). It's also smaller than the original Revlon super lustrous (0.2 oz). Also for reference, NYX butter glosses are $5 for 0.23 oz. So overall, it's still not a bad price, just realize you are getting less product than you think. Overall, I love it and get it on sale!!

Popular Lip Glosses