Charlotte Tilbury Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black

3.8

Isododecane, Sythetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polybutene, Glyceryl Tribehenate/Isostearate/Eicosandioate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pearl Powder (Margarita Powder), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Copernicia Cerifera Cera), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mica (CI 77019) [May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 2/12/2015 11:00:00 PM

I am not an eye pencil person. I have unsteady hands and it drives me crazy when I can't make a straight thin line. I therefore prefer to apply gel liners like Shiseido's Gel Liner with a great eyeliner brush, like Make Up Forever's 172, because I have a better chance of getting a straight line that way with my unsteady hand. What is great about Charlotte Tilbury's Rock n Kohl liner is that it is so creamy and pigmented that someone as uncoordinated as myself can draw something mimicking a refined straight line. It sets and stays put about in about 30-60 seconds. It will stay that way until you use an oil-based eye makeup remover or wipe to take it off. I cannot speak to how well it stays put on the waterline because I personally don't feel comfortable drawing lines there. I like my lines to be thin and airtight right above my lashes. I feel good when it's a paper thin line with no apparent eyelid space between the line and the lashes.

I have to admit my OCD with precise lines has made me hesitant to fully embrace a pencil, even one as good as this. I can say it is probably one of the best formulated pencils you will find out there.

I hope the Charlotte Tilbury line will come out with a gel liner in a pot or palette for obsessive compulsive people like myself with the same or similar formula to the gel in this pencil liner. There're great colors in the eye pencil but I won't be buying them all because I don't feel confident I can get the same line with pencil application versus pot and liner brush application. If that's not in the cards, maybe Shiseido can finally come out with additional gel liners on top of the black and chocolate brown ones they have already. Shiseido has the best pot formula in my opinion but sometimes I want to line my eyes in fun pop colors other than standard black and brown. Oh I just can't have it all here :(

on 12/4/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is an awesome pencil. It's fast and easy to apply a very even, intense line that comes off looking like a liquid/gel. Very highly pigmented. It doesn't budge or smudge all day. It needs a special sharpener which Charlotte sells for $7 and Nars has the same type but I have no idea about Nars' price. I've used what seems like a million eye liners and this one is the creme de la creme.

on 9/27/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is almost a cut and paste mostly from my other review(s), cause I've had the same experience with all the shades I bought. I first bought this in barbarella Brown and loved it so much I bought all the other shades when they came out. If more shades come out I'll buy them too!

You have some time to work with it, then it sets and doesn't move (even on my waterline). If I'm wearing a cat eye liner where I want super sharp flicks I still use gel or liquid, but for a softer cat eye, or general liner or smoking out I use these.

since I bought these I haven't used my gels on my waterline, and I haven't used any other pencil. for waterline this stays better than Mac feline, powerpoint or ud 24/7.

This is a true black.

on 8/10/2014 7:09:00 AM

I'm looking for a liner that I can use in the waterline. Their marketing seems to claim that this is the ultimate eye liner. However I still end up with smudges in a few hours, even when I don't use it on my waterline. It still smudges after lining on my eyelids.
Pros:
Intense black color and glides easily
Cons:
Smudges after a couple hours, expensive, better no sharpening required
Mac Pearlglide and Marc Jacobs pencils are better

on 1/26/2014 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This pencil glides on skin like there is no tomorrow. This is my first pencil like that. However, in many of the reviews, it was said that the staying power is very strong but it is 50/50 for me. I have a semi oily-semi dry skin, with of course, shiny T zone by the end of the day. I like to use this to draw a feline flick line and inside my lower lid. Well the feline flick line tends to somehow smudge and after 3 hours the line or a inner lower eyelid is gone. I think I will try out Tom Ford after this and if it will do the same, I will return to CT one. It is still a very nice pencil.

I have also had it in brown color which I, as a dark brows owner would use on my eyebrows-just to slightly swipe and then smudge it. Now this is where it stayed all day long! Surely a puzzle.

on 9/30/2013 12:14:00 PM

Sorry, is she copying Kevin Aucoin? Because I wear KA has exactly the same liquid liner...

on 9/20/2013 11:27:00 AM

I just purchased her mascara which is lovely but expensive and you get 2ml less than most high end mascaras mascara was 22.00 and 30.00 for the blusher in ecstasy gorgeous colour but build able and soft although not as pigmented as I was expecting. I was expecting it to be luscious on par or on the way to Tom ford quality and texture but that's where Charlotte tilbury fails. The packaging is ok and not luxurious in feel or final touches. no detail.The price point belies the product shame it falls short for me. It doesn't even come close to matching the hype. Will stick to nars/Laura mercier and Tom ford.

Another update just purchased love glow finely milled lovely orgasm rip off, selfridges staff useless and unhelpful tried to convince me the beige blush was peach !!! I don't believe the hype with this brand I feel she's ripped off the better few conning people with Kate miss along the way. Geared toward a fairer skinned demographic . None if the images are of a female of colour and I've only found one or two tutorials where the model has been black. Poor show and wholly disappointing.

on 9/13/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a soft, very black pencil that sets quickly after application - I'd say it's pretty similar in texture and behaviour to my favourite Bobbi Brown Longwear Eye Pencil. Tilbury's signature look is the rock chick cat eye (think Kate Moss) and this is designed to help you recreate that. I have hooded lids, so can't do a lovely feline flick, but the clever makeup artist at the CT counter in Selfridges, London, showed me how to get a similar look, lining three-quarters of the upper lid on the outside and then going inside on the inner quarter, then using the pencil inside the waterline on the lower lid, and taking it out with a very small kick at the end. I do really like this pencil and it's fab for a smudgy, smoky eye, but am not convinced it's better than the BB one. On me, it slides a bit more and doesn't last quite as long on the waterline. But it's a great smoky eye pencil nonetheless - not for you if you want a hard, precise line though.