September 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Eyeliner - Charlotte Tilbury - Rock'n'Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is almost a cut and paste mostly from my other review(s), cause I've had the same experience with all the shades I bought. I first bought this in barbarella Brown and loved it so much I bought all the other shades when they came out. If more shades come out I'll buy them too!

You have some time to work with it, then it sets and doesn't move (even on my waterline). If I'm wearing a cat eye liner where I want super sharp flicks I still use gel or liquid, but for a softer cat eye, or general liner or smoking out I use these.

since I bought these I haven't used my gels on my waterline, and I haven't used any other pencil. for waterline this stays better than Mac feline, powerpoint or ud 24/7.

This is a true black.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by valngau

I'm looking for a liner that I can use in the waterline. Their marketing seems to claim that this is the ultimate eye liner. However I still end up with smudges in a few hours, even when I don't use it on my waterline. It still smudges after lining on my eyelids.
Pros:
Intense black color and glides easily
Cons:
Smudges after a couple hours, expensive, better no sharpening required
Mac Pearlglide and Marc Jacobs pencils are better

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by djkroo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pencil glides on skin like there is no tomorrow. This is my first pencil like that. However, in many of the reviews, it was said that the staying power is very strong but it is 50/50 for me. I have a semi oily-semi dry skin, with of course, shiny T zone by the end of the day. I like to use this to draw a feline flick line and inside my lower lid. Well the feline flick line tends to somehow smudge and after 3 hours the line or a inner lower eyelid is gone. I think I will try out Tom Ford after this and if it will do the same, I will return to CT one. It is still a very nice pencil.

I have also had it in brown color which I, as a dark brows owner would use on my eyebrows-just to slightly swipe and then smudge it. Now this is where it stayed all day long! Surely a puzzle.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by zhanglien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry, is she copying Kevin Aucoin? Because I wear KA has exactly the same liquid liner...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Pappadelta

I just purchased her mascara which is lovely but expensive and you get 2ml less than most high end mascaras mascara was 22.00 and 30.00 for the blusher in ecstasy gorgeous colour but build able and soft although not as pigmented as I was expecting. I was expecting it to be luscious on par or on the way to Tom ford quality and texture but that's where Charlotte tilbury fails. The packaging is ok and not luxurious in feel or final touches. no detail.The price point belies the product shame it falls short for me. It doesn't even come close to matching the hype. Will stick to nars/Laura mercier and Tom ford.

Another update just purchased love glow finely milled lovely orgasm rip off, selfridges staff useless and unhelpful tried to convince me the beige blush was peach !!! I don't believe the hype with this brand I feel she's ripped off the better few conning people with Kate miss along the way. Geared toward a fairer skinned demographic . None if the images are of a female of colour and I've only found one or two tutorials where the model has been black. Poor show and wholly disappointing.

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a soft, very black pencil that sets quickly after application - I'd say it's pretty similar in texture and behaviour to my favourite Bobbi Brown Longwear Eye Pencil. Tilbury's signature look is the rock chick cat eye (think Kate Moss) and this is designed to help you recreate that. I have hooded lids, so can't do a lovely feline flick, but the clever makeup artist at the CT counter in Selfridges, London, showed me how to get a similar look, lining three-quarters of the upper lid on the outside and then going inside on the inner quarter, then using the pencil inside the waterline on the lower lid, and taking it out with a very small kick at the end. I do really like this pencil and it's fab for a smudgy, smoky eye, but am not convinced it's better than the BB one. On me, it slides a bit more and doesn't last quite as long on the waterline. But it's a great smoky eye pencil nonetheless - not for you if you want a hard, precise line though.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No