December 19, 2014 | 1703 users online

Lipstick - MAC - runway hit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I was finally able to get my hands on this shade since it was sold out everywhere (I ordered online with MAC). And I gotta say out of all the retro mattes that I've bought (flat out fabulous, relentlessly red and ruby woo) this one performs NOTHING like the rest. I had to apply,apply,apply to get an even ample amount on my lips. The color is absolutely beautiful but it doesn't have the same level of opaqueness as the others in the collection which is quite disappointing.Against my NC45 skintone it appears as a soft coral/nude/pink.It doesn't appear ashy or make me look washed out. Its quite warming against my skintone. It doesn't feeling dry at all on the lips and I didn't even apply lip balm. Would I ever repurchase again? Its kinda hard to say as I love the shade but not the overall performance.

Against my NC45 skintone

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by samwilson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was looking for a nice nude. I'm around an nc45 and I have very pigmented lips. So, I got a lip liner from
NYX in a similar color. For some reason, the lipstick always wears off within a few hours. Then I'm left with patchy looking colored lips! Maybe I need to get a better lip liner but I've never experienced this with other NYX lip liners and Mac lipsticks. Overall, slightly disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ssnand

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

my skin color is medium dark with a lot of yellow undertones its in the mac nc50/nars macao/chanel 94 amber range . I hate lip gloss and tend to stick to matte finishes. This lipstick is not drying or and doesn't apply patchy, you can use a small amount of lip balm underneath. Its not the same texture as ruby woo but more of a regular mac matte finish. I start by applying it in thin layers rather than heavy handed at once, i find if you apply it heavily it will appear caked. The color works beautifully as a everyday MLBB on me. I can also use a wine colored lip liner, blend it in then put the lipstick and blend together, it turns into a beautiful strawberry-coral color. It also looks beautiful by itself with either day makeup, or a heaver smokey eye,or even a purple eye shadow look

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by rena10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC RETRO MATTE COLLECTION....RUNWAY HIT....the big talk color..in this collection...is dry, patchy, so so, not all that...its a light peachy dry nude....I have cozy which is much better lipstick.....flat out fab and fixed on drama..were the best colors i got and loved....this color is a thumbs down...im a nc42 skin tone for ref. its not a washed out color ..its just you can dupe this color alot and its dry! steady going lipstick dupe is = pink nouv. the satin one. ...... edit- ..@ssnand....yes, it is dry hunny....thats why you are using a balm underneath...dont use some kind of balm and see how it looks alone..without the prep....then judge the real color performance out of tube....on me its a dull dry muted peach tone...not too great..or the bomb.com...if u are lighter than nc 40-42...then it might be cool for u ..but tan gals..or darker..its not all that hunny!