Maybelline Baby Lips Electro (All)

3.9

I have 7 Baby Lips in total, 3 being the original line and 2 from the Electro line- I'm not sure about the other one as it just came out (Melon Mania). At first I absolutely loved them and would pick them up over all my other lip balms, but after using my Nivea Lip Butter tins for a few days, I realised how useless the moisturization in these lip balms was. They were nowhere near as good as the Nivea tins and didn't moisturise my lips at all- but instead just sat on top of them. It also does not last the 8 hours it claims to. On the other hand, these do have lovely pigmentation and would be quite good instead of lipsticks and lipglosses if you go to school as they are not too bold- but still have some lovely shades. My favourites have to be from the original line, but the Electro balms aren't bad either. They are not at all expensive, at a mere £2.99- but won't do you the trick if you want moisture. Overall I would repurchase this, but just for the pigmentation.

on 9/1/2015 6:42:00 AM

I found the balm in Pink Shock. At first, I was quite unsure about the colour (don't mind the 'u' in colour - I'm Australian) that would show up on my lips. I purchased it anyway to try it out. The pigmentation is quite luminous I guess you could say. It's a very pretty colour though. It also smells like heaven. It actually smells like a couple of berries that I can't quite put my finger on.

I wouldn't consider this balm as something to heal chapped lips. I prefer Nivea over this particular lip balm for everyday use, unfortunately. It makes my lips feel extremely dry right after the balm comes off my lips.

Although, I am satisfied with the packaging. The font and glow really makes the product stand out! I managed to finish the entire product as a matter of fact. I would use this balm more as a lipstick or when I'm feeling sassy =).

I will only repurchase this for the pigmentation. Overall, this balm deserves a 4/5.

Bought this in Grape Bomb. Color payoff was okay, what you'd expect in a tinted lip balm - but the formula and the scent is horrifying. I tried using a couple more times because I like the color and the sheer novelty of having a purple lip product - ended up chucking it in the trash later on after discovering the Nivea Fruity Shine lip balms.

I prefer the Color collection more.

on 4/30/2015 1:29:00 AM

This lip balm is horrible... It's so chalky and the product size is misleading... Definitely would not recommend. The balm also sticks out on top so when replacing the cap, you will have to be careful in case you smudge or cut the balm. Really not worth it. Wish they sold the Baby Lips Lip Glow again.

on 11/26/2014 8:13:00 AM

this product is quite fine. Got it in pink shock. the pink really suits me a lot which i like. is like a hot pink color. but for a lip balm it dont works at all, comes off quite quickly not even last an hr. however, I like it as a tint. and i really like that my lips have color bcos my bare lip just naturally looks pale. so a great product as a tint, but calling it a balm and do not work at all. a down point.

on 10/10/2014 5:24:00 PM

I bought this in minty sheer. Maybe it has something to do with the sheer lime color over my own lip color, but my lips look super healthy when I wear this . Don't let the color in the tube scare you, this goes on clear. I can't speak for the other colors though. The packaging is super adorable as are all the lip balms from the baby lips line. As far as moisturizing goes, I would stick with something more clinical like Blistex, Carmex or Chapstick. I do like this for everyday wear though .

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Have not tried the original line but I have tried the Dr. Baby Lips Rescue and love it so here we go:

MOISTURIZATION:
- Does NOT last the 8 hours they're suppose to last. I find that if I put a thick layer and don't eat or drink anything, the moisturization lasts me somewhere between 1 - 2 hours. However I find that the #95 Strike a Rose becomes less moisturising as you use it up in comparison to #70 Pink Shock which I find doesn't lose it's moisturization as you use it up.

COLOUR:
- The colour pay off is incredible for a lip balm! I have used #95 Strike a Rose, #70 Pink Shock and #85 Oh! Orange!
- I can build up the colour from sheer to opaque very easily.
- #95 Strike a Rose is a very coral-orange tone colour.
- #70 Pink Shock is a very pretty bright berry colour
- #85 Oh! Orange! is a very sheer orange colour.
- The colour lasts even AFTER the moisture is gone
- However, I have very oily skin and building up the colour gives the lip colour an almost greasy look which doesn't look very flattering on me in the afternoons when my skin is the most greasy/oily!
- This is why I sometimes wear a thin layer of this for a good wash of colour to my lips with a good moisturizing (clear) chapstick underneath. Then I'll apply the Baby Lips as a sheer lipstick/wash of colour so that way the mositure will last me longer.

OVERALL:
- Besides the moisturization, I love these! I'm not a huge fan of bold colours so keeping these sheer is the way to go for me! (Which is why my clear chapstick trick underneath works for me!)
- Of the 3 I've tried, I prefer #70 Pink Shock because it's the most pigmented of the 3 and I find it more moisturizing than the other 2!
- I found that #95 Strike a Rose clashed a bit with my skin tone since it's uneven due to the redness on my cheeks. I found it was the least moisturizing of the 3.
#85 Oh! Orange was okay since it's very sheer however if I tried to build up the colour and get some of that colour build up around my lips, it looks like you ate an orange popsicle and ate it messily like a little kid does! This one is not good for carrying in your bag if you like to quickly apply thick layers of chapstick!!

on 8/1/2014 8:57:00 AM

I love Pink Punch - and so does everyone in my office! They all said it was a definite Friday lift :) Strike a Rose will likely be more 'everyday' for me. I find the scents ok but they taste a bit weird. The formula is your bog-standard lip balm, nothing exciting. Wouldn't say the moisturisation lasts for 8hrs anyway. But the colour and the scents do it for me! :)

on 7/9/2014 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got the fiece and tangy , it goes on clear , smells like lemons and moisturizes well

update : bought the oh orange one 2 weeks ago . HG

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This has got to be one of the best tinted lip balm for me! Am so in love with these line of the baby lips and these are my first baby lips products.

As a lip balm, like many have said, it does not do much. While it seemed to moisturize the lips well, it does not treat or do anything more than that though.

But as a tinted lip balm, the colour pay off is amazing. I have the one in Pink Shock and Strike A Rose and I love both of them though I love the Pink Shock more as it's a darker kind of berry pink. You can build up the colour so you can choose if you want to wear it sheer or full on like a lipstick. I've tried going over multiple times (in Pink Shock) and the colour is so pigmented, it can passed off as a lipstick. I was so impressed by it.

As someone who has extremely dry lips, lipsticks (no matter how moisturizing it is) always dries up my lips, causing the lips to chap and flake. So, these tinted lip balm is ideal for someone like me, someone who has extremely dry lips and needs constant use of lip balm but still want something that has colour to it.

I'm going to purchase the ones in Berry Bomb and Oh Orange! The swatches look so beautiful! And at the price these baby lips are retailing at, it wouldn't hurt my pocket to just get them and add on to my collection of lip products!

Popular Lip Treatments