Maybelline Baby Lips Electro (All)

3.7

I bought Fierce N Tangy (the yellow one) at the Dollar Tree. I tried this because 1. It was cheap and 2. It didn't have SPF like other Baby Lips lip balms (I'm allergic to SPF lip balm).

I wish I could say I like this product. The scent is kind of lemony like other Maybelline lip products, but it doesn't moisturize. It's thin, greasy, and doesn't make my lips any softer. In fact, it seems to dry them out. I'll use this lip balm up, but I won't repurchase.

I gave two stars because I like the packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

These are just the ugliest looking products lol.
Colors are a joke as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't have all the shades I have four. They are: Berry Bomb, Oh Orange, Pink Shock, and Minty Sheer. These are not very hydrating lip balms like the claims. But I bought these for the colors, and the packaging. They each have different smells. I've had these for a while now. I bought these when they first came out in my high school days. Some are more pigmented than others. The most pigmented is Pink Shock which is just like the name says. The color you see in the tube with this one is the way it will look on the lips. I notice this one has a thicker texture than the others. It looks like a dark hot pink. It will leave a beautiful stain. If your into sheer balm colors you might not like it. I've gotten complements when I've worn this. I would recommend this if you want a pigmented comfortable hot pink balm. Minty Sheer is the worst one of the bunch not because of the color payoff but because its so thin I have to reapply every 5 minutes. Its sheer but I notice when the light hits it there is a slight barely there green shine. And I did notice it dried my lips out when I'd wear it. I would not recommend this one. Oh Orange is not overly pigmented but not too sheer. It looks like a peachy orange on me. This one is ok its thick like Pink Shock. I would recommend this one. Berry Bomb is my favorite one. This is not what it looks like on the lips. It leaves the most beautiful purple veil on the lips. Its the perfect wearable purple. Its not a very thin consistency or a very thick one either. I've already repurchased it. This is the one I use the most. I would highly recommend it.

This is for Berry Bomb:

Is a nice natural reddy colour for any skin tone, smells lovely, tastes alright, and has good eye-catching packaging. Is a reasonable price and easy to obtain.

Isn't very moisturising and there isn't much product.

9/10

I have 7 Baby Lips in total, 3 being the original line and 2 from the Electro line- I'm not sure about the other one as it just came out (Melon Mania). At first I absolutely loved them and would pick them up over all my other lip balms, but after using my Nivea Lip Butter tins for a few days, I realised how useless the moisturization in these lip balms was. They were nowhere near as good as the Nivea tins and didn't moisturise my lips at all- but instead just sat on top of them. It also does not last the 8 hours it claims to. On the other hand, these do have lovely pigmentation and would be quite good instead of lipsticks and lipglosses if you go to school as they are not too bold- but still have some lovely shades. My favourites have to be from the original line, but the Electro balms aren't bad either. They are not at all expensive, at a mere £2.99- but won't do you the trick if you want moisture. Overall I would repurchase this, but just for the pigmentation.

I found the balm in Pink Shock. At first, I was quite unsure about the colour (don't mind the 'u' in colour - I'm Australian) that would show up on my lips. I purchased it anyway to try it out. The pigmentation is quite luminous I guess you could say. It's a very pretty colour though. It also smells like heaven. It actually smells like a couple of berries that I can't quite put my finger on.

I wouldn't consider this balm as something to heal chapped lips. I prefer Nivea over this particular lip balm for everyday use, unfortunately. It makes my lips feel extremely dry right after the balm comes off my lips.

Although, I am satisfied with the packaging. The font and glow really makes the product stand out! I managed to finish the entire product as a matter of fact. I would use this balm more as a lipstick or when I'm feeling sassy =).

I will only repurchase this for the pigmentation. Overall, this balm deserves a 4/5.

Bought this in Grape Bomb. Color payoff was okay, what you'd expect in a tinted lip balm - but the formula and the scent is horrifying. I tried using a couple more times because I like the color and the sheer novelty of having a purple lip product - ended up chucking it in the trash later on after discovering the Nivea Fruity Shine lip balms.

I prefer the Color collection more.

This lip balm is horrible... It's so chalky and the product size is misleading... Definitely would not recommend. The balm also sticks out on top so when replacing the cap, you will have to be careful in case you smudge or cut the balm. Really not worth it. Wish they sold the Baby Lips Lip Glow again.

this product is quite fine. Got it in pink shock. the pink really suits me a lot which i like. is like a hot pink color. but for a lip balm it dont works at all, comes off quite quickly not even last an hr. however, I like it as a tint. and i really like that my lips have color bcos my bare lip just naturally looks pale. so a great product as a tint, but calling it a balm and do not work at all. a down point.

I bought this in minty sheer. Maybe it has something to do with the sheer lime color over my own lip color, but my lips look super healthy when I wear this . Don't let the color in the tube scare you, this goes on clear. I can't speak for the other colors though. The packaging is super adorable as are all the lip balms from the baby lips line. As far as moisturizing goes, I would stick with something more clinical like Blistex, Carmex or Chapstick. I do like this for everyday wear though .

Popular Lip Treatments