October 20, 2014 | 1869 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Electro (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I bought this in minty sheer. Maybe it has something to do with the sheer lime color over my own lip color, but my lips look super healthy when I wear this . Don't let the color in the tube scare you, this goes on clear. I can't speak for the other colors though. The packaging is super adorable as are all the lip balms from the baby lips line. As far as moisturizing goes, I would stick with something more clinical like Blistex, Carmex or Chapstick. I do like this for everyday wear though .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by SpanishSmileyFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have not tried the original line but I have tried the Dr. Baby Lips Rescue and love it so here we go:

MOISTURIZATION:
- Does NOT last the 8 hours they're suppose to last. I find that if I put a thick layer and don't eat or drink anything, the moisturization lasts me somewhere between 1 - 2 hours.

COLOUR:
- The colour pay off is incredible for a lip balm! I have used #95 Strike a Rose and I can build up the colour from sheer to opaque very easily.
- The colour lasts even AFTER the moisture is gone
- However, I have very oily skin and building up the colour gives the lip colour an almost greasy look which doesn't look very flattering on me in the afternoons when my skin is the most greasy/oily!
- This is why I only wear a thin layer of this for a good wash of colour to my lips. Sometimes I'll even put a good moisturizing (clear) chapstick underneath and then apply the Baby Lips as a sheer lipstick/wash of colour so that way the mositure will last me longer.

OVERALL:
- Besides the moisturization, I love these! I'm not a huge fan of bold colours so keeping these sheer is the way to go for me! (Which is why my clear chapstick trick underneath works for me!)
I've already bought two more colours which I'm very excited to try!! (#70 Pink Shock & #85 Oh! Orange!)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by linaelvira

I love Pink Punch - and so does everyone in my office! They all said it was a definite Friday lift :) Strike a Rose will likely be more 'everyday' for me. I find the scents ok but they taste a bit weird. The formula is your bog-standard lip balm, nothing exciting. Wouldn't say the moisturisation lasts for 8hrs anyway. But the colour and the scents do it for me! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by coldlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the fiece and tangy , it goes on clear , smells like lemons and moisturizes well

update : bought the oh orange one 2 weeks ago . HG

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by powerpoptart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This has got to be one of the best tinted lip balm for me! Am so in love with these line of the baby lips and these are my first baby lips products.

As a lip balm, like many have said, it does not do much. While it seemed to moisturize the lips well, it does not treat or do anything more than that though.

But as a tinted lip balm, the colour pay off is amazing. I have the one in Pink Shock and Strike A Rose and I love both of them though I love the Pink Shock more as it's a darker kind of berry pink. You can build up the colour so you can choose if you want to wear it sheer or full on like a lipstick. I've tried going over multiple times (in Pink Shock) and the colour is so pigmented, it can passed off as a lipstick. I was so impressed by it.

As someone who has extremely dry lips, lipsticks (no matter how moisturizing it is) always dries up my lips, causing the lips to chap and flake. So, these tinted lip balm is ideal for someone like me, someone who has extremely dry lips and needs constant use of lip balm but still want something that has colour to it.

I'm going to purchase the ones in Berry Bomb and Oh Orange! The swatches look so beautiful! And at the price these baby lips are retailing at, it wouldn't hurt my pocket to just get them and add on to my collection of lip products!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for Pink Shock & Berry Bomb

Ive had Pink Shock for quite some time now. I bought it one day in November because I saw a girl on campus touching up her fabulous hot pink lipstick with a tube of baby lips! I ran out and bought one right away.

Pink Shock is really nice. It has a beautiful hot pink hue that is bright but flattering because of its translucency. Its a lot more opaque then the colours from the original line. And I love the smell! Like a raspberry push-pop! The taste is a lot nicer compared to the core line, which is bitter and off-putting.

I just bought Berry Bomb recently. I wanted Strike A Rose but that shade is near impossible to get. It along with Pink Shock is always sold out. Berry Bomb looks like a deep purple in the tube but on my lips it comes off a soft pink violet shade. Its a good deal sheerer then Pink Shock but still lends lips a noticeable tint. The smell is like a grape cocktail; sweet grapes and other miscellaneous berries.

Generally I find these lip balms to be greasy but Ive been sick lately and my lips have turned dry. EOS wasnt helping (I find it dry) and these baby lips have helped a little because their formula is so emollient. They keep your lips soft and moist while you wear them. They do wear off way before the 8 hour mark but as long as you reapply, your lips will feel fine.

These balms arent super moisturizing and wont heal dry, parched lips but they are certainly a fun treat for your lips to add a colour and moisture for a cheap price. Ive deducted one star for the overly slippery texture but Id buy these again gladly. Im still looking out for Strike A Rose!

EDIT JULY 10TH: These balms are really growing on me and I've been using them for the past month and I really do enjoy these lip balms. I picked up Strike A Rose and I just love how they tint my lips and feel so soft and moist. I'm bumping up the review to four lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by eggbuttz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the Oh Orange! and I love it. it smells like oranges and it give an orange tint which looks adorable. Definitely one of my favorite beauty products I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by twistpain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have this in minty sheer . it gives a bit of shine to my lips . it moistuzes ok too .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mia115

I have this in Berry Bomb and I absolutely love it. I give it ★★★★☆ cuz its not that moisturizing compared to my other lip balms but this was a perfect fall colour. even though its spring I can still rock it. this lip balm is rlly sheer so I mostly use it as a lip gloss on top of my favorite lipstick. I do sometimes wear this by itself but if u have dry spots on your lip, its definitely going to show up as purple but otherwise its a perfect 'berry' colour. I dont know if this line is limited edition but I hope not cuz this is my HG 'lip gloss'

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got this in Pink Shock and I love it! It goes on smooth, really moisterizes and has buildable pigmentation. The color is supposed to be a neon medium pink but it's not too bright or loud. This is my second favorite Baby Lips. Not surprisingly, it doesn't last long because it's a balm. But that's totally fine and expected. I recommend and will repurchase. Want to collect them all. :)