September 21, 2014 | 1654 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Le Matte - She's so Matte

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by glitterglue420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ah! I want em all! At least the LeMattes. I wanted She's So Matte because swatches online made it look like a bright warm red with the slightest hint of pink, and that was what it was in person. I don't agree that it's a hotpink like some reviewers have said, it's definitely red. I even asked male and female friends and they all said red. I don't find the formula moisturizing, nor drying. It doesn't feel bad to apply but it's not real slick either. It's better to just color your lips than rub them together. The small tip makes it perfect for shapely lips like mine. I have a prominent cupid's bow and I often mess up with lipstick, I wish L'oreal would release more colors and keep this a permanent line. The color stays on lips, it only really comes off if you start biting your nails or something of that nature. Oh and the smallest but best part--it doesn't get on your teeth! The color truly stays on lips and nothing else. You can lick your lips over and over again and it won't disappear. I just hope the other shades are as good as this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in 404 Matter of Fact. A dark 1920's-lady wine, which I got as a nod to darker colors coming back in vogue. A great color and formula, smooth and wears long. One lippie off for the LOreal lipstick fragrance, but I tolerate it.
Id like to get more colors of this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

Le Matte is a lipstick in twist up crayon form. She's so Matte is a pretty shade of bright pink but the strong familiar L'oreal scent and the overly drying formula was unwearable for me. If you have any dryness on your lips the color will grab on to it. My lips got dryer and more uncomfortable over time. I applied a balm but that cuts the wear down. These are limited edition and should stay that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jassymommy

I recently purchased three of these from the le matte collection! I am in love! $6.99 from rite aid. These are the most creamy matte lipsticks I have ever tried and believe me I have tried a lot! I will admit I hate the baby powder scent but not enough to stay away! Lol. They are long wearing and I don't feel that they are drying on me at all! I wish there were more colors bcuz I would certainly purchase more! I heard they are limited edition so if u find them get them! You won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal recently released a limited edition extension of their Colour Riche lip color line for Fall 2013. This collection is split into two categories, the Le Mattes, and Le Lacques. Four shades comprise each category, a total of eight are available. Today I'm reviewing She's So Matte from the Le Matte line. Currently there is no official information available on these lip products, it seems as though L'Oreal wasn't quite ready to release these lipsticks. Each Colour Riche Le Matte contains .9g (.03 oz). I found my Le Matte at Target and paid $8.99 for it, keep in mind prices will vary depending on where you buy. Unfortunately, L'Oreal continues to test on animals. No info on where this product was made.
I'm a fan of this new product's packaging. L'Oreal's Colour Riche Le Mattes come in long, thin, color matched plastic tubes. The snap on cap is my only annoyance, you really need to jam it on to keep it in place. The product name and a short description are printed on two sides of the tube in gold lettering. Removing the cap reveals an easy to use twisting mechanism. Both the Le Lacques and Le Mattes are very narrow lipsticks that come to a rounded point. They look like jumbo lip liners.
I heard a few negative things about L'Oreal's Colour Riche Le Matte Lip Colors, but I decided to give them a shot anyway and I am so glad that I did! This product is awesome, definitely one of the best matte lip colors I've ever used. The Colour Riche Le Matte is described as a "velvety, full coverage lip colour", which couldn't be more accurate. This lip color applies like a dream, it glides right on. She's So Matte is completely opaque in one layer. Despite being a matte lip product, the Le Matte doesn't look or feel dry on my lips; though they definitely aren't moist. I've had excellent wear with this product - on average I get about three hours out of She's So Matte, but I've managed to keep it on for about five hours before. This lipstick does not transfer, so it lasts well through munching, sipping, and even a smooch or two. This shade fades evenly, leaving just a hint of a stain. I can't detect a flavor, but L'Oreal's Le Mattes have a barely noticeable floral scent.
Shes so Matte is a bright, bold, rosy pink with just a touch of red and a velvety matte finish. This color makes for a very bold lip, but despite it's intensity I find it quite wearable. I believe I mentioned it in the swatch post, but I find She's So Matte to be a bolder version of Pop Beauty's Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush. They aren't dupes, but they're in the same color family.
I really like L'Oreal's Colour Riche Le Matte Lip Color! What a shame that they're limited edition. Packaging is sleek and very portable. Application is a breeze and wear is really great - long lasting and transfer resistant. She's So Matte is a bold pink with a rich, velvety finish. I have no complaints about L'Oreal's Le Mattes. I paid a little more than I'd prefer, but they're worth it. I definitely recommend L'Oreal's Colour Riche Le Mattes, buy them as soon as you seem them! I wish I was able to snag another one in a different shade. I guess I'll just have to savor She's so Matte. Stay tuned to see what I think of L'Oreal's Le Lacques.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No