July 31, 2014 | 1536 users online

Masks - Freeman - Blue Agave Hydrating Paper Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Ashleydufresne

I love all the masks by this company! I also continue to buy all the new ones I see in packet-form and am never disappointed. They make the best gifts, as do the full-size! The mask says to leave it on for 5-10 mins. I have oily, sensitive skin and it started to burn after about 5 mins. I left it on for 10 and when I took it off, my skin was a bit stingy and burning. I've found this to happen with almost all great masks, though. The redness subsided completely within 30 minutes and my skin has felt super hydrated, but not greasy, all day long. Must try.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by scarlettmason

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DO NOT BUY THIS MASK . I used this today and within 5 minutes my face started to itch and was COVERED in red blotches I don't have sensitive skin at all and I've never reacted to a product as bad as this

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by PaulaGL

The serum in the mask is plenty and works well. My skin did feel moisturized, altough the next day it felt a little oily as well. it did not burn my skin, and given the price, I am probably going to buy it again. But you must know a couple of things...

The maks is incredibly small. It is made for a child. I thought I was going to sound ridiculous saying these things, but i saw other had similar problems. The eyes are very close together. So much that the outer corner keeps getting into the eye, and that is why it burns. Next time I plan to cut them on the side.

For that same reason, and because I was trying to keep it out of my eyes, I stretched it out, and the middle, in the nose area, was not making contact with the skin.

It was also difficult to unfold. I did not care for the mess, because that meant it was loaded on serum, but it was hard to stretch the whole mask out, and then put it on my face. I had to put it on, and then correct many corners that were folded in.

I will try a couple more, and then compare with another type of paper mask that is also very cheap and I found at ULTA. Depending on how the Rose and Papaya do, I will get these again (and cut bigger) or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by raychilll

Overall, I'm thoroughly impressed with Freeman's masks. I love the idea of paper masks, but these just aren't big enough to fit most people's face. The eye holes are so close together that it burns when you apply it. However, the mask was loaded with serum and left my skin feeling refreshed & soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only used this mask once, I received it as an ipsy glam bag item. Lately my skin has been freaking out due to lack of humidity in this nj November weather. I found the mask fairly easy to apply, but I cut the eye holes bigger because they are way too close together. Regardless it applied easily, had a good amount of serum (not oily at all) and didn't move around much on the face once applied. A little seeped into one eye and it got watery but that was really user error not the masks fault. While it was on it felt cooling but smelled slightly weird. I removed after ten or fifteen mins and my skin feels awesome! Definitely less parched and if it were cheaper I would repurchase for winter skin. I experienced no burning redness or irritation on my acne prone skin. If it makes me break out i will find out tomorrow and update.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by jewleeahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in my Ipsy bag for the month, and wouldn't recommend it at all. I love masks, and have always wanted to try a sheet mask, but have never really tried to find one. This one is supposed to moisturizing mask with agave or something. It comes in a little pouch, and is completely soaked through. I was glad to get a lot of serum on the mask, but it was dripping everywhere and untangling the mask from the plastic lining took awhile, because it's pretty fragile. I put it on, and it took about 10 seconds for my eyes to start burning. I've used products with hylauronic acid before without a problem, not sure what the deal was here, I guess the eye holes might have just been too small. It definitely smelled nice though. I left it on for 15 minutes, and after peeling it off my face just feels kinda sticky. I would say it feels softer and more moisturized than before, but it feels like there is a sort of film on my skin. The mask is also very thin, maybe sheet masks are all like that, but it felt like I had a wet single ply tissue on my face. I would never buy this outright.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've heard a lot about sheet masks from my favorite Asian beauty gurus like Jennifer Wann and Chicachew, but until recently they were a rarity in America. Recently, Freeman launched three new paper sheet masks. I didn't know which one to choose, but I ended up with the Blue Agave mask. Freeman says their new mask will "transform skin from dry to dewy! Serum enriched paper facial mask contains soothing blue agave to soften and rehydrate. Ultra hydrating hyaluronic acid and allantoin helps give skin a refreshed look and feel for a smoother finish. Lift the paper and press serum into skin to prep for moisturizer or prime for makeup. Perfect for dry skin." These paper masks are sold individually with .5 fl oz of serum. I bought my Blue Agave mask at Walmart for around $2. This mask was made in America. Freeman products are available through the brand's website and at drugstores and major retailers in the US and Canada. This brand is cruelty free.
As I mentioned in the first paragraph, Freeman's Paper Masks come in individual pouches. In the case of the Blue Agave mask, it comes in a white pouch with blue edging. The product name is printed on the front of the pouch. On the back, you can find a description as well as written directions and a little diagram, along with a full ingredient list. Opening the packet reveals a paper mask saturated in a thin blue serum. The sheet mask has a plastic backing that must be peeled off before putting the mask on.
Man, getting this mask on was hard! Freeman's Blue Agave Hydrating Paper Mask is slick and hard to unfold. Once I managed to get it on, it still slid around on my face quite a bit. The Blue Agave serum was very light and surprisingly cooling. Freeman suggests leaving this paper mask on for 5-10 minutes, but I ended up leaving it on for closer to 15. The serum retained it's cool, slippery feel for the duration of the 15 minutes. The paper sheet mask peeled right off and I patted the serum into my skin as directed. I found the blue agave serum slightly irritating at the outer corners of my eyes, but it agreed with my skin otherwise. The remaining serum was slow to absorb and left my skin feeling kinda sticky for a couple of minutes. Because Freeman calls this a hydrating mask and recommends it for those with dry skin, I expected it to be deeply hydrating - which it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, this sheet mask does impart a fair amount of moisture into the skin, just not as much as I expected. Freeman's Blue Agave Facial Hydrating Mask left my skin feeling soft, smooth, and looking noticeably brighter. I'm sure the results won't be very long lasting, but this mask would be great to perk up the skin for a special occasion. The serum, which is water and glycerin based, has a light, almost vanilla like scent. PS don't throw the packet away right after use, there's enough serum left in the packet for a second application.
Freeman's Blue Agave Facial Hydrating Paper Mask was different. It was fun and novel to try, but I don't think I'd repurchase it. Wearing the mask feels silly and I was really annoyed by how much it slid around on my face. The serum was light but took a while to absorb. The Blue Agave mask brightens and softens the skin, but it isn't especially hydrating. If you've heard a lot about sheet masks and have wanted to give them a shot, try Freeman's paper masks, they're an affordable way to satisfy your curiosity.