September 20, 2014 | 1890 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Diamond Oil Deep Facets

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

I used the shampoo and treatment together, so I'll review the line as a while. While this didn't make my hair in worse health it didn't improve it either. It did give a pretty shine, but the same that the all soft line does. What I did notice is that while it seemed to fortify my hair, I saw pretty much no breakage from ends. I think that the ingredients really strengthen the hair. The really odd curve ball is that my hair wasn't very moisturized, but I'm a firm believer that hair can be strong yet on the drier side. I'll pass on this, but if anyone is curious to try it, but the travel size at Ulta. You'll get a few uses and be able to decide while not breaking the bank.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great hair mask. Makes my hair really soft and smooth. I use it once a week and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by mlao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

recently tried this hair mask after bleaching my dark brown hair blond. after bleaching my hair, it lost all its natural shine and softness. after using this hair mask once, i immediately noticed a difference! my hair transformed from dry and brittle to soft and silky. definitely one of the better products out there for damaged hair. be careful of the amount you put in your hair though because it gets a bit creamy after rinsing if its not 100% rinsed out. i really like this because the smell does not linger on, like most.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by bunnikins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have blonde highlighted hair that is brittle and dry. I was looking for something that will moisturize well and give softness and silkiness to my hair. This wasn't it. It did nothing for me, well, maybe just made it a tad softer but for the price you pay, its nothing. Want to try heavy cream from all soft series now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this line, and decided to buy only this mask (to use as a conditioner and for deep conditioning) and the Shaterproof Intense Oil (even though my hair is very fine, I use a flat iron and have some damage because of that, plus I lighten my color monthly).

I can say I love them both!

The mask has a very pleasant but non-intrusive scent, that lingers for a bit after I wash it off but doesn't interfere with anything.
It's got a thick consistency, and I only need a tiny dollop to cover my whole hair - which is pretty long.
After rinsing I don't feel too much slip, but after my hair is dry it feels moisturized and healthier.

Love it and will buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This is one of the (few) expensive deep-conditioning treatments that actually works. And it's worth the money. So many times I've spent $20 or more on a pricey treatment only to find that it's just a basic/mediocre conditioner with fancy packaging. I tend to keep my expectations low. But I was intrigued by all the glowing reviews for this product and I was curious to try Redken's new Diamond Oil line, so I decided to check this out.
Well, it's AMAZING and I love it. Makes my hair feel like silk. Perfectly shiny, soft, and smooth all the way down to the ends. Absolutely not weighed-down. Just swingy and beautiful. This is something I plan to buy again in the future because it's GOOD.
For reference, I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly. Excellent product- recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

Nope - this definitely did not work for me! I have medium length, medium texture, highlighted hair. Maybe I have the wrong hair type, but this made my hair feel like straw and tangled. I tried to use this in variety of ways -

1. according to the directions
2. with a shower cap, heat and left in for 1 hour
3. as an overnight treatment

All three left the same results - straw like, tangley hair. I was very disappointed because I normally like Redken products. The only positive was I liked the smell. I returned it and exchanged it for Kenra's nourish masque. I will post a review on it after I have used it a few times.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

After I posted a pic of my hair on MUA and was basically told IT WAS GROSS AND DRY I ran out and picked up this hair treatment. I used it last night and I may be delusional, but my hair today looks like the hair of a young virgin. I plan to use this once a week. I used a small amount and kept it on for about 30 minutes. Smell was great and hair is looking good today. I hate that it comes in a tub though...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

I absolutely love this masque! I bought it at work after several hairdressers raved about it. Everything about it is amazing. It makes my hair ridiculously soft and I can't stop touching it, it feels so healthy! Plus I love the smell. I also like that you don't need to use a lot of product for it to work- just leave it in for a few minutes while you shower and you'll see results. I use this a few times a week and I follow up with the diamond oil shatterproof shine serum afterwards. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a try after I saw it featured at a local beauty supply. It was 19 dollars plus tax but luckily I had a five dollar off stamp card or I think I would have passed on it. It is protein based, but my hair needed a boost. When I first applied it and left it in for five minutes, it didn't seem like it was penetrating enough so I combed it through and let it sit for a few more minutes. I was able to get better slip and it rinsed clean. When my hair air-dried, my hair felt soft and my curls were more defined so I know the protein worked itself into my strands. It has a very light floral scent which I appreciate. It gives good shine and frizz-control. It isn't too heavy either. The treatment is in a jar which makes it a bit challenging to use in the shower for me. I prefer tubes or bottles. However, I could live with that fact since this does what it says it will do. I find it moisturizing, but those protein sensitive might want to pass on this.