November 29, 2014 | 1429 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Origins - Smarty Plants CC SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lucybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not bad! My face looks healthy, even, glowy. Not a lot of coverage but that is to be expected. It smells great, like many origins products. It is light & not hard to blend.

I wouldn't say it's a true CC cream. More like a tinted moisturizer.

I had a sample but I'd definitely wouldn't mind trying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by stephung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample, which includes the light to medium and the medium to dark.

Color: I'm Asian, and typically fair skinned, so my undertones tend to be yellow-ish. However right now I'm tan, so the light to medium was too light and the medium to dark was too dark. Mixed together, the color was o.k, but I wouldn't purchase the product if I had to buy two to mix together. Also, I could tell that the light to medium wouldn't even suit my fair skin in the winter because it's too pink toned. The medium to dark can kind of come off orange-ish as well, so unless this matches your skin tone perfectly, you have to be careful and watch out for streakiness.

Texture: I really liked the texture of this cream as it is light for a CC cream and therefore doesn't feel too heavy on your face like a foundation. However, this does mean that you sacrifice coverage, so it's a give and take. I didn't find it greasy, and after my skin absorbed it, my skin feels pretty smooth. As a bonus, it smells awesome! I love SPF products that have that citrus-y smell.

Does it do what it says it will: As I only got a sample, it's hard to tell. I did not think that it instantly color corrected my skin. To me, this product worked more as a tinted moisturizer than a CC cream. However, its promises to neutralize things that cause skin damage over time therefore make you look younger might be worthwhile to try the product over a longer run.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I have tried all types of CC creams, this one is the only one that had the right shade for me (light-medium) and didn't dry out my skin or enhance fine lines. It goes on smoothly, doesn't blotch, isn't shiny, greasy or chalky. Has a nice SPF. I use it daily when I leave the house. If your looking for something that covers skin problems, this isn't for you. If you just want to look refreshed and not made up-then this is what your looking for. I use regular foundation when I go out socially.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by varyth

I purchased this after trying the tester and comparing it to the Smashbox CC cream. Origins Smarty Plants is very lightweight and provides sheer coverage, which I preferred to the heavy texture of the other sample. It is very subtle and corrected my uneven skin tone, but any blemishes are still visible. Goes on easy and is buildable for more coverage. I love the SPF and my sensitive skin has not had any negative reaction to it so far. Perfect starter as my first CC cream, and I would highly recommend it for use on 'no makeup' days.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first CC cream, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I have it in the Light/Medium shade, which works very well for my very fair skin and adds a bit of tint. The coverage is very light, almost sheer. From that perspective it is very comparable to some sheer tinted moisturizers. It gives me a natural finish, without being oily or shiny. It has SPF 20, which is a bit low for me, so I use sunscreen underneath it. It has a smell reminiscent of GinZing, but it is not strong and disappears in a few minutes. It claims to contain antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental damage.

What I like about this product is that it allows me to skip a step (i.e., I can put on the sunscreen and the cream and go out). This is important to me during the summer months, because my face does not feel like it's melting. A good tinted moisturizer does the same. I can't speak about how well the antioxidants work as this is difficult to judge.

In summary, to me this is a tinted moisturizer with a few added benefits. The price is pretty comparable to similar products. I may repurchase for use during summer months.