Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 83 Scenario

on 9/28/2013 8:33:00 PM

I saw this on a model in a magazine, and then I had to get it, even though the model had a medium skintone and I am fair to light. I have to say, this is among the prettiest colors I have ever seen. It is a difficult color to describe--plummy brown, with a hint of red. I can't think of a skintone it wouldn't flatter. It is a limited edition, so now I'm thinking I should buy a spare because it's that special.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

A sheer, glossy, and natural brown-red. It's perfect for a light daytime look for those with warm tan skin, like myself. On people with lighter skin, it may be a bit more dramatic and more suitable for a nighttime look. The staying power isn't the greatest - I need to touch up after eating and drinking, and every couple hours in any case. I didn't deduct a lippie for the lack of staying power because the Rouge Coco Shine is more like a glossy balm than a true lipstick (more hydrating but also less pigmented), so I fully expected the shortened wear time when I bought the lipstick in the first place. The extra moisture and hydration is actually a huge plus in my air-conditioned office (which sucks the moisture right out of my skin and lips)! This is a must-have for my weekday makeup routine.

Popular Lipsticks