October 25, 2014 | 1125 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream (NEW March 2013 Formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this in a tiny sample, enough for just two nights unfortunately.

I washed my face at night and applied this and slept. Woke up and looked in the mirror and my eyes bulged! My skin looked refreshed, revived ... like I had about a year's worth of beauty sleep. It just over all improved the look of my skin. It felt softer, plumper and my redness was less. I had totally forgot I had used this and wondered why my face looked so good. Finally, it came back to me ... the tiny sample of whatever that olay stuff was.

I went to Target to price it, and it was pricey for me. It was $23.00 a jar. I'm hoping to shop elsewhere to get it even cheaper.

I WOULD buy this product again, if I could afford it.

I can't really judge on the packaging since I got it as a sample. I can't really give a proper "overall" rating until I use it more often. I'm just posting off my initial reaction, which is awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product refuses to leave my arsenal of skincare products. My skin just likes it. I've used it on and off (mostly on) for about 10 years. I have constantly looked for another night cream and tried many different ones, but I always come back to the microsculpting cream. I have not noticed any difference between the old and new formulas. This product is not something I would typically go for due to the ingredients but it has always delivered great results, has a good texture, is very moisturizing, makes my skin smooth and soft, and plumps my fine lines. Every time I come back to this night cream after using something else, I see results right away. I purchased this again recently after using a Clinique moisturizer that made me break out, and it basically made my bumps disappear in a couple of days. I use this as a night cream in conjunction with my serums. It can also be used as a day cream if you allow it to sink in for a while (and it's not too shiny for daywear). I would prefer if this didn't have fragrance, but honestly I love the smell of it. The one con is that this comes in a tub. I definitely notice that as I use the product up, the efficacy becomes weaker. I don't know if it's because my skin gets used to the cream, or if the ingredients break down because of exposure to air/light. I am leaning towards believing the latter - I would love if this came in a tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this from someone else that didn't like it. It is okay but nothing special for me.
I got itchy after a swim in an indoor pool so used this on my body before going to sleep at night. Made my skin really soft and smooth and moisturized. So maybe it would be better as a body cream than a face cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Caused me to break out and was super greasy. I didn't notice any of the benefits it claims, and if anything, my skin looked worse! I've switched to the Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 moisturizer, which hasn't caused me to break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by chop_stiks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this due to it's strong reputation. My pores are more clogged than ever! And I have broken out with several deep lumps / blemishes on both my cheeks which may or may not be related. Bottom line, it's blackhead city on my nose cheek area and this moisturizer feels way too heavy for my dry / combination face. Reluctant to give it 1 star as it might just work for people with less sensitive skin than mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Lindseykins7

Firstly, I did not buy this product. I received a free generously-sized sample through my job. I started using it just because i had it and honestly i don't know about any wrinkle reduction (but then again I am 22) HOWEVER, what i did notice right away was super moisturized skin. I have used Clinique moisture surge, Pavonia cream, other super high priced creams, etc. and this one was the only one that actually moisturized my skin. My dry patches are pretty much gone. I do recommend using this at night only though because it is a pretty heavy cream and makes makeup application a pain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this along with the serum. I have been using for about 1 yr and it's really great! It leaves my skin nice and soft, I don't break out and my skin looks flawless. A ++++++++

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE how they have this in half size/price now at drugstores. I couldn't justify paying $30 for a OTC moisturizer, despite the rave reviews here. When I saw the 0.5 oz available for $11 at cvs I jumped on it. Tried it for 4 wks and sadly didn't live up to the hype. The claims on the box read :

-"see visible wrinkle results starting DAY 1"
-14 days, "skin is noticeably firmer, skin elasticity is improved"
- 28 days "Reverses the look of up to 10 years of wrinkles,"

Wow I wished! I also bought into the penetrates 10 layers deep into the skin (while well aware there are only 7 layers to our epidermis!) I really wanted this to work for me so I used it religiously as night moisturizer, some days skipping my serum & using for this only to really see the results. It hydrated my skin nicely and maybe even helped with some pigmentation. It was the slight difference I woke up to that I couldn't lay my finger on but did exist for sure, which is why I continued it each night. Then, I tried it for a day moisturizer (says use morning & night) thats when all hell broke loose---> it flaked/balled up everywhere!! I had to wash off my foundation because the flakes went all over crumbling. I realize it filled in my fine lines (not pores) and blurred them out like a primer which is why I wanted to use it a day time cream as well but it left a pasty texture that immediately crumbled upon contact with makeup. I guess this was the visible difference in fine lines on day 1 it claimed , forgot to add its "temporary" fill in and not really a treatment product. Glad I used it all up without having to plunge in full size or cost. Is it just me?!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by alexdry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a fan. It just didn't feel like it was doing enough moisturising. I found myself putting other products on top. It's quite thin for a cream. I won't buy another.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am nearly 55 with sun-damaged dry skin. I have spent a fortune buying products which promised miracles, only to find out that, short of a face lift, nothing will really remove wrinkles. That said I have found that I look younger by simply focusing on the texture of my skin, and working on improving the eveness (?) of pigment. I live in So. California and most of the year don't need extremely moisturizing products for my dry skin. I have tried tons of "natural" products as I don't like the ideas of lots of chemicals on my face, but sadly have found that my skin loves chemicals! I know this product has a lot of cones in it, but my skin loves it! I use it at night after my retinol product; it does not have sunscreen in it so not good for my daytime use sa my foundation does not have sunscreen. I bought it at my local Costco which only has the fragranced product, but this does not irritate my skin at all and the fragrance is pleasant and does not last long. It goes on extremely smoothly and I wake up to brighter, moist, fresher skin. If you have extremely dry skin this will probably not be enough for you, and likewise if you have oily younger skin might be too much. I have re-bought already and would again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No