July 23, 2014 | 1593 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - DreamTone Ultimate Dark Spot Corrector

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rushed out and bought this product the minute it was released. I purchased it in dark, for my South Asian skin, which has a fair degree of hyper pigmentation around my mouth, chin and eye area. I have been using it for some months, and really do not see a difference in clarity, pigmentation or skin tone.
Pros: pretty bottle, pretty promise, and smells wonderfully expensive.
Cons: didn't work at all for me.
Will not be re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I had a couple of problems with DreamTone corrector. The biggest was that after applying, usually within about 2 or 3 minutes, it would start coming off of my face in little pills. Just like fuzz on a sweater! That leads me to my ned tissue, which is that I've used this for a month, and haven't seen any changes in dark spots/tone. I'm sure for someone who doesn't have the pilling issue, you'll probably see better results. Not a good mix for my skin, sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by wonderfulJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am using this serum along with advanced genifique.. I purchased both full size without hesitation after trying the samples. my skin has not looked this good in years. I normally have very dull, uneven acne prone skin andi absolutely swear by these two products. I'm so happy I've been searching for skin products to deliver results like this for years!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

This is a great product that I found to live up to the claims it made. I bought this on sale for about $80 (after a store promo plus my staff discount combined) because I would never pay full price at $100+ for it. It took about 2 weeks to notice but I took before and after shots of my bare face with flash and there was an obvious difference on my t-zone and cheeks. My cheeks were less pink and when I used foundation, It made me re-fall in love with my foundations because I found that I got better coverage over my cheek area.
All this time I was looking for a full coverage foundation when I just needed to take better care of my skin instead! All in all, this was a good investment for me.

If you are patient, follow the instructions and take some before and after shots, you can almost guarantee a slight result if not a dramatic one. If you still are unsure, ask the MUA or counter MGR for a 7 day trial! x

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for nearly 6 months now. It has improved my skin tone but has no effect whatsoever on the sunspots on the apples of my cheeks. The packaging sucks as it's in such a large container when there's not that much product in it. Not convenient for traveling at all. Also you can't see how much is still left inside. I feel that this was a big waste of money. I'm just using up what's left and won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by star24689

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This product does exactly what it claims, at least in my case. I used to have terrible acne scars from puberty and EXTREMELY uneven skin tone (especially dark areas around my lips and chin). I've been using it for 3 months (skin type 2) and tbh I couldn't see the difference as the change was very subtle. HOWEVER after comparing photos taken in November with photos today, this change is DRAMATIC, my skin looks so clean and glowing, I might as well have been wearing foundation. It's a subtle change, and works MUCH slower than the Visionnaire, so give it some time (its trying to make ACNE SCARS FADE, a little patience goes a long way) and if you really want to SEE the difference, do before and after shots.

PROS
- got rid of my acne scars (HALLELUJAH!)
- got rid of dark spots -> have to use less concealer/foundation
- skin is glowing
- Nice smell, almost rosy

CONS
- packaging (it looks nice but the bottle is NOT transparent and there is no way to open the dispenser, which means I have no idea how much is left or when to buy a new one)
- takes a while to see the difference, don't expect Vissionaire-like speed
- as with all lancome products, $$ kinda sucks, but I believe I got it for $95AUD at Myers

SKIN/ROUTINE INFO
- I used after lancome foam cleanser, and genifique (which I only use half the time b/c I'm running low) in that order. Followed Dreamtone 2 with Olay moisturizer.
- Pacific/Mediterranean olive skin
- combination to VERY oily in the sun
- not sensitive, but occasional breakouts

ALSO, I went to the US last week and was looking at Macy's Lancome products - Dreamtone smelled slightly different, and was less pink than the one I bought in Australia. Turns out US and Canada Lancome products are made in the States, and we get ours from France. They have a different product range and maybe that changes the ingredients slightly, all I know is that the Dreamtone I bought has worked wonders, and I will DEFINITELY REBUY.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by hajin100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just finished this bottle and will honestly say...I'm just not sure. my skin definitely looks a little clearer and it appears that my spots are lighter, but I've also been using glycolic acid masks and it's winter now. I used the number 2 and it was okay, but at $100 and lasting three months, I feel like I need to be a little more wowed. By the way, I used it daily, 2 pumps twice a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by m3iii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for over 3 months and apply the serum every night before moisturising. Originally i applied this serum day and night, however, found it was drying on some areas (generally my t-zone), so reduced to applying it only at night.
I have noticed some lightening of existing acne scars after 3-4weeks of use on the affected areas, however, i would not re-purchase this product purely as a dark spot corrector as there are other products in the market that provide a quicker brightening effect. It has helped reduce redness around the nose, but the overall brightening and evening out of my skintone as promoted by the product, is not evident and I do not see a noticeable difference.
I would suggest obtaining a sample prior to buying the product as it is around $105AUD. (lancome give a generous size which can last upto 14days)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by NativeFox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Dreamtone for over a month now. My skin does have a little more clarity, and "brightness" to it. A significant change isn't too evident, although I'd probably have to use this product for a few consecutive months to see a major difference. Also, this product doesn't make me want to bare my skin to the world as it claims you will. That was the result I was looking for. Maybe my expectations were too high, or Lancome bit off more than they could chew.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Bethtom87

Absolutely love this product. I feel like it sinks into my skin and after 2 weeks it's glowing. Obviously quite pricey but seems to be lasting me a while. Definitely the best serum I have used.