April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Treatments - Lancome - DreamTone Ultimate Dark Spot Corrector

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

This is a great product that I found to live up to the claims it made. I bought this on sale for about $80 (after a store promo plus my staff discount combined) because I would never pay full price at $100+ for it. It took about 2 weeks to notice but I took before and after shots of my bare face with flash and there was an obvious difference on my t-zone and cheeks. My cheeks were less pink and when I used foundation, It made me re-fall in love with my foundations because I found that I got better coverage over my cheek area.
All this time I was looking for a full coverage foundation when I just needed to take better care of my skin instead! All in all, this was a good investment for me.

If you are patient, follow the instructions and take some before and after shots, you can almost guarantee a slight result if not a dramatic one. If you still are unsure, ask the MUA or counter MGR for a 7 day trial! x

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for nearly 6 months now. It has improved my skin tone but has no effect whatsoever on the sunspots on the apples of my cheeks. The packaging sucks as it's in such a large container when there's not that much product in it. Not convenient for traveling at all. Also you can't see how much is still left inside. I feel that this was a big waste of money. I'm just using up what's left and won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by star24689

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This product does exactly what it claims, at least in my case. I used to have terrible acne scars from puberty and EXTREMELY uneven skin tone (especially dark areas around my lips and chin). I've been using it for 3 months (skin type 2) and tbh I couldn't see the difference as the change was very subtle. HOWEVER after comparing photos taken in November with photos today, this change is DRAMATIC, my skin looks so clean and glowing, I might as well have been wearing foundation. It's a subtle change, and works MUCH slower than the Visionnaire, so give it some time (its trying to make ACNE SCARS FADE, a little patience goes a long way) and if you really want to SEE the difference, do before and after shots.

PROS
- got rid of my acne scars (HALLELUJAH!)
- got rid of dark spots -> have to use less concealer/foundation
- skin is glowing
- Nice smell, almost rosy

CONS
- packaging (it looks nice but the bottle is NOT transparent and there is no way to open the dispenser, which means I have no idea how much is left or when to buy a new one)
- takes a while to see the difference, don't expect Vissionaire-like speed
- as with all lancome products, $$ kinda sucks, but I believe I got it for $95AUD at Myers

SKIN/ROUTINE INFO
- I used after lancome foam cleanser, and genifique (which I only use half the time b/c I'm running low) in that order. Followed Dreamtone 2 with Olay moisturizer.
- Pacific/Mediterranean olive skin
- combination to VERY oily in the sun
- not sensitive, but occasional breakouts

ALSO, I went to the US last week and was looking at Macy's Lancome products - Dreamtone smelled slightly different, and was less pink than the one I bought in Australia. Turns out US and Canada Lancome products are made in the States, and we get ours from France. They have a different product range and maybe that changes the ingredients slightly, all I know is that the Dreamtone I bought has worked wonders, and I will DEFINITELY REBUY.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by hajin100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just finished this bottle and will honestly say...I'm just not sure. my skin definitely looks a little clearer and it appears that my spots are lighter, but I've also been using glycolic acid masks and it's winter now. I used the number 2 and it was okay, but at $100 and lasting three months, I feel like I need to be a little more wowed. By the way, I used it daily, 2 pumps twice a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by m3iii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for over 3 months and apply the serum every night before moisturising. Originally i applied this serum day and night, however, found it was drying on some areas (generally my t-zone), so reduced to applying it only at night.
I have noticed some lightening of existing acne scars after 3-4weeks of use on the affected areas, however, i would not re-purchase this product purely as a dark spot corrector as there are other products in the market that provide a quicker brightening effect. It has helped reduce redness around the nose, but the overall brightening and evening out of my skintone as promoted by the product, is not evident and I do not see a noticeable difference.
I would suggest obtaining a sample prior to buying the product as it is around $105AUD. (lancome give a generous size which can last upto 14days)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by NativeFox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Dreamtone for over a month now. My skin does have a little more clarity, and "brightness" to it. A significant change isn't too evident, although I'd probably have to use this product for a few consecutive months to see a major difference. Also, this product doesn't make me want to bare my skin to the world as it claims you will. That was the result I was looking for. Maybe my expectations were too high, or Lancome bit off more than they could chew.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Bethtom87

Absolutely love this product. I feel like it sinks into my skin and after 2 weeks it's glowing. Obviously quite pricey but seems to be lasting me a while. Definitely the best serum I have used.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Against my better judgement I accepted a large promo size sample of this from Shoppers Drug Mart in #2. Although I have medium skin tone, I suffer from redness across my cheeks and nose area. So the SA at Shoppers thought maybe #1 would work better but she was out.
To be honest, I hate Lancome. I find their products to be over-hyped marketing based full of chemically fragrance and fillers. Just pretty packaging and marketing. They also test on animals and use harmful ingredients like parabens and fragrance. Irritating ingredients like alcohol denat are 5th on the list. Silicone is 2nd!
I used this for a week. All it did was irritate my sensitive skin and give me little bumps all over my face. The scent is so strong that even when I tried to just use it on my neck and chest instead, it made my facial skin red from smelling it.
I threw it in the garbage where it belongs.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Alexpalex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

- I got Dreamtone on christmas as a present so basically, ive only been using this product for about 9 days, And I already see a slight difference!!! I have acne scars from when I was younger on my right cheek and a dark spot right by my nose and i usually try to hide it with a
little BBcream (Its pretty bad guys, like... seriously.)

-The packaging confused me at first but then I twisted it and was like "Oh!.." Its awesome beacuse you dont even have to think about the cap being lost, so if you travel, thats great! ^_^
-One down side to this product is the price... Nine chance out of ten this is the first and last one im going to get.

-When I pumped the product onto my hand, It smelled interesting! It was like, a floral scent but not like a regular floral scent... a sophisticated one? When I put it on my face my skin felt super soft like velvet! Of course I didnt notice results in like, 5 minutes but I stuck to it and did it at again that night before bed. I repeated day and night and on day 4 I saw a slight difference in my skin! my acne scars were lightened some and the dark spot by my nose started to fade! (very slowly, but its going so thats a plus!) After 4 weeks of using, Ill come back with a final result~ :D)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by LaetitiaEncarta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got sucked into buying this product because of all the hype. Sadly, the serum did nothing that it claimed. I used it with the recommended other serum and moisturizer and my skin broke out bad. My skin hasn't been that bad in years. It took about two weeks for my skin to calm down once I stopped using the whole range. I definitely won't be using Lancome again, very, very disappointing.