October 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Powder - Albion Exage White Dreamy Summer Chiffon

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by geminiysanford

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is from the japanese mega skincare company Albion. It is a powder foundation, specially formulated for summer, with sunscreen and whitening properties. As with all the Exage cosmetics, I am disappointed in the packaging. Most of the japanese brands really pay attention to the details like packaging, but this powder foundation come in a baby blue plastic iridescent mirrored compact, with a puff. Again, for over $100 USD I think they could try a little harder, up the kawaii factor a bit. Anyway, this powder foundation did not work for me. Most don't, as my skin is on the dry side, and powder foundations can exacerbate it. However, I got suckered into this after it was applied after a facial. In the store, it seemed to give excellent coverage, applied smooth, and felt light on my face. My many wrinkles and hyper-pigmentation seemed to have practically vanished. So I bought it. Three hours later, my skin started to feel very tight. Very dry. It is extremely humid in the summer where I live, topping 100% on most days. This powder had admirable staying power, it did not melt, and it did not oxidize, the colour stayed true, but the longer I wore it, the tighter and more uncomfortable my skin felt. A look in the mirror showed it had settled into every wrinkle and line on my face, amplifying them to the nth degree. My skin around my eyes looked super crepey, not an attractive look. Definitely not formulated for dry mature skin. While I am partial to Albion, the Exage Chiffon foundation was a waste of money for me. Click the link for pics. http://www.cherryscosmetics.com/store/products/exage-white-dreamy-summer-chiffon/