Chanel Allure for women

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would've expected different packaging (I did a blind buy), it looks like a men's cologne! But it is utilitarian & feels heavy & solid, & I know when I'm going to run low (unlike Chanel Coco Noir). I was told by a Chanel.com SA that Allure was specifically made to cater to different body chemistries to create a more unique smell for each individual. It's a proprietary blend of ingredients that cause it to function, in the same way to oversimplify it, as the way mood lipstick turns different shades on the wearer. I love the idea of not smelling exactly like any1 else, also the Chanel.com SA told me that Allure (& Coco + Coco Noir) EDP are the strongest most long lasting forms of Chanel fragrance even more so than their plain Parfum which I found a bit fantastical of a claim, but I blind bought them & I am feeling very satisfied w my purchases. Allure is vanilla (not gourmand) w Amber, powderiness & a tinge of musk. I think that it's a tie between Allure & Coco for award for most long lasting. My skin also eats perfume! I thought I was did only 1 wow. I will def be repurchasing. I am a bit of a Chanel collector. You cannot go wrong w Chanel!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I started wearing this product when it came out but was too young to appreciate it. 13 years later i fell in love with it again and now its my signature scent. The longer you wear it, the better it smells.
I have yet to find my fav notes in this scent. But its the perfect combination of powder, amber, vanilla. I get many compliments and hubby loves it!

My VERY favorite fragrance by Chanel! Allure is something I have been wearing on-and-off for many years. It is a subtly sweet vanilla-floral, warm, and a tiny bit powdery. The scent is very feminine and flattering, I always get many compliments with this one.

I have repurchased many times and I'm sure I will continue to do so.

Recommended!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For me, edt smells exactly like united colors of benetton hot! dry down is powdery but still the scent doesn't change. My sister even asked me if I was wearing the hot perfume from benetton. I was disappointed

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

As it is said, "one always returns to one's first love". This happened with me about chanel Allure Perfume. I was using it since September 2010 till January 2015 with the perception that this Perfume matched with my body fragrance. In January this year, I visited one of top cosmetic stores of Lahore, ENEM. The salesman insisted to buy Chanel coco medelmoiselle. Any ways I bought it n used it daily till April 2015. In May 2015 I smelt Chanel Allure perfume again and realised that I am a fan of this perfume. I love Chanel Allure n it's my signature scent!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this perfume, its feminine but not girly; a soft, complex fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is my first Chanel fragrance ever!!

So I went into Boots as I wanted at least one Chanel fragrance, so I can also participate in conversations around Chanel fragrances. The two I tried were Coco Mademoiselle and Allure. On the first spray, I preferred Coco Mademoiselle as it smelled fresh, young and feminine. On the other hand, Allure - while more mature and womanly - was slightly overpowering and had that powdery scent that I sometimes like and sometimes dislike based on my mood.

I have to add here that, in general, most of my fragrances are quite heavy: e.g. Le Labo Lys 41, Dior J'Adore L'Or, Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge.

Anyway, I decided to buy the medium-sized bottle of Coco Mademoiselle, particularly as it's getting warmer and I didn't want a heavy scent. I left Boots and did some grocery shopping and kept smelling this amazing scent that seemed to envelope me. I know I sound a little overly romantic here, but it really did smell amazing. I smelled the wrist where I'd sprayed Coco Mademoiselle and found, to my surprise, that the scent was now very faint and what was left behind didn't smell particularly nice *on me*. I went to my other wrist where I'd sprayed Allure, and that overpowering, slightly powdery scent had turned into this amazing vanilla scent (I luuuuurve vanilla). It was truly beautiful. I'm still smelling it as I type.

But what I love even more about the scent is that it's not the obnoxious vanilla scent which tends to be cloying, heavy and overpowering. It's more subtle and sexy. I'm going to wear it on my date on Saturday and see what magic it can do :D.

I went back and swapped the 50ml Coco Mademoiselle for a 100ml bottle of Allure. I figure this scent will be in my life for a very long time :-). I think I've found my signature scent!!!

I really love this perfume. I wore it throughout high school and college and got bored after a bit, plus the price was steep, but I've since returned to it and I'm unsure what possessed me to leave in the first place. I don't know how I got bored of such a pretty scent. Also, the price is steep, and unless you get the VIP or VIB discount at Sephora which seems to be the only place that allows a discount on Chanel, it's going to be full price...it lasts so long that the math works out and it's a fair price. Some perfumes fade and you have to reapply, so it might be inexpensive, but you're using it up 2 to 3 times as fast. You need only 1-2 sprays maximum of Allure and it stays with you the entire day. I smell it into the next day. It fades minimally. I think it's a very wearable Chanel. It is more youthful than their previous endeavors, but it's more unique than the very popular Coco Mademoiselle. I get the appeal of Coco Mademoiselle, but on my skin, Allure is sexy and delicious. I've always received compliments (even the deli clerk slicing my cold cuts said I smelled nice). This isn't for everyone, it is definitely "heavy" but not as heavy as lots of other scents that I find cloying and sickly sweet. Allure has my favorite vanilla note of all time. Other vanillas smell foody and too gourmand and make me ill, this is sexy and seductive. The notes are nice because I feel they truly all are apparent on my skin at the same time. It's not a vast difference from first spraying to the end of the day. I appreciate the consistency because it's always unfortunate when a fragrance smells great during one phase, but unpleasant the rest of the wearing. Highly recommend.

This is my favourite scent. I prefer this for evenings/special occasion, and fresher scents for day wear.

I like to experiment with fragrances and never tent to buy the same one again. Chanel Allure is the only one that I repurchase time and time again. I LOVE IT.

This did not work for me. When will I learn that Chanel and I don't mix well? Very strong, floral and spicy on me. I sprayed on at the mall then hoped it would dry down nice and soft. It just got heavier. I was then at the grocery store and had to go wash it off. It was making me nauseous. Way to much money for this. Funny thing is that I had also been at Walmart and picked up Coty Wild Musk. Now that worked on me but not the Chanel. Just goes to show that high price isn't always that great. I will not buy.

Popular Fragrances