July 22, 2014 | 1130 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by BLAST311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite perfume! I bought it last year, and I'm going to buy it on a regular basis.
When I tried it at the store, I noticed a difference in the scent between EDP to EDT. I think both have vanilla, but the EDT is more oriental-floral and more delicate, while the EDP is oriental-fruity (citrus), and more spicy (not in a harsh way) and intense. Both are good, but I tend to like more the EDT, just because oriental-floral perfumes are my favorite.
I think that young women in their early 20s would prefer the EDT, because in general they tend to like floral perfumes, and grown women would prefer the EDP because they tend to like strong perfumes. But of course it's a matter of personal preference, and each one has its own special taste.
Because the EDT is floral and delicate, it's more suitable for day, spring and summer, while the EDP is more suitable for evening, fall and winter because of its intensity. But I don't follow these rules, and simply use the perfumes I love whenever I want.
I personally bought the PARFUM bottle, because I find that perfumes in general don't last long on me, even when I use EDP. The scent of the PARFUM is more like the EDT, which is a big plus for me, but it's stronger and really last long on me. If I'll ever buy a Chanel perfume for daily use, it'll probably be the EDT one.
Even though it's the perfect perfume in my opinion, I still don't recommend you to buy it blindly, just because it's a perfume and everyone have individual tastes and different response to scents (I personally prefer the EDT, while most of women prefer the EDP). But I definitely recommend to try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

When I tested (on paper sampler) Allure at a store today, I was very impressed. I smelled caramel and vanilla. It was yummy. Being pleased with that, I sprayed it on my arm. At first it was great. But when it reacted with my body chemistry it was way too spicy. And with that, I decided it wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by BronzeBonita

This is sensual, sophisticated, and cozy all at once. It has that unmistakable trademark Chanel classiness which I find in all their perfumes, there's something distinct in all their scents but I can't really put a finger on it. When I take a whiff, my best description of this is that I get a powdery vanilla floral with a hint of spice. The edt is considerably more sharper and sparkles while the edp is more smooth, warm, and luxurious like a cashmere sweater. In terms of longevity, it's a typical Chanel so you can expect a good deal of wear from two sprays of this as it's very strong and has an enveloping presence. To me, this is something that is more suitable to wear on a special occasion or on a nice date but I find this also works well every day during the cooler months. I really love this one, I think it's going to be a permanent staple in my perfume collection as a signature scent for the fall/winter seasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always on a search for a non foody vanilla/floral/oriental fragrance. The last full bottle I bought was at least four years ago because I can't find anything that I MUST have. Until now. I saw on the Fragrance board that Allure might fit the bill so I went to the mall to give it a sniff test and was blown away. The SA put the EDP on one arm and the EDT on the other and I walked around for about 15 minutes before deciding on the EDP. To me, they are quite different. The EDT was somewhat sharp on me and the EDP melted in and became a "me" scent. It's a creamy, warm, sexy vanilla that I can't get enough of. I now understand what other board members mean when they say they spray this on to feel more sophisticated. Allure EDP is now my signature scent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Allure is my 1st grown up scent. I received this as a gift over a decade ago and to this day i still get a lot of compliments when i wear this fragrance. It makes me feel a 1000x better version of myself.

Definetly an flowery oriental. Rich warm vanilla base which is a bit overwhelming at 1st from the citrus notes, but it dries down to a musky, powdery, creamy sensual scent. sex in a bottle.

I wish i could wear this all the time because how it makes me feel, but i can only make it work on a cool fall /winter night. The scent last forever. Never have to reapply

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Makes you feel classy and glamourous

My mom got this as a gift a really long time ago. I discovered it while back and snatched it up because I know she is practically allergic to it and perfumes in general. The packaging is so classy- a white box embossed with the Chanel logo in black. I love that the box is reusuable- you can house anything from your beauty collection within it. The bottle is also quite elegant but very simple and not overdone. I'm not huge fan of really strong perfume, but this one is an exception. I wear it on special nights out or events when I want to really get dolled up and look my best. It has a zingy, heady scent. Spray lightly if you want a subtle whiff- it is very strong. The set also came with a shower gel and perfumed body lotion. I love the lotion- it smells wonderful and I love smelling it when I moisturize around my neck and shoulders. You feel like a pampered princess when applying and for added scent just spray the perfume over the lotion. Its a strong, statement perfume reserved for only the most important occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the scent of chanel allure edp. it's clean and "tidy" and a bit more grown-up than let's say, coco mademoiselle and also, warming. may be a little bit too warm for very hot days, tho. you definitely wanna pick up something lighter and brighter during hotter days. but for colder days, this and chanel coco mademoiselle edp are the fragrances to go. and they last forever, too! highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Allure is my favorite Chanel perfume of all time -- and this is from someone who has at one time or another owned most of the Chanel perfumes -- and mostly, I still do -- in several formulations -- including a couple of the Exclusifs, too.

Allure was also my overall #1 favorite in my entire collection around 12 years ago, and I still love it and will always have a bottle on hand of each strength -- both the EDP and EDT. I like owning both -- for different seasons, weathers, & moods. They're different enough to own both.

Allure is warm, golden, soft, smooth, oriental, and meldy with skin -- with vanilla in the base. Generally speaking, the warm golden skin-like woody-vanilla-amber-musky perfumes have always been my favorites and the ones I'm immediately drawn to -- with my favorite note being vanilla.

When I first started testing Allure in stores, I was anosmic to it -- ie, I couldn't smell anything. It was so warm and "nude", sort of -- and it blended so well into my skin -- that my nose couldn't even detect it. It took several tests for my nose to finally "find" Allure -- and then I loved it. I've loved it ever since, and now I smell it very well -- I can always catch whiffs of it on myself. I recommend spraying it lightly, as it can be too strong if oversprayed.

I enjoy Allure in EDP better than the EDT strength, really -- the EDT is crisper & brighter, with more emphasis on citrus topnotes -- and the EDP is warmer, smoother, richer, and more vanillic -- with more emphasis on the basenotes. I like EDP better in cold Fall/Winter weather, and I pull out my lighter EDT when the weather gets warmer.

Fragrantica.com describes and lists the notes per below:
=======================================================
"Like all Chanel perfumes, Allure has a rich and complex composition. Fresh and citrusy at the beginning, it opens in lavishing floral heart to wooden and vanilla nuances and leaves lingering and fickle scent. It is best to describe it by the various accords it possesses:

Fresh -- lemon and bergamot

Fruity -- mandarin and peach

Classical floral -- the rose of May, jasmine, water lily, peony, magnolia, orange blossom

Woody -- sandalwood and vetiver

Oriental -- vanilla

The perfume was created by Jacques Polge in 1996."
=======================================================
Could be wrong, but I seem to recall once reading that the notes in Allure are not in 3 layers, like most perfumes -- but in a multi-sided facet -- so that the notes evenly and equally contribute to the fragrance at all times.

I once owned the limited-edition Allure Sheer Mist -- I bought it for summer -- and it was very nice, but they had cut out most of the warm vanilla base -- which is the main reason I love Allure -- and it focused more on light citrus topnotes, with just a little warmth in the base. It was quite filmy & sheer -- really pretty -- just not terribly Allure-ish.

I have also owned Allure Sensuelle in the past -- nope, it was just too spicy for me. I found it quite similar to Coco Mlle, which I also find too spicy for me. I'm surprised they made both scents, actually, since they're so similar. And then Chance is similar also. Allure doesn't have the spicy patchouli note that these 3 have. I have been under the impression Allure Sensualle had been discontinued..

Allure in EDP and EDT are staples in my collection, and I'll replace each bottle as I finish it. The name fits it perfectly -- it's subtle, warm, and alluring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I've worn this on and off for years and love it.

Lots of bourbon vanilla, white floral, fruit and a bit of cedar here. But mostly sophisticated vanilla and spice. Initially its a big blast, nearly overwhelming, but it settles right down to a scent that becomes very much a part of you. I get many "you smell amazing"s with this scent - for me, it is indeed alluring. ;)

Great lasting power and the sillage can be a monster if you use too much. Nice packaging - sleek and minimal - and of course the BAT CRAZY we've-pulled-a-fast-one-with-our-marketing-and-brand-cult-of-personality price. But it smells soooooo good that I'm willing to put up with it. . . . . and repurchase. (Can't believe I just wrote that down).

For me, nearly all of the Chanel fragrances (with the exception of the first Chance) are big wins for me - smell great, last forever, and I enjoy wearing them. This one is a standout, though - very feminine and classic.

Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For one thing, I am not a picky person so it surprised me that I did not like this one so much. I can honestly say it smells like bug spray or OFF on the dry down. Initially it smells musky and sophisticated, about an hour later it is nauseating and off putting. I was really set on buying either this or Chance but I think I like Eau Tendre better. Wow, I'm so glad I tested this first. It is strong but now it is giving me a headache. This is not for me and I'm glad I did not spend the money on this. I say test this one out first before you blind buy it. I tried the EDP.