November 23, 2014 | 1043 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

This did not work for me. When will I learn that Chanel and I don't mix well? Very strong, floral and spicy on me. I sprayed on at the mall then hoped it would dry down nice and soft. It just got heavier. I was then at the grocery store and had to go wash it off. It was making me nauseous. Way to much money for this. Funny thing is that I had also been at Walmart and picked up Coty Wild Musk. Now that worked on me but not the Chanel. Just goes to show that high price isn't always that great. I will not buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Tea90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Allure! So feminine, sensual, sophisticated.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love fresh orientals, vanilla mixed with citruses. And I love refined elegance and simplicity. So I wanted to love this fragrance a lot, and was very happy with it when I first spayed it out. I continued to use it, but it started to bother me more and more until it became simply unbearable. I didn't get the citrusy vanilla any more and I was left with a messy, cloying, overtly sweet white floral.
I have to admit that since that I found out that most Chanel fragrances are unbearable for me. They are all very strong, last well on to the next day, even if you have a bath or a shower. What remains is not a hint of a smell, but something broken down, almost rotten.
If you want a nice, soft Chanel, try No 5 Sensual Elixir instead. It has a gel form, maybe that's why it managed to avoid the cloying phase of the dry down.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautifully sweet, soft and elegant. Almost powdery, with gorgeous sweet vanilla, delicate and feminine but so very comforting.

On me this perfume is not citrusy at all. Vanilla, sweetness and powder envelope me in a soft blanket. It's warm, sensual and heady. A beautiful perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by BLAST311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite perfume! I bought it last year, and I'm going to buy it on a regular basis.
When I tried it at the store, I noticed a difference in the scent between EDP to EDT. I think both have vanilla, but the EDT is more oriental-floral and more delicate, while the EDP is oriental-fruity (citrus), and more spicy (not in a harsh way) and intense. Both are good, but I tend to like more the EDT, just because oriental-floral perfumes are my favorite.
I think that young women in their early 20s would prefer the EDT, because in general they tend to like floral perfumes, and grown women would prefer the EDP because they tend to like strong perfumes. But of course it's a matter of personal preference, and each one has its own special taste.
Because the EDT is floral and delicate, it's more suitable for day, spring and summer, while the EDP is more suitable for evening, fall and winter because of its intensity. But I don't follow these rules, and simply use the perfumes I love whenever I want.
I personally bought the PARFUM bottle, because I find that perfumes in general don't last long on me, even when I use EDP. The scent of the PARFUM is more like the EDT, which is a big plus for me, but it's stronger and really last long on me. If I'll ever buy a Chanel perfume for daily use, it'll probably be the EDT one.
Even though it's the perfect perfume in my opinion, I still don't recommend you to buy it blindly, just because it's a perfume and everyone have individual tastes and different response to scents (I personally prefer the EDT, while most of women prefer the EDP). But I definitely recommend to try it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

When I tested (on paper sampler) Allure at a store today, I was very impressed. I smelled caramel and vanilla. It was yummy. Being pleased with that, I sprayed it on my arm. At first it was great. But when it reacted with my body chemistry it was way too spicy. And with that, I decided it wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by BronzeBonita

This is sensual, sophisticated, and cozy all at once. It has that unmistakable trademark Chanel classiness which I find in all their perfumes, there's something distinct in all their scents but I can't really put a finger on it. When I take a whiff, my best description of this is that I get a powdery vanilla floral with a hint of spice. The edt is considerably more sharper and sparkles while the edp is more smooth, warm, and luxurious like a cashmere sweater. In terms of longevity, it's a typical Chanel so you can expect a good deal of wear from two sprays of this as it's very strong and has an enveloping presence. To me, this is something that is more suitable to wear on a special occasion or on a nice date but I find this also works well every day during the cooler months. I really love this one, I think it's going to be a permanent staple in my perfume collection as a signature scent for the fall/winter seasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm always on a search for a non foody vanilla/floral/oriental fragrance. The last full bottle I bought was at least four years ago because I can't find anything that I MUST have. Until now. I saw on the Fragrance board that Allure might fit the bill so I went to the mall to give it a sniff test and was blown away. The SA put the EDP on one arm and the EDT on the other and I walked around for about 15 minutes before deciding on the EDP. To me, they are quite different. The EDT was somewhat sharp on me and the EDP melted in and became a "me" scent. It's a creamy, warm, sexy vanilla that I can't get enough of. I now understand what other board members mean when they say they spray this on to feel more sophisticated. Allure EDP is now my signature scent.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Allure is my 1st grown up scent. I received this as a gift over a decade ago and to this day i still get a lot of compliments when i wear this fragrance. It makes me feel a 1000x better version of myself.

Definetly an flowery oriental. Rich warm vanilla base which is a bit overwhelming at 1st from the citrus notes, but it dries down to a musky, powdery, creamy sensual scent. sex in a bottle.

I wish i could wear this all the time because how it makes me feel, but i can only make it work on a cool fall /winter night. The scent last forever. Never have to reapply

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Makes you feel classy and glamourous

My mom got this as a gift a really long time ago. I discovered it while back and snatched it up because I know she is practically allergic to it and perfumes in general. The packaging is so classy- a white box embossed with the Chanel logo in black. I love that the box is reusuable- you can house anything from your beauty collection within it. The bottle is also quite elegant but very simple and not overdone. I'm not huge fan of really strong perfume, but this one is an exception. I wear it on special nights out or events when I want to really get dolled up and look my best. It has a zingy, heady scent. Spray lightly if you want a subtle whiff- it is very strong. The set also came with a shower gel and perfumed body lotion. I love the lotion- it smells wonderful and I love smelling it when I moisturize around my neck and shoulders. You feel like a pampered princess when applying and for added scent just spray the perfume over the lotion. Its a strong, statement perfume reserved for only the most important occasions.