November 27, 2014 | 1416 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Energie de Vie Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Debmurphy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently tried this at a Sephora VIB Rouge event. I liked the smell and the feel on the skin. I use the cream at night and the lotion in the morning and at night. There is a night cream, but it is more of a sleep mask product. Overall, my skin feels softer and smoother. I have irritation in the form of flaking around my chin from using tretenoin cream from my plastic surgeon, and that is gradually clearing, so I am happy with that. It is my understanding that this product is popular in Asia, and has skin lightening properties and I have seen some results. I would re-purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Ninamw31

I recently purchased this product out of frustration with my current skin products. Overall I am happy, my skin looks smooth and bright and feels nice. I have been having trouble with break outs lately and this has really helped to actually clear them up and heal the scabs from older blemishes. Yes, I admit it smells like crap. The accent goes away after a few minutes though. $55 is still pretty expensive (I was using Aveeno before so big difference) but compared to Lancome's other creams it's pretty reasonable. A little bit goes a long way with this product so it will last which makes the price easier to justify. I have combination skin with acne issues and although this cream is thick it isn't greasy or too heavy, just feels rich and luxurious which I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by heekyun9

am i the only one who enjoys this scent?? i received a sample from sephora and fell in love with the scent!

its definitely overpriced for what it does... its just a cream. but a very big but is that this doesn't break me out, it sinks in sooo nicely and its a great base for me to start my morning makeup. i usually apply a primer but i find that i dont need a primer when i'm using this cream. so it has its multi use..(trying to justify the price tag here)

i have combo skin kinda more the dry side.

i would purchase it again only when sephora has their annual sale/discounts. its too expensive for me to buy otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by tashadenise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

when I tried this product on in the store, it was very moisturizing and it gave me a slight glow but I can't tell if my skin is glowing or just oily (and I have dry skin). This is probably for people with dry to very dry skin. Even if you have normal skin, I would skip this product.

I think it's a great moisturizer but its overpriced for what it does. It doesn't do anything spectacular. I do like the texture and consistency of the cream. It glides on like a dream. I don't like to wear makeup during the day, and this does melt on my skin and give me of makeup/like finish.

And the cream does stink but you get use to it after some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

Wow I'm so amazed by this moisturizer!! My skin looks hydrated from the outside but really I was so dry and tight. I was using Clinique ddml+ the new version with maracuja oil by tarte and I was still dry I got so fed up I changed my whole skin care routine I changed it to lancome all of it!! I had this moisturizer and the water lotion it's partnered with laying around for months in my large stash I also added the dreamtone and genifique serum for eyes! Now this moisturizer is like a gel cream texture and it's light but it hydrates like no other moisturizer does! I also use that energie de vie lotion and these two together I no longer have dry skin my skin is now hydrated bright and glowing and my makeup looks amazing as well but I'll say the dreamtone takes care of me there! I really recommend this product it's awesome and if you can use the green lotion water too!! Oh and it hasn't made my milia flare up either!! Love this moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

Overly perfumed and heavy.... the smell is seriously overwhelming and don't feel its like worth $$.
On the flip side, it has nice packaging and its lightly hydrating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I usually don't get moisturizers in jars but this one felt so good on my skin that I couldn't resist. It's $55 and I don't think there's anything in it that is of particular note- i.e. antioxidants or vitamins, but the texture is a fluffy gel-cream that for me soaks in at once. There is alcohol in the formula, but it hasn't bothered my usually sensitive skin. I'd buy this again for the smooth, clean sensation it gives my skin, but if something better came along I'd spring for that instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by nicizzy

I was excited to try this cream. I received a sample size and didn't have to pay for it and I'm glad of that. I loved the 'idea' of what it's supposed to do, but my skin didn't. As with two of Lancome's other newer products (Reviva and Dreamtone) - within about three days I started to develop milia all over my forehead and under my eyes. For some reason, most of the serumy-type creams make this happen to me, yet I'm fine with Genifique serum and cream, and Renergie day, night and eye creams. Strange, anyhow, the consistency of the Energie de Vie was a bit of a red flag for me as soon as I applied it - my skin felt a bit smothered the way it did with the Reviva, but I continued to use it until the bumps appeared. Too bad - it has a really lovely scent - guess it's going to be used as a hand cream like some of the others said.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by lookabbycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using a generous sample of Energie de Vie. The cream feels thick and luxurious and it does make my skin feel soft and velvety. It moisturizes as well as any other cream but I haven't noticed any glow/revitalizing effects as it advertises. I probably wouldn't repurchase because of the price.

It smells earthy and medicinal. It does remind me of Chinese medicine which I suppose is a good thing as it claims to be inspired by Chinese beauty rituals... However, the scent to me is a little off putting and it seems to linger.

1/12/14-- The sample I received from Sephora has lasted me until now with regular use so I'm here to give an updated review. The good: 1) Weather here has turned freezing and its helped keep my skin moisturized. 2) My skin feels so soft and smooth that I can't stop touching it 3) No clogged pores or breakouts. The bad: 1) There were no changes to my skin tone. No signs of energized, glowing skin sadly. 2) The price!

I'm interested in something that can help give me a glowing complexion so I probably won't repurchase. If you're interested in improving skin texture then this might be the cream for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Greasy cream that caused breakouts on face. Contains titanium dioxide, which I didn't know about until weeks after usage. Overpriced for average quality, as usual lately with many Lancome products. I used it as hand cream now, which works fine.