April 16, 2014 | 876 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by juliaday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Have been using this for about a year and it's okay. It's the first bb I ever tried and so far I always come back to it - not because it's so great, but just because I haven't found anything better yet. (I've tried the Garnier, Catrice, Rimmel Stay Matte, L'oreal Nude Magique, and NYC BBs too and it beats all those but that's not saying much.. Although my main gripe with all those has been lack of colour choice, as I'm about NC15 so I need something pale.) I'll try to remember to update this review if I find anything that beats this.

I want something I can wear on its own without blush or concealer, every day in college and stuff, with just a light coverage so I don't really look made up, and I have oily skin so staying power and oil control are absolute musts.

Colour is good. It only comes in light, medium, and dark I think, which doesn't sound promising at all when you see it, but the light one actually suits me. I would say it's neutral toned, maybe slightly on the warm side.
Coverage is light enough to constitute a "no makeup look" I think, while still drastically evening skin tone and covering any post-acne marks, though I do add concealer for any minor blemishes I happen to have, and I use an under-eye pen too. If you have bad blemishes this won't do the job, I wouldn't describe the coverage as buildable.. But then if you have bad blemishes, I don't think any BB will be enough coverage, sadly.
Staying power is okay, it's still more or less on by the end of the day, and it doesn't cake or go patchy, it just fades down. Oil control isn't the best, it will be matte enough when you apply it, but then I need to blot and powder after 2-4 hours.
And as for the 2% salicylic acid in this BB, which Maybelline claims will improve blemished skin.. I didn't notice any improvement, and I had quite bad acne when I started using this, so I was an ideal candidate for testing this! Salicylic acid is a great chemical exfoliant and is used to great effect in a lot of skincare products, but from what I understand, it has to be a large enough quantity and the correct PH in order for it to work, so maybe this BB doesn't have those qualities.
My only real gripe with this is that the tube doesn't last long. I do use it pretty much every day, which is obviously a lot, but BBs are designed for everyday use, so they could have been more generous with the quantity. Each tube only lasts me about two months max, and at eleven euro a pop I'd like to be getting three or four months out of it.

All in all, it's just an okay BB.. Sorry to keep using that word, just the best way I have to describe it! Not a waste of money, nor anything to highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by xruthjox

I'm 25 and have combination skin/oily t-zone, for my job as a nurse getting up even earlier to apply 'proper' make up is not happening... I too like some people was a bit skeptical about coverage but i found it to be very good - light weight but enough coverage for during the day and worn with a little matte powder I didn't have to wipe away any shine all day! Very impressed! Great price, I personally loved the packaging and having recently used the Benefit oxygen wow foundation I found it to be much better than that and at a quarter of the price!! :) marked overall rating at 4 just because to touch it does feel a bit greasy but to look at it doesn't at All x

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:43:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the salicidity acid one, I got a sample packet from my Lust Have It subscription box, great matching with my skin and I am a fair to light yellow undertone. It doesn't smear, blends effortlessly & provides a great coverage. I only avoid blending a lot of the product on my nose as it does give me pimples there but not anywhere else. For the price and the amount you get, it's a good deal. Love it and will repurchase when I run low.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

A nice alternative to makeup, when I only need to cover a little. Recently bought it. I'm NC 15 and bought the Fair one. Dries quite matte.

- spf 15, not high enough but at least something
- contains salicylic acid
- covers a little
- quite easy to spread out
- cheap

The cons are:

- you can't use it around the eyes cause of the salicylic acid
- too low spf if you have hyperpigmentations like me

Still not sure if it will break me out, Dimethicone usually does and this contains it high up in the list! I can stand cyclopentasiloxane.... but Dimethicone is harder.

Will update.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by shirleyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly I think the packaging looks very cheap.
How ever the price is cheap so I thought it's worth a try.
Unfortunately coverage not good enough for my slightly blotchy skin, I still felt I needed 'something else on' which defeats the object of a bb cream was they are supposed to be a one coat wonder which you can wear alone.
Will not buy again, there are a lot of really good bb creams for a similar price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by tay10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For everyday use this product is great. I never leave for work without face powder (when I am lazy) or foundation. I was sceptical about BB creams in general, I mean there's foundation so what's the need to another product. Well I got this at a stock clearance and have had great results with Maybelline's wonder finish foundation. However, I don't know whether they have stopped manufacturing "wonder finish" or it has been replaced by something else but I can't find it anywhere. So I thought let's try this what's the harm and it's from a brand I can trust.

Pros:
- Light weight on face. (seriously it's like putting moisturiser)
- Little goes a long way (a small amount of product can cover most of the face)
- Great for everyday use
- Evens out skin tone
- small package so can carry anywhere

Cons
- Doesn't cover spots/ pimples/ marks..etc

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kjelin01

This bb cream is thin and have a light coverage,which i like. I am very fair,but it suits me.
I havenīt noticed that it would be good for acne, but it doesnīt matter,because I only want a "daycream" coverage for a good price, nad thatīs what i got.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by bumblebemz

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream definitely isn't as good as it's cracked up to be. The Asian BB creams are so much better. I have combination/acne prone skin and it's not very good at controlling the oil - in fact, my face gets oilier when I wear this than when I am wearing no makeup. It works ok as a base for powder, but combined with liquid foundation, it's a disaster.

Also note that it's quite pinky purple toned, really not well suited to those with olive or yellow toned skin like me. While it claims to be colour adjusting, I can't wear it by itself because it give my face a weird purple tint, so I have to wear powder too. Not good. This product really isn't anything special!

I have just purchased a Korean BB cream instead - Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream - and it's so much better! More matte yet still moisturising, SPF 42, and comes in a much wider variety of colours - AND it actually does adjust to your skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the bb/cc cream I've used that has the best coverage yet. but it still wasn't able to cover all the pimple's redness (though it did cover a little) but if you're far away you won't be able to see the pimples. the color is my skin tone as well! I really like this and would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by katenorman17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product a few weeks ago on Amazon for around Ģ8 because I had heard amazing things about it from various places. It comes in a tube, and honestly it doesn't contain that much, but I was surprised because it turns out you do not need much. Its moisturising and I really like it. It holds my powder really well, and the product doesn't irritate/break out my skin.

Obviously, its a BB cream, so not maximum coverage at all, but is very good for general day to day school use; it gives my skin a glow and some colour. I also wear it under foundation when I go out, it acts as a base and works really well. Also, it contains salicylic acid which helps fight spots - I found that it does help spots that are already on your face but it doesn't stop new spots... Well, I didn't have any new spots but I am not a particularly spotty person, so I don't really know about that bit. But it does contain SPF 15 which is always a good thing!

When I take my makeup off in the evening, its all still there which is good, however the oil control isn't amazing, I haven't noticed anything drastic happening; I still have to re apply powder at lunch time.