Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

on 8/30/2015 2:49:00 PM

I was looking for a BB cream to try and give myself an easier make up routine before work, and decided to try this one after reading reviews before going for a more expensive one.
I've found, like other people, that although this looks fantastic when it goes on, it doesn't stay well on oily skin (I have an oily t-zone and it gets very patchy here after only a few hours).

I'm very pale, and when I first opened this I was worried that it looked slightly orange but it looks SO natural on my skin. This makes my skin look smoother and clearer than the foundation I was using, but I think that is in part because it is very thick, thicker than I would have expected.
Another thing I didn't like, it looks very shiny on my face, I couldn't wear this without a good amount of powder. I do think though it would be great for a summery beach look, as it gives you a kind of dewy look?

So, 4 lippies because this looks great on pale skin if you're only going out for a few hours and the price is great BUT has to be worn with powder and does get patchy quickly.

on 8/28/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I didn't like this BB cream. I didn't have a problem with it breaking me out too bad. But the coverage was sheer and if built up just looks like a mess. The texture wasn't smooth but slightly gritty. This was supposed to control oil but I didn't see it doing that. It didn't last all day for me. The color selection was small, I wore a medium/deep and I'm a NC30. The color was OK, I could see it working for a lot of people because its so sheer. But when applied to the face, it had a slightly grey cast.

I'm very, very impressed! Thought BB creams were just glorified tinted moisturizers but this stuff rules. I've got pretty oily skin, I break out easily and my pores clog like crazy. Still have some post acne scars on my cheeks, no fun. Input this over my Eucerin spf and it evens out my skin tone, makes my skin glow in the best way possible and doesn't break me out (miracle!) I'm reaching for it all the time now, instead of my more expensive foundations. Win!

on 8/11/2015 6:12:00 PM

Best bb cream I have ever used! Has very good coverage and the colour blends nice to my skin tone. I've just finished this up in a recent project pan so I won't repurchase as I would like to dabble a little more with Bb creams. I can imagine I will repurchase in the future though.

My favourite bb cream ever!! İt blends very well, evens out my skintone, looks matt but glowy. İt is just perfect.

on 8/4/2015 11:51:00 PM

I bought this product with the expectation of a lightweight, fair enough coverage bb cream that would not break me out. While it did uphold the promise of lightweight and didn't break me out (I have acne prone skin) I found the coverage to be awful. Ok for correcting uneven skin tone but that's about it. I believe that most people who buy or are looking to buy this product have acne prone skin. The good news: it won't break you out! The bad news: it won't add much difference to covering any present acne you may have. And while I understand that bb creams are intended for a light coverage, for me, it was a little too sheer to do much. When I tried to build up the coverage it made me feel very cakey. Also the color selection was very small. So maybelline, while this product does its job in not breaking your customers out, if it is targeted to acne prone skin types, you should consider making the coverage a little better.

on 8/4/2015 9:03:00 AM

This product is an ok product. It's easy to blend and coverage is buildable. The selection shade is terrible. Not much to choose from but overall is not the best nor the worst product but I wouldn't buy it again. I think that there is better bb creams out there

on 8/3/2015 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this product! I have tried tons of bb creams and foundations before but none of them seem to the the trick for me. I have mild acne on my t-zone and most of the bb creams I've used before broke me out. This doesn't break me out but seems to be helping with this problem! Even though it has only 2 shades I bought the lightest one and it looks like the perfect shade on my face! The only con of this is that it has a slight dewy finish on my face (sometimes) so I mix it with the Clinique Age Defense BB Cream which is my second favorite BB cream. Besides the slightly dewy finish I can say this BB Cream is HG. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/30/2015 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily skin and love this foundation! On the sale you can get this for the funny price and it does miracles for my face. Although the skin surface may get a little oily afterwards (use compact powder). Best part is that I can notice reduction in my pimples and spots due to the 0.5% salicyl acid after I remove my makeup and I'm very happy with it. Most of the foundations make my skin break out while this one helps me. I also cover my explicit blemishes with a thicker layer of this cream. One more advantage - talking about chemicals, this is one of the safest foundations for your skin

on 7/29/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ehh. At first, I really liked it because its light and just enough of what I was looking for. I ended up buying a new one but I've barely used it. I noticed that towards the end of the day when I need to touch up my face with some powder, since my face gets really oily, is that it leaves these tiny little blotchy marks!!! Maybe because its light coverage? Maybe its my Kabuki? But its especially noticeable on my forehead. It doesn't stay on and I've used Two Faced Primed and Poreless and Monistat Gel as a primer.

I've made the decision to move on from this BB cream. It looks great when you start out, but if you have oily skin and need to re-touch with some powder, expect to see little blotchy spots from your powder brush. Doesn't look as good as first application.