Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.9

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

on 3/30/2015 5:08:00 AM

I bought this bb cream from all the good reviews I heard about it, and wasn't disappointed! it covers redness and discolouring incredibly well, especially around the nose and cheeks. I understand that it wasn't designed for covering pimples or severe under eye circles ( which it obviously doesn't very well), but for small pimples it covers really well, especially in conjunction with another concealer. It is very creamy (not runny or too thick)

The smell is a bit like sunscreen, which is ok, and my usually pimple prone skin doesn't break out from it to an extent. The only downsides of this product would be:

1. It gets steadily more oily through the day, especially in the creases in the nose and around the chin area. I think with a powder this would probably not happen so badly.

2. It does not last throughout the whole day. If I have a roughly 8 hour school day, it will only really last about 5 hours, and that's with me sitting in a classroom, no physical activity at all (though I don't think that's a worry as I do not do physical activity if I can help it) Again, with a powder this is probably no worry.

All in all, I love this product! The pricing and packaging is good, and lasts a fair while! I will definitely be repurchasing when i'm finished the first bottle.

on 3/19/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this BB cream daily. It's so difficult to find a foundation for acne prone skin and this one works great for me. I like the way it looks and feels on my skin and it conceals blemishes quite well. My favorite BB cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is great base for days when you don't feel like wearing a full face of make-up or your skin is breaking out. It applies evenly and blends easily, and dries to what I would describe as a demi-matte finish. The coverage is light upon the first application but can be built up to medium quite easily without caking up.

It lasts pretty much all day on me when I set it with a powder with minimal fading (I have combo/oily skin). I use the shade Light/Medium or Medium (I'm NC20-25) and it matches me well. I've been using it 3-5x a week for about 6 months.

Overall, I would recommend checking this out, especially if you have acne problems because it has salicylic acid which should help prevent breakouts. I do feel that it helps me keep my skin clearer, but it certainly doesn't function in place of using a concentrated pimple cream.

Took off one lippie because I don't really see any other "BB" attributes in this product (no vitamins, SPF, etc.)

on 3/18/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I like this as much as I do! I bought two different shades and mixed them. MEDIUM and LIGHT/MEDIUM. The light/medium is definitely a really good match in the winter when I am pale but I still usually mix In a little of the medium for a little more color. The medium is definitely more ashy of a color and the light/medium is peachy skin toned. I am sure this can be drying for some bc of the salicylic acid, but I use moisturizer anyway so it hasn't been a problem which is surprising bc it is still winter! I bought this bc I was hoping to stop any pore clogs with the salicylic acid and have an easy makeup routine. This definitely fits the bill. It is easy to blend with my fingers and lasts well. You can build it without it looking cakey although I do not use it close to my eyes bc it is a little too drying for that so I just use an under eye concealer. Overall a great drugstore purchase for a reasonable price. The tubes should last a while. Only thing I would change....the design of the packaging! I do feel like it is teenage looking from the 1980's! I was a teenager in the '80's so it is a little too retro for me!!!! It is in my cabinet so this is a minor flaw as long as it works this well.

on 3/18/2015 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've used the dream fresh bb cream in the past and found that this one leaves a more satin finish, not dewy like the other one. Overall a better match for my skin than the other light/medium (a little darker) and leaves my face a little less oily in the t-zone. However, it goes a little too much in the other direction and can leave my skin feeling cakey and dry, so I've started putting on a moisturizer under it which gives it a smoother finish. It takes about half an hour or so to really settle on my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this bb cream it is super light and perfect for school

on 3/16/2015 3:40:00 PM

when i first bought this i thought it was really good but lately its started to break me out in spots, the finish is quite cakey and the lightest one is quite dark. i would definately never buy this product again.

on 3/15/2015 8:47:00 PM

i love this product, it has salicylic acid in it which really helps with clearing my forehead of hormonal issues. about my skin-- it is a bit dry to normal (winter months) and and one week a month, on my forehead forms a layer of thick and somewhat scaly skin with a lot of tiny bumps. after i started using this (2 months), the issue seems to be under control and my forehead seems much smoother. $9 for a 1 oz tube is quite cheap, and quite often is on sale. i use the light shade it it matches perfectly. 👍

on 3/12/2015 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted more than anything else to love this, to have my jaded opinion of BB creams to be changed forever. Not the case. Just because this contains salisylic acid doesn't stop it from clogging pores, and this broke me out almost immediately. I had kept my skincare consistent, and continued to do so and use this for a week, but I kept breaking out and after a while had to stop using it, a shame as it's coverage is really good. I have hyperpigmentation and was able to forgo a concealer.

The color didn't match my skin very well, I'm a light neutral shade. The medium worked well but was too dark, and the light medium shade came out orange on my face. Color can work differently on different people's skin chemistry though, so don't let that stop you.

This is very silicone-y, and many silicone based primers do break me out, so if that's not a concern for you I would go for it, as it has good coverage and is good for dry skin types. I don't get super oily during the day, just somewhat on my t-zone; I blotted once a day and it was fine. This doesn't have SPF, so take that into consideration and maybe use a moisturizer with SPF in it before using this product.

Overall I can see why many people like it, but for someone who's acne has calmed down (knock on wood) it was upsetting to be broken out so badly by a product made for my skin type.

on 3/10/2015 7:04:00 AM

I really like this product for everyday makeup. It covers enough for daytime, all I need is a little undereye concealer and I'm good to go. I dont like using foundation every day, so this works perfectly for me. It blends really well with my skin and looks natural. Easy to apply.
I wore it to work, and with som primer and setting powder, it looked just as good after 6 hours.

The cons are: very little product for the price and not enough colour options.
Luckily the lightest shade fits my fair complexion (usually have difficulty with products that come in light/medium).

Overall very happy with the product.