August 30, 2014 | 991 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by babyhorse1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product was awesome. I really enjoyed the shade selection and the price for the amount of product you were getting. The only thing I didn't like about this product was that it made me kind of shiny about halfway through the day and with a busy college schedule, I can't keep powdering my face. Other than that, I really enjoyed this product. With powder, it worked really well in holding up. I definitely recommend this product. While it made my acne less red, it didn't make it completely go away. That's okay.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal to dry skin during the winter, but in the summer I tend to become more a combo type of skin, expecially when it's really humid outside. So I decided to try this bb cream. Medium/dark is a perfect match for my summer-Mediterranean skin and it covers pretty well for being a bb cream. Unfortunately if I use it for too many days it dries me out and I suspect it's the course of my little blemishes on my chin area.. :/

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by taylormcgrath17

Although this product does in fact "help with acne" it is very orange on my skin when the normal Maybelline bb creme in the same shade is not. It makes your skin very oily and is just not a good product for me personally. It is very hard to work with and blend in. I would not recommend it and would just get the normal version even if it dosent help with acne but it does not cause breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this. I really did. BUT, all this product is, aside from being a complete disappointment, is greasy, tinted goop. WAY too heavy to use during the summer, as it's designed to be used. Even powdering it down is a waste of time. Your face will STILL look like fried chicken. Awful, awful, awful. Glad it was only a $10 disappointment. Awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ell90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
- Excellent coverage for a bb cream
- The initial finish is quite nice and natural
- The addition of salicylic acid is a nice touch for my acne prone skin!
- No break outs

Cons:
- Staying power (after about 2 hours, not only was I incredibly oily, but the bb cream had broken up all over my skin)
- Color oxidizes

Final Thoughts:
I would MAYBE repurchase this for days where I just want a bit of coverage and only plan to wear it for a few hours. But oily-skinned friends beware: keep loads of powder and/or blotting sheets on hand because it starts to look dreadful after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by telling you that I have never been a Maybelline fan. I don't understand why Great Lash is still on the market. So when I was asked to test Dream Pure BB Cream for a survey, I thought I'd use it a couple of times, complain about how bad the color was, and through it away. And let me tell you that I'm stunned by how much I like this product! I have oily, acne prone skin that is light neutral in color - no pink or yellow undertones. The light/medium color they sent me is perfect. I'm not drowning in oil at the end of the day. This gives me a better finish than I get from any of the high-end foundations I've tried. Best of all, I haven't gotten a breakout from it. No, it will not cover a serious discoloration, but anything that heavy would likely cause a breakout. I doubt that the salicylic acid in it does anything because I apply it on top of my physical sunscreen. And if I may suggest, if you keep having skin issues no matter what you use, try eliminating possibly offending foods for a few weeks. A couple of years ago I had to stop drinking milk, and my skin cleared up. Best skin I've had since I was 9 (and I just turned 63).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by lowcapacityx

This product review is for the light/medium.

I am dark as hell right now and medium looks ridiculous on me. I think it has too much of pink undertone to look good on us Asian ladies w/ a tan rn during the summer. This color instead (light/med) looks alright it's a bit light for my skin but it's not too terrible. I like the texture of this bb cream and how easily it goes on your skin (basically melts onto it). The cover for someone with acne scars and still suffer for acne *cries* is light/medium just like the color I got. I am still unsure about how well it works in controlling your acne but so far I haven't gotten any acne that would make me think it's from the pure bb cream. It's like semi-matte which is awesome because you think w/ 2% salicylic acid it would be drying as fuuuuuuuddgeee but it's not!

Definitely worth giving a try and it's not too expensive. Comes in a tube which I like makes it easier to control how much product you want to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Ada9898

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this BB cream day, and i really like it!
Works well even without primer. It is light coverage, witch fits perfect for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by redbeemerbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first tube I bought had a moldy smell after the first couple of uses. WTH? So I bought another tube and the same thing happened. Smell aside, this didn't work for me. It's too runny and doesn't provide any coverage. Fortunately, I tried the Neutrogena BB cream and fell in love. Compared to this, it's worth its weight in gold. JMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by abbydejesus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never worn any other BB cream before because I don't want to! This product feels divine. This was one of the first makeup products I bought. Love it!

When putting it on, the sensation is like putting on moisturizing cream on my face. It is so light

Just after one day of wearing it, after taking it off my skin felt so soft and moisturized. I love wearing this product during the summer because it feels so light on my face. But you can wear it during the winter. Its waterproof, and after working out, its not smeared or smudged in any way.

Last year during the summer was when I discovered this product. When I ran out, I went back to using my foundation which was a major mistake! It was a Mac foundation. My pimples became more noticeable, and my skin no longer felt cared for. When I switched back, my pimples became less of a problem and my skin was soft once again.