Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

on 4/29/2015 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this for a no makeup look or any light day when I don't want to wear a full coverage foundation. It's affordable but also does its job. I haven't seen direct results of the salicylic acid but I feel like it would never cause me to break out. It feels nice and light on my skin but evens out my tone as well. Has been a staple in my makeup bag since I first tried it!

on 4/29/2015 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I'm very oily, for me I need to set this with a powder or it just doesn't work. It does last me a long time throughout the day, without it looking like its melted off. it's perfect for a lighter make up day , medium coverage, but I also don't have much acne. I would buy again

on 4/12/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I used this for almost a year and I liked it. I have acne all over my forehead and I was looking for something to conceal and this did the job. I recently went to the dermatologist for my acne and she suggested that I stopped the use of this so I did. Now my skin is getting clearer! I think that this product may have been what was breaking me out.

I got this about a year ago for £8 as a personal treat for doing well on a test and I've got to say that I still really like it even now, it's definitely one of the better BB creams on the market and it was the second one I'd tried

The packaging is very nice and clean looking, I love the shade of blue that they've used and I like the feel of the tube in my hand, I also love squeeze tubes in general because they just feel a bit more sanitary to me than bottles, just a personal preference of mine

I have this in Light (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and NC20 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation) and it's a pretty good match for my skin tone, the product doesn't have very much coverage which is why I only use it when I don't want to wear much makeup

The formula is quite light weight and watery which I like and the 2% acid treatment did seem to help prevent me from breaking out while using it which is always a nice thing

This lasted about 9 hours on me in the summer with one layer of powder before leaving the house for the day, if re-powdered this can easily go for around 14 hours which makes it a winner in my book

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

been using this product for the past year, if you havent got very acne prone skin then i would recommend and if you arent into foundation, it is very light and hides redness i find that it brightens up my face really good giving me a healthy look without looking like you're wearing anything at all. It blends into my skin really good (olive skin tone) i do really love it and find the smell really nice weirdly the only con is that it drys around my nose

on 4/7/2015 7:52:00 PM

When I applied this bb cream it had a very nice medium coverage and a matte finish throughout the entire day. The next day, I broke out in hives. I hate this bb cream and will never repurchase again. It also doesn't have a wide color selection. And even the medium shade was too light for me when I am normally a light/ fair

on 4/5/2015 12:26:00 PM

I was reaaally excited to buy this BB-cream!
I see it has gotten pretty good reviews, and it was really popular last year but... i hate it.(and it hates me back!)
After applying it, my face looked a bit orange,So it didn't blend into my kinda pale skin tone. (I bought the lightest color) The coverage was okay.Although it felt greasy.
After wearing it for about a week my skin started changing. I was getting greasier and started breaking out. The BB-cream was making me so oily and clogging my pores.
So for a few months i had really bad breakouts all over my face (it was terrible ;_;)
Now everytime i try using this product again (to see if it was really THIS product that made me get acne) I breakout... -_-''
So that was MY experience with this BB-cream. Wouldn't reccomend it! xD

on 4/4/2015 2:42:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very sheer, light coverage. Blended easily on me, but the reason why I did not like it was because it made me oily only 2 hours after application. I don't usually get too shiny but this product sped up the oil production or something. Bummer because I really wanted to like it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had wanted a BB cream for a while, and after watching a bunch of YouTube video recommendations, I bought this one. I didn't pay close enough attention to the color, so I bought it darker than I should have; but that was my fault. The tube has 1 fl. oz. of product, and after a month of use, it still feels very full. The packaging claims to be an "8-in-1 Beaty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector." It is 2% salicylic acid which is supposed to prevent acne. It says it can clear acne, conceal imperfections, minimize pores, reduce redness, adjust to skin tone, hydrate and smoothen, enhance and clarify, and feels lightweight and not oily.

Of those eight things, I'd say it does most of them. Here's a quick overview:
1. Clears/prevents acne: I don't have a major acne problem except flare-ups around my period time, but the product hasn't irritated my skin. I'm not sure how it works if you have bad acne.
2. Conceals imperfections: My skin is pretty tame and I don't need heavy coverage, so the minimal coverage conceals small imperfections.
3. Minimizes pores: It minimizes my pores for a while, though it doesn't last all day (as most BB creams don't).
4. Reduces redness: My skin tone is fairly even, though it does make most of any redness disappear.
5. Adjusts to skin tone: I bought the wrong shade, and it originally looks really orange on me. But when I blend it in, it's not very noticeable. I'd still repurchase in a lighter shade, but it does blend to my skin.
6. Hydrates and smooths: I use this product after a daily moisturizer, so I don't know how it moisturizes on its own. But with both the other moisturizer and this one, my skin feels really soft.
7. Enhances and clarifies: I have no idea what that means, so no comment.
8. 0% oils and lightweight feel: This is super lightweight, which I really love. The coverage is light, but that's all I need. It doesn't feel oily at all, and I love that it covers small imperfections without making me feel like I'm wearing a makeup mask.

Overall, I really like this product. My fault for buying the wrong shade, but that aside, it's a great product for light coverage and a natural feel. If you need heavier coverage, though, this won't do it.

on 4/1/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted a sheer lightweight foundation that would cover up some of my redness and blur my pores (My skin is very oily and very clog-prone). A friend recommended this to me, so I wanted to give it a shot! It was $9 at Rite-Aid. I'm light with pink undertones so I got the shade light/medium (the second shade). I applied this over moisturizer. I do have dry patches with my oily skin, but this applied very well. It clung a little to my dry cheeks, but it wasn't too noticeable. The cream had a sheer tint that matched my skin tone perfectly, but it felt a bit greasy even tho I only applied a pea sized amount to my face. I set it with powder. What I loved was how my face looked smooth and almost poreless. It also looked very "skin-like" and natural. This lasted me about 4 hours until I had to repowder. It didn't get patchy and melt off my face tho! For the price, I loved the coverage it gave and I thought the oil control was ok- it was workable. However, one day after wearing this, I was irritated and I started to break out on my forehead and a little on my cheeks. The salicylic acid irritated my nose and cheeks a little too (my skin doesn't like SA). If you're skin isn't too sensitive, I would try it out. I'm still on the search for a bb cream.