April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This may be one of the most wonderful drugstore finds I've ever made. I have tried tons of face oils from $ to $$$ and this one is the only one I would repurchase so far! It's very hydrating and a little goes a very long way, it absorbs well, and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It's very easy to overdo this one so remember less is more with this particular oil. Although not a problem for me, I feel I should mention that it's heavily fragranced (not sure if it's just the scent of one of the oils contained therein or if it's added fragrance) so if you're sensitive to that sort of thing, proceed with caution. I have been using this oil along with the Glow Renewal day/night cream with precious oils, and in under a month I have cut the cost of my skincare in half because together these two products moisturize better than the lengthy layers and steps of my former skincare routine. I no longer have to layer serums, lotions, creams, etc...just the Glow Renewal cream followed by 3-4 drops of this oil patted on, and my aging skin is no longer dull and dry. Huge thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by coralipscomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used half a bottle of this product already and I am in love. I noticed a difference in my skin's brightness after using this for about a week; even my mom noticed! I like the warm scent of this product and how smoothly it goes in. It soaks in fairly quickly, and doesn't leave a sheen if you rub it in enough. I've used it at night and also underneath my makeup during the day. I would totally recommend this product; it didn't clog my pores at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used an entire bottle of this. Initially I used it twice a day but it left me much too shiny during the day so I switched to bedtime only. I feel it did make a difference in skin texture especially got rid of some persistent dry flaky spots. The oil does seem to disappear into the skin. The scent is pleasant but may not be good for some. The dropper bottle is great. I dropped a few drops in my palm and dabbed all over face and neck then massaged in as directed on the label. Of course it is not a miracle but does replace some of the youthful oils I spent the first half of my life scrubbing off. No breakouts noted. I do plan to buy this again when on sale. For now I have refilled the little bottle with EVOO which gives a similar effect for a lot less money but does not soak into the skin as easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by meegie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This felt really nice on my face. Not too oily, not too shiny. Unfortunately, it also made me break out and I'm still trying to clear up the spots two weeks after I stopped using it. I didn't want to throw it away, so I use a few drops mixed in with my body lotion instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When this was all the rage, I got swept up in the hype and although, thought it was quite pricey for a drug store product, I plunked down the cash for it. Hey, I'm a woman who will be 50 this July so if anyone wants their glow back, it's me! I applied and waited - applied and waited - applied and waited! When was my glow going to appear? As it turns out, it never did. This serum is great for moisturizing - at least it gave me THAT - but it touted a "youthful glow" and that's what I bought it for. Duped once again. Needless to say, I won't repurchase. My glow's out there - I just have to keep trying to find it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

I'm only 15, but I needed something that would help my skin become more radiant and soft looking. THIS IS IT! In conjunction with the Texture Perfecter serum, my skin looks more radiant than ever. Also, the directions say to use 4 to 5 drops but I only use 3 because it can look really oily if I use more. All in all, this is a wonderful product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Nellyjelly97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recommend this product 100% , I suffered from dry flakey skin especially now that's it winter time . This product helped with both scars & dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm super disappointed this didn't work for my skin as its gotten rave reviews here! For reference, I have clog-prone, sensitive, combination skin that's suffering from dry patches due to the cold, wintry weather in Michigan! Bought this to use as a night time moisturizer and at first, it was love. Sure, it didn't quite absorb into my skin and felt a bit heavy, but it def helped with dryness.

3 days later I started noticing clogged pores and blackheads all over my cheeks and nose where I rarely EVER get acne, I continued to use as I wanted to give this product a fair try but one week was all my poor skin could take:/

The packaging is very luxe for a DS price, love the dropper and golden color. But the smell is overwhelming--like a rose garden and it doesn't dissipate over time, I can smell it all night long. The ingredients are impressive as well but why the added perfume?! Really kills me Loreal did that.

Overall, this sits on my vanity collecting dust, it's very pretty to look at but looks are deceiving. Unfortunately, this face oil caused a bad bout of pimples for me and I warn all sensitive skinned gals/guys that the fragrance is overwhelming and made me itch. Def not a repurchase, nor will I try using it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

This is a very beautiful facial oil, the smell, texture and performance make it feel like a much more high end product. I don't use this every night only when my skin becomes dry from retin a. It soothes and hydrates my skin. The only con is the packaging; the dropper has become hard to open and I have to open it by twisting the rubber part and that's a bit of a nuisance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this product reading an article titled '10 Doctor Recommended Drugstore Moisturizers' (article found here: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/skin-care/dermatalogists-drugstore-moisturizers?link=rel&dom=yah_life&src=syn&mag=har ) and figured i would give it a try!

I love this oil! I have very sensitive combination skin that is prone to breakouts with the wrong product. I use Renova (a retina A product) at night and this in the day. Wow! it is great! Nice sanitary packaging with dropper to dispense product. I rub this on and it sinks right into my skin giving me a glow that keeps on going all day long. It is not greasy and my foundation applies smoothly with or without a primer.

I would really recommend this to EVERYONE! I tried Bobbi Brown's oil and it made me break out after one application...This stuff is truly amazing.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No