L'Oreal L'Oreal Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil

4.1

CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • OLEA EUROPAEA OIL/OLIVE FRUIT OIL • SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS OIL/ JOJOBA SEED OIL • CAMELINA SATIVA OIL/ CAMELINA SATIVA SEED OIL • HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED K8OIL/SUNFLOWER SEED OIL • ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL • PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE • ZEA MAYS OIL/CORN OIL • PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL/APRICOT KERNEL OIL • PASSIFLORA EDULIS OIL/ PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL • ORYZA SATIVA BRAN OIL/RICE BRAN OIL • TOCOPHEROL • LIMONENE • PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS FLOWER OIL • CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS PEEL OIL/ORANGE PEEL OIL • CITRONELLOL • LINALOOL • ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF OIL/ROSEMARY LEAF OIL • GERANIOL • ORIGANUM MAJORANA LEAF OIL • LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA OIL/LAVENDER OIL • ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER OIL • LAVANDULA HYBRIDA OIL • CUCUMIS SATIVUS FRUIT EXTRACT/CUCUMBER FRUIT EXTRACT • BENZYL ALCOHOL • CITRAL • CURCUMA LONGA EXTRACT/TURMERIC ROOT EXTRACT • EUGENOL • COUMARIN • SCLAREOLIDE • ROSA SPP/ROSE FLOWER OIL • JASMINUM OFFICINALE EXTRACT/JASMINE EXTRACT • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE

on 6/15/2015 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've only tried a couple oils, but I'm in love with this one. It's HG and I don't feel that I need to try others. That's saying a lot, because I'm a product junkie. I love to try different products and compare. The way my skins feels in the morning, coupled with the scent of this-- it's just heavenly. I have oily skin, so I can only use it at night. I may mix with my moisturizer during the day in winter. I have no doubt I'll repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

On a whim, I purchased this product five days ago from London Drugs; it was on sale, and the store's return policy is excellent. I was skeptical of the results that the product would produce, and figured that I'd likely return it, unsatisfied.

I was wrong. Boy, was I wrong!

My skin: normaldry, and often dehydrated, due to my neglect of drinking enough water. At 40, I have but a few expression lines across my forehead, and very slight, extremely fine lines at the bottom of my orbital areathe latter of which appear when I'm dehydrated (everyone's skin does this when they're dehydrated, regardless of age). Therefore, I was interested in this product's hydrating properties only.

Having tried the product (on my hand), via a tester on display, weeks prior, I knew that the oil blend led the product to be quite pungent in its scent, but that within ten or so minutes, the scent would dissipate, leaving behind silky, smooth, plump skin.

This is exactly what it does to the skin on my face, too. The aroma is pleasant, but does not linger for more than 20 minutes, tops. My skin becomes plump, dewy (but not greasy), smooth, and soft. No "glow", but I wasn't expecting such to happen.

I have tried ber expensive Rodin Olio Lusso, and achieved the exact same results, so why would I pay $150 for a bottle of that, when the L'Oral oil gives me the hydration and smoothing that I've sought, too?

It works well under any of my moisturizers, does not cause makeup slippage, nor have I noticed any blackheads (I use a Clarisonic 45 times per week, however).

I'm giving the product 4 lippies, because I'm not happy that L'Oral allegedly still does animal testing, but also because I don't LOVE the fragrance (it could be lighter in scent), or the fact that the bottle isn't accident proof (klutzes like me: tend to knock-over and spill tall, narrow bottles).

on 4/4/2015 8:46:00 PM

First of all, I love face oils and this one is not an exception. Feels good on the skin, it's moisturizing... Helps me a lot, since I start using retin a. I don't use it every day tho, I rotate 3 oils at the moments, so my skin don't get used to them and they keep working. The downside is: it's heavily fragranced. The package is kind of annoying after sometime using the product, now it's really hard to open the bottle. It never broke me out, but my skin is very tolerant to oils in general. If your skin tend to break out with oils, maybe this is not for you.

on 3/25/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this. A little goes a long way. Absorbs quickly. Scent is a bit strong but dissipates quickly.

on 3/15/2015 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Normally this is priced at $28 CAD but I found it at sale this week for $17. I have used the midnight recovery oil by Kiehl's and fell in love with it....but not the price ($50-90), so I was on the hunt for a cheaper alternative. This wasn't it. Although both products smell similar and leave my face feeling incredibly soft, the L'oreal oil broke me out the next morning. For $17 I was not expecting miracles, but I also was not expecting to wake up with 10 tiny pimples and one massive cystic pimple on my cheek. My skin was clear and I was just looking to clear up a few acne scars. I love the packaging and the idea of it, but it needs to be reformulated/there needs to be a second product for sensitive skin. I would definitely purchase it if they did that. I gave this two lippies for ease of use and the way it initially made my skin feel.

UPDATE: For some strange reason I gave this oil another chance last night. This time I only applied it to the right side of my face. Now my cystic pimple has a family of 3....thanks L'Oreal....

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Good lord, I RARELY get acne, i mean sure a few bumps on the chin before my period. i started using this stuff and i kept breaking out in tiny little zits on my CHEEKS, TEMPLES, and chin! Wow this product is shit. which sucks because it feels very nice going on. what a shame.

SUPERB. I have tried almost all the 'high end' oils, including decleor and clarins and this is the best I've used. The oil is a 'dry' oil, so can be used both for day and night. The scent is heavenly, light but aromatic and the lightness and lack of oily residue are all plus points.
At night, I use this on slightly damp skin and on dry in the morning under my moisturizer.
I love it. The packaging is good but its what inside the bottle that's the magic. This is a lovely product and brightens and tones skin, evening out tone and increasing firmness, and this is after only a few days of use.

on 12/6/2014 4:23:00 PM

Love it!!! I've used dozens of facial oils and this one is the one I reach for (over Clarins Orchid oil, Marula Oil, Pure Argan oil, etc.) I also use (and LOVE) the Night Cream in this line. Totally saved my skin!!

on 11/29/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I won a bottle of this in a magazine giveaway. And I'm impressed. I'm 63, but my skin is still oily and acne prone. I use adapalene at night, and I was following that with a moisturizer (CeraVe lotion, which my skin really likes). For the past week, I've been using this oil instead of CeraVe, and my skin has improved. It feels moisturized, smoother, and is indeed a bit brighter. I find it too oily to use during the day. I might repurchase, but first I'd try using plain grapeseed oil. I'm not convinced that cosmetic oil offerings offer any benefits over supermarket oils besides nice packaging. FYI, I've begun rubbing jojoba oil on my skin before washing my makeup off at night, and it seems to dissolve the excess oil in my skin and leave it cleaner after using my regular face wash (CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, which I love).

on 11/26/2014 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry and sensitive skin, so I have been using oils to moisturize my face for quite some time. My all time favorite oil is maracuja oil or passionfruit oil, which I purchase online.

But my interest was piqued when I saw the L'Oreal face oil. So I decided to give it try.

The first week, I was quite happy with it. It's not as moisturizing as some of the oils I have used. But it did sink in very quickly, and left my skin feeling velvety soft. Used in the morning, it made a lovely base underneathe my foundation.

But by the 2nd week, I started to get these red itchy patches on my forehead and on my cheeks. I think some of the essential oils or maybe the fragrance was irritating my skin. I stopped using the oil right away, and the red patches went away after a few days.

I will probably use it as a cuticle oil just to use it up.