Jordana Best Volume Extreme Volumizing Mascara

2.6

on 4/2/2015 4:52:00 PM

I mistakenly picked up this mascara instead of the Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara (had read some rave reviews), which I didn't realize my error until a couple of weeks into using it. I initially wondered if I was losing my mind because this mascara is quite bad.

As other reviewers have stated, this is a very dry formula, which typically is good for my wimpy, Asian-straight lashes. However, somehow this mascara still tends to weight down and straighten out my curl - what's that about? Also, yes, it's very clumpy. It's been awhile since I've encountered a mascara THIS clumpy, even after I've wiped some of the product off the opening of the tube. Actual clumps form on individual lashes and of course my lashes fuse together within a few strokes. Of course it also smudges throughout the day. I will say the ginormous brush is excellent at coating all my very sparse lashes, but that and the low price of this product are the only pros of this mascara.

I will not be repurchasing this. I think I will probably be tossing it the next time I see it in my stash! Life's too short for underwhelming mascara!

on 1/20/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I want to say I'm surprised at the mixed reviews, but when it comes to mascara it truly is "to each his own". I think this is a great mascara, especially for $3. Now to be frank, my eyelashes are naturally long and has a somewhat curl to it, so most mascaras work for me.
So with that being said this mascara meets basically all criterias for me. It can be a natural yet fluffy eyelash look or a more dramatic and thick voluminous eye lash look; I enjoy the versatility. So it's definitely buildable but it never gets clumpy! It also doesn't run or crease on my oily lids. I tend to use it in conjunction with the pink lid lengthening one and its the perfect match. I'd like a waterproof version as well but otherwise I don't have any issues with it, it's a great mascara.

on 1/20/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The first time I used this I was amazed. It was the best mascara I had ever used to create a full lash look, damn near false status. Excellent volumizing and picked up every lash. It really opened up my eyes and created a beautiful lash effect, for just $2.50!

However, after the initial use the formula went from buildable and crumble-free to clumpy and full of mascara crumbs. I really had to comb through to get rid of them all. The formula, practically overnight, became a lot drier and even one coat was barely possible without a mess. It still creates a wonderfully voluminous and thick lash effect, and props up curl decently, but the mess outweighs it.

I am planning to go back and get the version with the regular brush, rather than the big brush like this one, as that seems to be the better-rated one.

on 11/21/2014 5:22:00 PM

This mascara was an epic fail. The brush is huge! The formula is dry! and it doesn't give my volume. I've used it only a few times, and its a mascara that I will not look for in my collection. Glad I only spent $3 at my local Walgreens...this is will be in my "for emergencies only" makeup bag. I prefer the original Jordana best volume mascara (black tube with purple letters).

on 6/30/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This review is for the Jordana mascara with the green lettering and cap. Don't even THINK about trying this one out. Like everybody else in Makeup Alley land, I LOVE the Jordana mascara with the purple writing on the tube. I had read the so-so reviews on this product and wanted to try it out for myself.

First of all, the mascara is very, very DRY. Applying it feels like you are applying mascara from a six month old tube that is on its last legs. The brush is also HUGE.

During my poor college student days, I used to stretch a mascara tube to inhuman lengths. I would pump every last bit out of a tube that I possibly could so that I could save the five bucks or so that it took to replace a mascara. The truth is, I usually did not have five bucks to my name to purchase a new mascara. Fast forward a few years, I have a good paying job but I still like to be frugal. I have found quite a few Jordana products over the years that I love, the lipsticks are good and the original Jordana mascara with the purple writing on the tube rocks my world. This product however...it's straight up DOO-DOO! I could not get my lashes to look good with this...it does not thicken and it does not lengthen. I topped this CRAP off with a layer of L’Oreal Voluminous and went to work, but not before I pitched this garbage directly into the trash can.

Do yourself a huge favor...don't buy this garbage. Pick up the original Jordana with the purple letters on the tube 5 tubes at time like I do. I never want to be without that great stuff! This crappola? Jordana really need to stop production on it!

on 5/19/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Tried this because I had heard that Jordana products were good for the money and because it' s made in the US. This product would be ok if you were on vacation, forgot your mascara and needed a cheap fix. Otherwise, I wasn't impressed. It flaked a little. Not much for increasing lash thickness or length. I find Dior Show superior, and L'oreal Butterfly the best for drugstore price. (Jordana is good for lipsticks).

on 3/17/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Probably the WORST mascara I have ever used!! Thick, clumpy application. Flaked and dried up and fell off all over my face in. Irritated my eyes terribly. BAD product!!!

on 2/28/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara with the green writing by accident, as I wanted the other one with the pink purply writing. I can't compare the two but for what it's worth this mascara is awful.

First off, straight out of the packaging, the formula was dry, drier than most. It irritated me because it's just gonna get worse as time goes by. I know it's cheap but what's the point of buying new mascara all the time, it's gonna add up quick. The brush is way too big, normally I would love a brush that size but even for my big eyes and lashes, it's just too much brush. And then there's the formula, this flakes when your putting it on, and the one thing I absolutely can't stand is the wear after a couple hours. My lashes tend to touch just underneath my eyebrows, they always have, my lashes are naturally long. I can see the the black markings left over under my eyebrows. No mascara has ever, I mean ever done that! In the trash this goes, I'm super disappointed, I'm hoping the other jordana one will be better but who knows. If that's a fail, I'm gonna continue buying my HG Maybelline Full n Soft and Loreal voluminous.

on 1/9/2014 12:14:00 AM

I only got this one because my brother thought this was the highly-raved Jordana mascara and bought this for me instead (and being a guy, he saw this was cheaper by a few cents and figured all mascaras were the same anyway)

I like the volumising effect, it definitely darkens my Asian eyelashes. My eyelashes are dark, and an ok-length, but my eyelashes are too fine and can't really be seen from a distance. I find applying this works nicely...BUT.

I have combination, acne prone skin, and I tend to get slightly oily around the eye area. This isn't waterproof and it SMUDGES like crazy! I had to carry around makeup remover wipes and wipe throughout the day which wasn't exactly fun :| otherwise I would get panda eyes - not really noticeable, friends thought I was trying out the smoky eye look....but panda eyes nonetheless.

Bought the normal Jordana mascara last week and it's so much better - no clumps and no smudging! I apply both mascaras together and it's nice enough, but once this tube runs out I'm getting another volumising mascara. Would not repurchase.

on 12/31/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am over 55 yrs old & Liking most of the Jordana line of cosmetics, & finding them accessible at my local Walgreens; I have tried the lipliners, eyeliners, & the Best Volume mascara. Its a very simple tube, no package to rip open which I like, it less than $2.00 and I found that it does what it says it will do. It does give volume to the lashes, its buildable so three coats of mascara does the job. For me, 1 application is all thats required and then I apply false lashes. However, I have used it alone, without false lashes, its simple and natural looking for everyday wear. I have not had it flake or wear away. It is not water proof, but if I want water proof mascara I will buy that brand.
I like it, will repurchase again. Remember everyone is different and it may not work for you but for the price, you will not be out lots of $$ if it doesn't work for any reason. But try it ...