August 28, 2014 | 1793 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Volume Extreme volumizing mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the Jordana mascara with the green lettering and cap. Don't even THINK about trying this one out. Like everybody else in Makeup Alley land, I LOVE the Jordana mascara with the purple writing on the tube. I had read the so-so reviews on this product and wanted to try it out for myself.

First of all, the mascara is very, very DRY. Applying it feels like you are applying mascara from a six month old tube that is on its last legs. The brush is also HUGE.

During my poor college student days, I used to stretch a mascara tube to inhuman lengths. I would pump every last bit out of a tube that I possibly could so that I could save the five bucks or so that it took to replace a mascara. The truth is, I usually did not have five bucks to my name to purchase a new mascara. Fast forward a few years, I have a good paying job but I still like to be frugal. I have found quite a few Jordana products over the years that I love, the lipsticks are good and the original Jordana mascara with the purple writing on the tube rocks my world. This product however...it's straight up DOO-DOO! I could not get my lashes to look good with this...it does not thicken and it does not lengthen. I topped this CRAP off with a layer of L’Oreal Voluminous and went to work, but not before I pitched this garbage directly into the trash can.

Do yourself a huge favor...don't buy this garbage. Pick up the original Jordana with the purple letters on the tube 5 tubes at time like I do. I never want to be without that great stuff! This crappola? Jordana really need to stop production on it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ihateu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried this because I had heard that Jordana products were good for the money and because it' s made in the US. This product would be ok if you were on vacation, forgot your mascara and needed a cheap fix. Otherwise, I wasn't impressed. It flaked a little. Not much for increasing lash thickness or length. I find Dior Show superior, and L'oreal Butterfly the best for drugstore price. (Jordana is good for lipsticks).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mollymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably the WORST mascara I have ever used!! Thick, clumpy application. Flaked and dried up and fell off all over my face in. Irritated my eyes terribly. BAD product!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

I bought this mascara with the green writing by accident, as I wanted the other one with the pink purply writing. I can't compare the two but for what it's worth this mascara is awful.

First off, straight out of the packaging, the formula was dry, drier than most. It irritated me because it's just gonna get worse as time goes by. I know it's cheap but what's the point of buying new mascara all the time, it's gonna add up quick. The brush is way too big, normally I would love a brush that size but even for my big eyes and lashes, it's just too much brush. And then there's the formula, this flakes when your putting it on, and the one thing I absolutely can't stand is the wear after a couple hours. My lashes tend to touch just underneath my eyebrows, they always have, my lashes are naturally long. I can see the the black markings left over under my eyebrows. No mascara has ever, I mean ever done that! In the trash this goes, I'm super disappointed, I'm hoping the other jordana one will be better but who knows. If that's a fail, I'm gonna continue buying my HG Maybelline Full n Soft and Loreal voluminous.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara well enough, but for me it did not work as advertised. That is, it added no volume whatsoever to my lashes.
It is very black, and it adds a lot of length and definition, it's comparable to L'Oreal Telescopic Lengthening mascara. However, I wanted volume, not length and definition.
It seems to work differently for different people, and there's not much to lose as the price is so low. But I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by childowild

I only got this one because my brother thought this was the highly-raved Jordana mascara and bought this for me instead (and being a guy, he saw this was cheaper by a few cents and figured all mascaras were the same anyway)

I like the volumising effect, it definitely darkens my Asian eyelashes. My eyelashes are dark, and an ok-length, but my eyelashes are too fine and can't really be seen from a distance. I find applying this works nicely...BUT.

I have combination, acne prone skin, and I tend to get slightly oily around the eye area. This isn't waterproof and it SMUDGES like crazy! I had to carry around makeup remover wipes and wipe throughout the day which wasn't exactly fun :| otherwise I would get panda eyes - not really noticeable, friends thought I was trying out the smoky eye look....but panda eyes nonetheless.

Bought the normal Jordana mascara last week and it's so much better - no clumps and no smudging! I apply both mascaras together and it's nice enough, but once this tube runs out I'm getting another volumising mascara. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Rennis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am over 55 yrs old & Liking most of the Jordana line of cosmetics, & finding them accessible at my local Walgreens; I have tried the lipliners, eyeliners, & the Best Volume mascara. Its a very simple tube, no package to rip open which I like, it less than $2.00 and I found that it does what it says it will do. It does give volume to the lashes, its buildable so three coats of mascara does the job. For me, 1 application is all thats required and then I apply false lashes. However, I have used it alone, without false lashes, its simple and natural looking for everyday wear. I have not had it flake or wear away. It is not water proof, but if I want water proof mascara I will buy that brand.
I like it, will repurchase again. Remember everyone is different and it may not work for you but for the price, you will not be out lots of $$ if it doesn't work for any reason. But try it ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is good enough to be in my arsenal, and sometimes Chanel is slumming for me. So this mascara really earns it's medals. I use it when I'm in a hurry. It does not lengthen as well as I want, but for the price it gets the job done. It's good for vacations or when you are okay with possibly losing your luggage and have to replace a mascara. Perfectly acceptable, but not fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Lollikist

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I prefer this mascara over the other one with the purple lettering. I did one eye with one and my other eye with this one.
Although the brush is a bit big, it leaves the end of your lashes more fluttery compared to the other item. It also takes a lot less applications, and it comes out just as dark.

For the value, it's a great buy. You'll find other mascara's more expensive that don't do as good as a job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

I actually liked this mascara- and liked it much better than the regular jordana volume mascara. The reason it gets a four though is because its not waterproof and i have to use it in conjunction with a waterproof mascara to set the curl. This mascara has a much larger brush, so if you have small eyes or really short lashes it may not work well to apply and might smudge on eyelids or something. Pulling the wand out the stopper seemed to hold back enough mascara so it's not clumpy. The regular jordana volume mascara is HORRIBLE with the clumps for me since it seems to have no stopper and I can't wipe enough to prevent clumps. I use maybelline full n soft, lash discovery or cover girl lash exact ( all waterproof) to set the curl and then sweep this Jordana mascara with the green cap and I have longer and thicker lashes. It lasts through a work day, won't smudge (which is a big issue for me) and won't flake during my work day! I've tried so so so many mascaras and most smudge. The price is nice, it won't make my straight lashes fall if I set the curl with a wp mascara first...nice! I will repurchase!