September 23, 2014 | 1733 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Diorshow Fusion Mono Eyeshadow - Millenium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get why the girl from Temptalia loves them so much. They are OK. Easy to apply, the finish is nice but not amazing. Not long lasting on me, creases after 4 hours. I much prefer invest in a MAC paint pot. Will defintely not repurchase. I prefer invest in a quad from Dior, or their Rosy Glow products which are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Icantrememberallmyaliases

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll admit, there was some reservation on my part when I was about to hit "Submit" for a makeup order, one of which was a Dior eyeshadow, just because it was so pricey by my standard. Until then, I had never spent more than $18 on a shadow, and that was already pushing it, but I just had to have this one.

It's Dior's "Millennium" eye shadow, which I would describe as an olive-taupe-khaki, with very, very fine sparkles that feel soft and are not overwhelming.

The texture is very buttery-soft, and mousse-like, yet this product is a powder. It lasts all day on the eyelids, does not budge, smudge, nor does it move at all. Each eyeshadow comes with a smudge brush, housed in a stainless steel shell with a lid. The smudge brush can be used to apply the product either very intensely, or more sheered out, as shown in a picture I've uploaded.

I will definitely purchase more in the future, because it is so worth it. What I love most about this eyeshadow is how versatile it is; you can dress it up or down. I've worn it with my nighttime makeup, as well as made it part of my daytime routine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Jekini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Dior products and 80% of my make up is Dior. But this eyeshadow.... The worst product ever. I can t bee more unhappy with it. Lets just say I instantly but two shades and my reaction after using it for a while was.....
I do not recomend this to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

When I bought it (with a 50% discount) I didn't really expect anything because all cream eyeshadows crease on me (Chanel, Shiseido etc included). I just loved the colour and decided to go for it. This one does crease on me but only if I don't use any base (my base is UD). Also if I don't use any base there is a major fallout going on. And it's rather uncomfortable because I can feel these glittery bits in my eyes and I can see them on my glasses as well. The brush it comes with is cute but I don't use it. There is no way to apply this eyeshadow without any fallout with a brush. You have to use your fingers and just pat it on. You do get enough time to apply and blend before it sets (don't over-blend otherwise the glitters will be all over the place). Actually I quite dislike glittery eyeshadows but this one is fairly discent.You can wear it in the office if you have a light hand :) Overall I am quite pleased and would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily monolid eyes.

Creased within a few hrs, no matter how I set it underneath via primer or matte shadows or paint pot type base. WAH b/c the color is so beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Robin1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful selection of colors and really glamorous on, BUT... really irritated my eyes. The first time I tried these cream eyeshadows I was not wearing contact lenses. After a few hours of wearing my eyelids felt slightly irritated and my eyes felt like they had dust in them. I also noticed a considerable amount of fallout on my cheeks. The second time I tried these shadows I WAS wearing contact lenses... MAJOR mistake... not only did I feel like I had dust in my eyes, but it was trapped behind my contact lenses. Both times my eyes were really gunked up and watery (I suppose trying to clean the particles out of my eyes). I wanted to like this product, but it's a no-go for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by melzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OH MY, Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadow in Millenium, how I love you. This is one of the most beautiful eyeshadow I own and It just screams luxury!

First, let me talk about the texture. It is described as mousse-gel texture. This eyeshadow feels like no other eyeshadow I have ever used. It really does feels like mousse! You could push the eyeshadow around the jar if you wanted to, but I won't because I wanna keep it looking nice (think Maybelline bouncy blush). When I swipe it on my lid (with a clean finger) it feels so incredibly smooth! It just glides like a dream. This also blends really easy. Again, using only my finger I was able to blend it out really easy. Now why do I use my finger you ask? I tried it with both a brush and the tiny sponge applicator it comes with, and my finger deposits the most eyeshadow to my eyes.

Now lets talk about the color. This is a pewter shade with BILLIONS of micro glitter. And when I say micro, these things are the smallest, tinniest, micro-est glitters. That said, the pigmentation of the eyshadow is great. So great that I was able to use it just with just my Lorac eyeshadow primer. No colored base needed. I mean I'm sure you could use a colored eyeshadow base, such as black, but it is great by itself too.

This last a whole work day. This is the second day using this eyeshadow. As I mention, I do use a primer. I never ever use eyeshadow without a primer, no matter what brand or quality, it has become second nature to me to always apply primer before eyeshadow. I have mono (sometimes oily) lids and my problem with eyeshadow is creasing. Did this crease? NOPE! It stayed on pretty well. I did see a small bit of fading at the end of the day, but it is nothing that a colored eyeshadow base can't fix (will try this trick tomorrow and update).

*Update: Used MAC's Blackground Paint Pot and it helped a lot with not fading.

No fallout. When I think glitter eyeshadow I think: Fallout. No fallout is so important to me, being a corrective contact lenses user. I didn't experience fallout during application and during the day while using this eyeshadow. During removal it was great, I didn't get any in my eyes. That is a great PLUS.

I purchase mine from Nordstrom for $30.00 It comes with the eyeshadow and a super cute little eyeshadow sponge (with a metal handle and cover).

Packaging. It comes in a sleek glass jar. The screw top lid is metal. This definitely has weight to it. Comparing the weight to MAC paint pots or Maybelline Collor Tattoo, this is definitely heavier. Packaging looks really expensive. Looks really nice on top of my vanity.

Highly recommend!

Aloha for reading and I hope this review was helpful to you!! =D

**11/7/2013 Edit: For fall out issues. As I mentioned, use a PRIMER and use clean FINGERS. Primer will help the eyeshadow adhere to your lids. Using your fingers will help to PACK the product to your lids securing it in its place. Using a brush or sponge applicators will definitely give you fall out on application and during wear time throughout the day because you are not securing the eyeshadow in its place.

Your fingers are magical makeup tools... so use them!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No