August 28, 2014 | 918 users online

Lip Treatments - Blistex - Lip Vibrance

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by MaiTy

This gives a nice rosy tint to lips with a bit of shimmer and gloss. I like that is has SPF. The scent is sort of a fake berry scent. It's not my favorite type of scent, but it is bearable & fades fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered this at Walgreen's yesterday. Why hasn't someone thought of this before? This will be perfect for me in the summer when I'm motorcycling with hubby. Now I don't have to carry a lip spf and a lipstick. Color is a neutral pink with shimmer. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the mirror is unnecessary. It's too little to view yourself and kind of gimmicky. This is something I can see having at my desk during the day as well, just to do a quick freshening up. I like this~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Blistex and have used their products since I was a kid, but this one missed the mark for me. My biggest complaint is the scent. It's really sickly sweet. Regular Blistex products tend to have a medicinal scent to them, but on this one they were obviously going for some kind of berry type scent. I guess if you like sweet scented lip products this might be fine, but the scent never goes away and I find it very irritating. It also is lightly sweet flavored, which I could also have passed on.

As far as moisturizing goes, it's just ok. If you don't really suffer from dry lips, this might be enough, but it is definitely lacking the heavy duty moisturizing benefits of the many other Blistex varieties available. It feels lighter than some of the other products and doesn't have the same medicated tingle. It's just a plain old balm, nothing special.

The color is very sheer, but noticeable. It does give a nice glow to the lips. No huge complaints here since it is marketed as a lightly tinted lip balm and it is just that. If you want a lot of color payoff, look elsewhere.

I'm also not a fan of the larger tube packaging. I much prefer the regular Chapstick sized tube, which other products in their line do come in. The balm stick itself is also larger, but other than taking up more space, I don't see any particular benefit of that. It doesn't fit as nicely in my pocket this way.

If you're looking for balms with more color payoff, there are plenty of lip butters from a ton of companies that would provide more color. If you're looking for more moisturizing properties, you'd do better to go with one of the more traditional Blistex varieties.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by mdriggers09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

More than just a chapstick or lipbalm this actually has decent pigmentaion and is super moisturizing. I actually wore it over my lip liner instead of a lipstick and it looked aweseome. Definitely my go-to lip stuff now

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my third tube and I love it! I use this more for color than as a lip balm. Although it is moisturizing enough for lips that aren't dry or peeling, it might not be enough if you have that problem. To moisturize my lips at night I use Dr. Bronner's or Rosebud, but for color, this is just what I love. It comes in a strawberry-colored tube and the color of the product itself looks like a really deep strawberry. However, on the lips it's a sheer rosy color with a sheen (no obvious glitter). On me, it's a little bit deeper MLBB. I use it instead of lip gloss many days. One complaint is that although I love the color I wish there were other color options just for fun. For me, it keeps my lips moisturized, gives it a pretty sheer rosy color, tastes like strawberries, has SPF 15, and has decent lasting power. I paid $2.99 for a .13 oz tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by xStarlight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip product is a neutral product for me as it does not moisturize or dry out my lips. The scent smells similar to an artificial strawberry flavoured hard candy and it tastes like strawberries as well. The colour payoff from this product is sheer but close to opaque and will give a good payoff of a medium pink. The packaging is very useful and is similar to the Maybelline Baby Lips packaging. However, I don't think the mirror is that useful for application as I have a hard time trying to look through it since it is small. The texture is smooth and silky but it sits on top of your lips, rather than being absorbed. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product or repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great little tinted lip balm that couldn't be cheaper. I bought this yesterday because I wanted something I could carry in my pocket and apply without looking (although the little mirror in the cap is a nice touch). It does have a strong fake fruit punch scent, but i don't mind that. Very pretty rosy color and subtle shimmer-feels soothing during this brutal winter- perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I lobe that blistex came out with this. Its nothing like lip tone but it does well. It gives your lips a pretty shimmer pink flush that looks natural. Though there is shimmer, its not gritty or chunky. It has a fruity smell that is a little strong but not offensive and i love the mirror on the cap. Also, it keeps lips well moisturized and i love that its not minty. I hope they never discontinue this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I absolutely love these! The product is a glossy tinted balm, with a hint of glimmer in it. It's a very soft, sheer berry red color, and the closest thing (and darn-near exact dupe) I've ever come across to the long-discontinued sheer MAC "Pink Aperitif" LE lipstick from years ago, which is my absolute favorite l/s of all time. Also- if you were a fan of the Eyeko Fat Balms, you'll probably really like the Lip Vibrance. All in all- a great product. I am going to be so sad when/if they discontinue these, it's a perfect lip product in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by strawberryappleorange

What a beautiful surprise! compare to other drugstore tinted lip balms, this one has a lot more color and the texture is very smooth but not too soft. It shows up as a flattering warm pink tone on my lips, perfect for everyday wear. Most importantly, it's very affordable (2 for $5 at CVS) and formulated by a trusted brand. The built in mirror is incredibly cool and convenient.

my only complaint is the scent. o.m.g. It has an awfully fake artificial candy scent! i would rate it 5 if it has a minty scent instead.