December 21, 2014 | 1833 users online

Lip Treatments - Blistex - Lip Vibrance

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a no-brainer. I used to love Blistex Liptone, which was discontinued, and this is very similar, an extremely sheer hint of neutral rose, although this time with a little shimmer. Unlike most Blistex and Chapstick products, this is not drying for me, which would itself rate a hallelujah. To have some color there, and that cute little mirror on the end (though you don't need it to apply), and no fingers needed to apply makes it so worth a try for anyone. Since I can't really wear any lipstick (I could probably find one that isn't drying but it would take too much time and $$$) and have trouble with lip glosses balling up and otherwise misbehaving, this is an absolute MUST. If you like this type of thing, see New York Color Appleicious Lip Balm--you get your choice of color for a similar product at a similar price. Don't discontinue this one, Blistex!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

These are very nice and remind me of Baby Lips but better. This also has a little mirror on the end of the tube. This is very emollient and moisturizing. It has a tinge of red, which reminds me of Baby Lips in Cherry Me.

Nice product that i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by lizavet8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Instant obsession. A contender for the beloved Bonnie Bell Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker. These are $2.44 at Wal Mart, and I buy four at a time. The color is rose, warm, with the slightest hint of shimmer, really pretty, with great ability to moisturize. SPF 15 as wee, so a great product for running our outdoor stuff (beach) when more polished lip products look silly. This has a generic, sweet, fruit smell and taste, but who cares? Will purchase again, four at a time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a combination of a tinted lip balm and lip gloss. It has a slippery texture and a reddish berry tint which I love. The only downfall is that because I think of it lip balm I want to apply excessively and the result is a patchy yet greasy rosy smear. It's almost as if I want to apply a clear lip balm and then apply this to get the perfect coverage and color. Since I don't reach for it as much as my Burt Bees tinted lip balm, I'm sad to say I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by MaiTy

This gives a nice rosy tint to lips with a bit of shimmer and gloss. I like that is has SPF. The scent is sort of a fake berry scent. It's not my favorite type of scent, but it is bearable & fades fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered this at Walgreen's yesterday. Why hasn't someone thought of this before? This will be perfect for me in the summer when I'm motorcycling with hubby. Now I don't have to carry a lip spf and a lipstick. Color is a neutral pink with shimmer. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the mirror is unnecessary. It's too little to view yourself and kind of gimmicky. This is something I can see having at my desk during the day as well, just to do a quick freshening up. I like this~

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Blistex and have used their products since I was a kid, but this one missed the mark for me. My biggest complaint is the scent. It's really sickly sweet. Regular Blistex products tend to have a medicinal scent to them, but on this one they were obviously going for some kind of berry type scent. I guess if you like sweet scented lip products this might be fine, but the scent never goes away and I find it very irritating. It also is lightly sweet flavored, which I could also have passed on.

As far as moisturizing goes, it's just ok. If you don't really suffer from dry lips, this might be enough, but it is definitely lacking the heavy duty moisturizing benefits of the many other Blistex varieties available. It feels lighter than some of the other products and doesn't have the same medicated tingle. It's just a plain old balm, nothing special.

The color is very sheer, but noticeable. It does give a nice glow to the lips. No huge complaints here since it is marketed as a lightly tinted lip balm and it is just that. If you want a lot of color payoff, look elsewhere.

I'm also not a fan of the larger tube packaging. I much prefer the regular Chapstick sized tube, which other products in their line do come in. The balm stick itself is also larger, but other than taking up more space, I don't see any particular benefit of that. It doesn't fit as nicely in my pocket this way.

If you're looking for balms with more color payoff, there are plenty of lip butters from a ton of companies that would provide more color. If you're looking for more moisturizing properties, you'd do better to go with one of the more traditional Blistex varieties.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by mdriggers09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

More than just a chapstick or lipbalm this actually has decent pigmentaion and is super moisturizing. I actually wore it over my lip liner instead of a lipstick and it looked aweseome. Definitely my go-to lip stuff now

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my third tube and I love it! I use this more for color than as a lip balm. Although it is moisturizing enough for lips that aren't dry or peeling, it might not be enough if you have that problem. To moisturize my lips at night I use Dr. Bronner's or Rosebud, but for color, this is just what I love. It comes in a strawberry-colored tube and the color of the product itself looks like a really deep strawberry. However, on the lips it's a sheer rosy color with a sheen (no obvious glitter). On me, it's a little bit deeper MLBB. I use it instead of lip gloss many days. One complaint is that although I love the color I wish there were other color options just for fun. For me, it keeps my lips moisturized, gives it a pretty sheer rosy color, tastes like strawberries, has SPF 15, and has decent lasting power. I paid $2.99 for a .13 oz tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by xStarlight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip product is a neutral product for me as it does not moisturize or dry out my lips. The scent smells similar to an artificial strawberry flavoured hard candy and it tastes like strawberries as well. The colour payoff from this product is sheer but close to opaque and will give a good payoff of a medium pink. The packaging is very useful and is similar to the Maybelline Baby Lips packaging. However, I don't think the mirror is that useful for application as I have a hard time trying to look through it since it is small. The texture is smooth and silky but it sits on top of your lips, rather than being absorbed. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product or repurchase this.