L'Oreal Miss Manga

3.5

Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Silica, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Mica

I'm not a fan of Loreal mascaras (mainly because they smell odd and it's off-putting to me) so I can't even remember why I bought this.

But I'm glad I did :). I must say this is one of my all-time favorite mascaras and I use it on a regular basis.

I like this stuff because it gives my lashes a different look than most mascaras. It volumizes beautifully and fans out my outer lashes in a way that makes them look fake. I will admit, the brush is a little awkward, especially when you're trying to get your lower lashes. However, once I figured out how to work with it (slow strokes, don't try to get too close to your skin, wiggle the brush from side to side to catch your lashes) the results were beautiful.

There is a tad bit of clumping. However, it's not in a bad way...the mascara just groups my lashes together, so instead of coating each individual lash, I look like I have fewer lashes but the look very thick. I think that's actually what this mascara is supposed to do. That's where the intense and beautiful volume comes from. If you put more than 2 coats though, you will have hella ugly clumping. Two coats is all you need.

One more thing, this stuff stays on all day and does not flake off! It will smudge a little if your eyes water, but it's nothing unmanageable. I was impressed by the long wear.

Overall, this is a fantastic mascara if you want tons of volume. You do have to play with the brush to get it to work, but just go slow and don't put too many coats. I promise, the results are great!

Also, it doesn't smell as weird as the other Loreal mascaras. So if you're like me, that's another plus!

on 8/27/2015 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this with Maybelline Lash Sensational on the upper lashes. Adds a bit of volume.

on 8/19/2015 1:34:00 PM

I like the formula of this mascara but its just that the brush is jointed and when you get right up the roots and wiggle up, it splatters all over your eye. Or at least on mine. I do recommend it if you are careful not to get it all over your eyelid and make a huge mess. I know they made a miss manga rock mascara and that one doesn't have a 360° brush so I'm excited to try that one!

on 8/17/2015 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

L'Oreal Miss Manga gets 3.5 stars, since yes it does give thick voluminous lashes.

BUT formula goes on a bit clumpy and the brush @ the end of the wand is a bit limp
like old celery. I always need to run lashes through with a clean mascara wand to remove excess. Trying to apply this to the lower lashes is disasterous—if you try it, you've been forewarned. So basically there's more work involved to get great results.

Sometimes formula does flake on very windy days (like at a beach) and you're sweating,
but usually has good staying power.

Ingredients: No parabens or methylisothiazolinone so that is a big plus :)

on 8/17/2015 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Really bad! Waste of time and money. Runs immediately. Looks awful. Really bad. Loreal double extend tubing mascara is my favorite.

on 8/13/2015 5:16:00 AM

I really hated this mascara because the formula is very thick & tacky for some odd reason. It does not apply evenly to my lashes and make them only look spidery.

on 8/12/2015 6:08:00 PM

Not the best mascara. The brush is odd and wiggly and doesn't really do much to help. It does clump a bit too. Makes your lashes look sort of spidery almost.

on 8/11/2015 2:49:00 PM

I like the effect this has but I have long lashes naturally, and this literally leaves black streaks on my brow bone when my lashes touch it. I thought the first time it was just that I had rubbed my eyes but no. It literally happens when I blink or open my eyes wide. The brush is awkward, the formula stings my eyes and it's impossible to completely remove without makeup remover (which I hardly use and don't even own).

I'm usually not picky about mascara and the cute packaging gave me high hopes but once this tune is done I won't be purchasing this again.

on 8/10/2015 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a pretty limited selection when it comes to selecting drugstore mascaras. For some reason, L'oreal's mascara formulas seem to work best for me as most of the other drugstore brands leave my eyes feeling irritated. I was initially excited with this, the packaging was cute and not as heavy or awkward as some others but this one disappointed me. While they've lengthened my lashes (not by much), it definitely leaves them in clumps. I'll try to give it another go but I don't think I'll be reaching for this one for everyday use.

I really expected so much more out of this mascara because most L'Oreal mascaras are amazing, but this one made my eyes itch and burn. It was very thick and clumpy after a week of trying to "break it in" I ended up just throwing it away, and going back to my holy grail voluminous carbon black.

Video Reviews & Tutorials