August 1, 2014 | 1013 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Miss Manga mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I adore this mascara because it really does a great job for my asian lashes. It really does lengthen and volumize my thin and short lashes. The brush is great. I used it for my upper and lower lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by senhartta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have short eyelashes, and rather than lengthening them this product gave me short, thick, clumpy, messy eyelashes. Definitely not a great mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't resist trying out a new mascara even though I may already have several open tubes at home, especially if it's on sale like this one was when I first saw it on display.
Of course I nabbed one and eagerly opened it to try it out.

For some reason, the newer L'Oreal mascaras seems to have this distinct chemical scent which I don't like. My eyes are very sensitive and I don't think mascaras should have any scent whatsoever.

The wand does bend and it's supposed to help with the application but I didn't bother testing that out because I didn't want mascara all over my lids in case I didn't maneuver it properly.

Does it give the manga lashes like the model has?
Not really (does anyone want to have lashes like that in real life?)

Does it give any volume or length?
I'd say it gives more length than volume and better suited for women who are blessed with nice lashes naturally. I'm not one of those women and this mascara doesn't give me the lush volume that I want and need and this mascara can clump if you're not careful

Does it stay put all day?
For the most part, it does and removal is fairly easy

Would I repurchase?
Nope because of that scent and it's rather mediocre compared to other mascaras out there

Sorry L'Oreal, you missed the mark with Miss Manga.
But I'll give you credit for a cute marketing campaign.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Chelseaannalou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have never found a mascara I loved so much. I have short stubby lashes, that don't hold a curl at all. This product made them long, full and gave them a beautiful curl. The formula isn't too wet and it goes on easily. Very build-able. One coat is very cute, great for day. Two-three coats is great for evening or more dramatic looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely would buy this again! I have tiny eyelashes and it made such a difference even extending the extra small lashes! Love it! I've used the loreal double extension mascara for years but swapping to this as it's better and cheaper!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was such a bad mascara only things I liked was the packaging and the name. It made my lashes so clumpy and heavy it felt like I had on two sets of false lashes and it started flaking as soon as it dried. It was just a mess all the way around.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by XxRamaxX

Okay let me start of by saying loreal did better mascaras than this. First day I tried it I loved it . It made my lashes so perfect . Then I have realized it was clumpy , too hard on my lashes . Even when the part when the clumps were started hurting. So I got my makeup wipes and tried to take it off . Still the clumps were there . Even my lashes where like falling out . Don't get me wrong I love the packaging . I love loreal products just this one was a 👎.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ahoysailor42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly I had really high hopes for this mascara. However, I have two major gripes:

1) it flakes like nobody's business.
2) the flexible brush.

I really see no need for the flexible brush, as it doesn't allow me to really build up the product. It just flops all over the place & makes it hard to really target the mascara where I need it. As far as the flakes, this one flakes more than most mascaras I've used. So unfortunately, this one is a miss for me, which is a bummer as I really wanted to love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I normally use Voluminous, but I think this will be my new HG mascara. Manga is every bit as volumizing as Voluminous, but it's also more lengthening. The brush is also kinda cool--the end is tapered so it's easier to get to corner lashes, and it's super flexible so the head kinda bends when you use it. I didn't see this available in Carbon Black except in the waterproof version, which I won't go near, so I just got the normal everyday black one instead. Honestly, I use Voluminous in CB and I can't tell the difference between the colors. I def prefer Manga over Voluminous and will be repurchasing often :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Quite fond of this actually! I picked this up on a recent trip to the states(it was about 7 dollars I believe), as it's not available in Canada yet as far as I know. The packaging is bulky but pretty, a sort of oblong shape and shiny metallic pink. I was at first turned off by the flexible brush, since the last mascara I tried with one(maybelline mega plush) was pretty crap. But it works through and coats all my lashes very well, adding flare, volume, colour, and length. It hasn't flaked or smudged on me but does come off fairly easily with a wet tissue. Then again, I didn't exactly by the waterproof version and thus wouldn't expect it to. Overall, I'd say this is a good, inexpensive mascara. I will maybe repurchase, but I do tend to switch up mascara often.
Update: I have seen this in one Canadian Wal-Mart. Not sure how many of them will follow suit.